Python is now INCLUSIVE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

wired.com/story/racists-banned-from-python-once-and-for-all

bugs.python.org/issue34605

How will Jow Forums recover from this? Which language should we switch to now?

Attached: googlepixel-wired.com-screenschottool-cache240x240.jpg (1114x969, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/system-center/system-center-2012-R2/hh846234(v=technet.10)
youtube.com/watch?v=JKbDKsNsjac
youtube.com/watch?v=mUvdXxhLPa8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

HolyC

Welp, it was good while it lasted. Time to dust off the old C manual.

Attached: 3be4f7ee31571714e4e4e11070d2800fc7da3a3386d4df8669692cab6a05033a.jpg (825x1280, 50K)

Didn't Python die because of the legacy break from 2 to 3?

Just as I start learning it. FFS. What should I learn now since now Python has been cucked?

Attached: 1423964177207.jpg (500x377, 136K)

But Master/Slave aren't racist words at all. This America-centrism is really problematic, someone should tell that man about how damaging and hurtful that sort of ethnocentrism is. He could be triggering entire continents.

It's funny because he's probably an undercover C/Java shill destroying python from within. Yes yes. He is a real Jow Forums

Attached: 1536200403658.png (646x650, 461K)

Javascript of course. Created by anti-gay person who risked everything.

>fake

>history happens
>events leave its mark in culture
>faggots like this remove the mark
>history is forgotten
>history repeats
I predict we'll be back to slavery 20 years sooner.
Thanks python devs, your great grandchildren are gonna *love* being branded ;)

>white guy finds terms coined by blacks racist

Attached: 1536328944469.png (595x842, 32K)

Python is penis reference,
Please change language name,

>Which language should we switch to now?
Scheme

The power of opensores

The link is dead

Can someone who's really angry about this please explain why you even care?
Literally can't comprehend how terms being used in docs or variable names you will never see are making people so mad.
I mean the butthurt is massive even on slashdot and plebbit.

Attached: 1449709665970.gif (500x419, 239K)

Either all of it is okay or none of it is.

Attached: 1536824902203.jpg (380x310, 25K)

the absolute state

Attached: 1233412354123342.gif (608x582, 338K)

it's always some sensitive offended white person, i can't even remember seeing master/slave in the python docs whereas PID is everywhere

also didn't all the major RDBMS pass on this faggotry so you're going to see master/slave the second you use a database anyway?

But this isn't even a new phenomenon.
People have been trying to demilitarize programming terminology since the 80s.

People have realized that open source is just another cesspit of shit. The dream is over. Reactions to this outrage and others are just a symptom of this.

Attached: 2131231234124.png (342x677, 124K)

>Master/slave terminology now banned
kink shaming, much?

me in pic, btw

Attached: 220px-Zentai_BDSM[1].jpg (220x293, 15K)

Because people are bringing their politics into something that doesn't need politics. These people don't actually care about the project, rather they just want to make sure the project fits their morals. This is a very slippery slope. Eventually you see codes of conduct for contributors, and many of the skilled contributors end up leaving the project because they don't want to deal with all the stupid political shit, and the project suffers. It's happened to other projects. All because some busybodies who don't give a shit about the project are mad you're using certain words.

Took them long enough. Microsoft has already been using "primary/replica" in their database documentation for a couple years.
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/system-center/system-center-2012-R2/hh846234(v=technet.10)

Master/Slave is a very good concept in CS.
It clearly defines and describes correctly the relation between many things we do in programming. Its use has nothing to do with applying that relation between two persons. Instead of the ever expanding censorship of the "Politically Correct" movement they should teach why it is good to use such terminology for programing and technology and why it should never be allow to be use between person ever again. As always by making people more stupid they only serve those that want to control the people as a whole. If you read history you will quickly reach the conclusion that these idiots will reap what they sow.

>But Master/Slave aren't racist words at all. This America-centrism is really problematic, someone should tell that man about how damaging and hurtful that sort of ethnocentrism is. He could be triggering entire continents.

Stop it with your hate facts. Everybody knows that white people were the only people in all of history who had slaves and all slaves were always non-white.

>slave
NOUN

>1(especially in the past) a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.

‘they kidnapped entire towns and turned them into slaves’

>1.1A person who works very hard without proper remuneration or appreciation.

‘by the time I was ten, I had become her slave, doing all the housework’

>1.2A person who is excessively dependent upon or controlled by something.

‘the poorest people of the world are slaves to the banks’

‘she was no slave to fashion’

>1.3A device, or part of one, directly controlled by another.

as modifier‘a slave cassette deck’

Compare withmaster

Attached: 27339163.png (796x458, 427K)

For practical reasons not for protecting leftists feelings and pushing and agenda.

becase it's coding, or well scripting in the case and nobody wants those faggots in their code shitting up the place because that's all they do. I can ensure you non of these butthurt faggots that just go and search for shit to be offended by on the behalf of others they do not even represents, don't even fucking code.

that's all they do, and if you give these morons so much as a finger they will take the entire hand and before you know it they have corrupted everything and is kill for ever.

so it's a slippery slope now it's this term nobody even thought would be """"offensive""", next they will find something else, then some more. code changes must be made because x, y, z is racist, sexist, homophobic, fartophobic and all those made up words.

Then oh no no, you can't have class varibles anymore because that is offensive to transvestite midgets. the urllib has to go because that's offensive to ethiopians. lamda expressions? no not every lesbian pos understands that, so it's both sexist and racist, it must go.

