Why aren't you using wireguard?

Why even use sloe, insecure and obselete openvpn now?

Attached: wireguard-de01548d685b66444f9d4437cffe699eaa4f829fdd5f2334761775d6e06726b5.png (200x200, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wireguard.com/formal-verification/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I am. Switched off openvpn a few months ago. So nice not having to fuck around with issuing certificates.

Can someone redpill me on what Wireguard is and why it's worth using over OpenVPN?

I am. Doing some personal testing at my home network.
Wouldn't rely on it in a production environment as its still in the making.
Also claiming that its more secure than OpenVPN is nonsense. Sure it has a better potential, but at this point, a new barely audited protocol is less secure than any audited, tested and proven VPN protocol.

Its a layer 3 protocol that lives directly in the Linux kernel, presenting itself as an physical interface. its way faster than any other protocol and is designed with security as default. (yet to be thoroughly tested)

No i can't. My vserver is a container and the host system doesn't have the kernel module for wireguard installed

>(yet to be thoroughly tested)
Into the trash it goes

I think a few VPN providers have plans to offer it, but mine doesn't.

to add to what said, it's an order of magnitude simpler than OpenVPN or IPSec because it isn't built on TLS, and thus carries none of TLS's baggage, like the innumerable negotiation options, the dozen ciphersuites, or any of the PKI crap. You get ED25519 and ChaCha20-Poly1305 and that's it. Generating a keypair works more like SSH than the giant CA rigamarole that TLS needs.

ty man. will keep my eye on this project

things develops.
a burger was a cow before you digested it you fat turd

Actually I'm compiling and packaging the kmod for wireguard right now.

>lives directly in the kernel
>yet to be thoroughly tested for security
>just let it get developed in the process lmao

Attached: you_0.jpg (600x600, 321K)

Potential flaws have already been found in the handshake mechanism.
There are literally two 3rd party white papers on its security. So no, not thoroughly tested. not even to speak of its stability. This we will only find out when more large corporations start implementing it.
An interesting and potentially great project non the least.

get out and take your gay anime furfaggotry before i sillyslap you with my ballsack

Why should I use this instead of IPSEC/IKEv2 with NTRU?

Attached: 34s0lj5tl2yoc.jpg (600x905, 210K)

its faster, simpler and potentially more secure.

Post metrics and have it audited, then I'll believe you. Until then, you can keep your meme program.

You ask a question, i give an answer.
Go do a web search if you're interested. Bitch

Does it support layer 2 connections like OpenVPN in TAP mode? Why would I consider switching from OpenVPN when OpenVPN is already working flawlessly for me and has the track record to prove its worth?

How is openvpn insecure

Its not,
one could configure it to be insecure though.

not on winblows

i use it on my phone and linux tho

How do I know if my ovpn settings are secure? I'm retarded.

Dont host your own vpn if you're retarded.

So I can't fuck the client settings?

I am. It's strong.

WireGuard has (due to its small size and simplicity) been fully audited, with formally verified components, and the Noise protocol it uses for connection (IK) has cryptographic proofs. wireguard.com/formal-verification/

zx2c4 needs to update the website.

That is dramatically better than any other VPN protocol or software, including OpenVPN or IKE.

I do hope you're not using NTRU on its own.

Kaka
Cringe

How do I setup a mesh network with this? Then I will use it.
All I can find is point-to-point, which doesn't really replace openvpn just yet.

I use NordVPN. How much of a botnet

why does the logo look... like that