IT NEVER STOPS GET IT?
>IT NEVER STOPS GET IT?
IT NEVER STOPS GET IT?

Attached: 1534338785372.png (720x644, 224K)

>tfw the word literally comes from Slavic

Attached: wut_do.jpg (590x882, 62K)

Its been cucked for a long time, but that wired story is fake

>Rename master/slave to top/bottom
>They can't complain about it because doing so would be homophobic

i don't know what to think anymore

Jow Forums warned us - we could have prevented it

> I can ensure you non of these butthurt faggots that just go and search for shit to be offended by on the behalf of others they do not even represents, don't even fucking code.
But isn't that precisely what you're doing?

Why do you care about petty shit?

what do you think is "petty shit"

Will they be going after engineering next? Master/slave cylinders in cars must be equally triggering after all.

I guess they've only got so much onions energy left after sucking dick and being cucked all fucking day.

Attached: 1409603176480.jpg (600x451, 50K)

Replacing useless words by synonyms. If those words were chosen to be inclusive in the first place you wouldn't have had an idea to complain.

I mean unless you're a python contributer you don't actually care about the project either. You're mad at a few variable names you will never never see.
If actual contributors of the project want to rename all their variables "nigger" you would be fine with it because "it's their project" and absolutely nothing is functionally affected.
Furthermore, the slippery slope argument is also the exact same argument anti master/slave people are making when they say the words contribute to systemic bigotry.
Don't you see the hypocrisy here?

i know this isn't Jow Forums but how much more proof do you need to know that this is some kind of mind virus that is destroying everything it touches

Start attacking SJWs with their own playbook

Attached: 1485422826442.jpg (554x508, 132K)

no I make a lot of python scripts, and when they let these faggots in to start to mess everything around because x,y,z-phobia. This means it will eventually affect my scripts

seriously I think I'm done with python now, I just don't got a similar alternative, exlcuding ruby, where I can make scripts fast or prototype shit. Now I do not trust the dev team anymore

(you)

Attached: you.jpg (770x667, 107K)

Literally nothing is changing that affects the syntax in anyway shape or form.
Why are you LARPing?

>slippery slope
they gave the finger..... now they are in...

I care about the project because I use Python, and I don't want future enhancements to be jeopardized by contributors leaving due to an increasingly hostile environment, with people policing what they can and cannot say, and what they can and cannot do outside of their work on the project.

Also, it's not the same argument at all. This kind of shit has been demonstrated multiple times to negatively affect projects. So far, to my knowledge, no link has been found between someone naming a variable "slave" and society oppressing minorities.

for being a bunch of nerds there are way too many people falling for this shit

boo fucking hoo, let those babies cry
This is my first python script :^)

Attached: boo hoo cry more.png (1204x426, 22K)

>Use 'cucked' technology
>Make a living out of it
>Donate/support far right nationalism
>???????????
>profit

Are you even trying anons?

>Racist
Stupid fucking burgers. Not everyone did the whole black slave thing, stop forcing your stupid guilt over shit done by no one alive today on everyone else kthanks.

>then be ousted from ceo position for political donations you made

> I don't want future enhancements to be jeopardized by contributors leaving due to an increasingly hostile environment
Do you know of any contributors at all who opposed this change? It's their project, and they're free to set their own guidelines. Would you be mad about them changing internal variable names from underscore to camel case?
And furthermore, you're implicitly assuming everyone who's a good programmer must be some snowflake conservative like you, but the reality is most people in computer science are liberal.

> This kind of shit has been demonstrated multiple times to negatively affect projects.
Yes because people like you make it a point to attack the project over non-functional changes everytime this happens.

> no link has been found between someone naming a variable "slave" and society oppressing minorities.
Vocabulary as a tool of dehumanization is a well researched phenomenon. It's been used for literally centuries.

>tfw it doesn't

you can't dehumanize what isn't human, whatever the name you call it.

>Poisoning the well by accusing people of being conservatives
Disagreeing with political correctness and the demonstrably negative effects it has does not make someone a conservative. I am not a conservative. I disagree with the Republican part and the alt-right on most social topics. You've made it pretty clear what your goal with this conversation was: smack down the evil conservatives. Your mind cannot be changed, and so I'm finished with this conversation. Have fun living in your own ideological bubble, brainlet. Feel free to respond to this post with something "witty" about how I have no argument or I'm dumb or whatever. I won't respond.

Attached: aMfdLX9.jpg (1200x792, 98K)

Perl

not him but fuck off, leftist. the day of the rope is coming.

C++ here i go

don't you have some nazis to punch?

*trashcans

Literally what is wrong with not wanting to be a corporate bootlicker but at the same time not want to drink the left wing loony bin koolaid?

>muh day of the rope

lol you retards have been talking about that shit forever

> i won't respond
> post count didn't go up

Attached: aff35zb.jpg (266x190, 11K)

he's right we need to get on this
i'm saying next thursday

>everyone who disagrees with me is the same person

can math be racist? no, of course not. they're trying to control language. they think language is a power structure and power structures are oppressive. once they control the language and you don't follow it, you're racist. it's all about control and programmers should strongly resist this shit they're pulling.

It's not the change user, it's the salami tactics behind it.
youtube.com/watch?v=JKbDKsNsjac

In politics, all it takes is one step to push for another, if you give them the first step, be ready to give a whole marathon, people whose objective is to subvert will always keep pushing for more political changes, they never stop, there's no middle ground, they will keep pushing for a small change here, then another and another and in 20 years you have serious and damaging changes. History is full of situations like this.

You can be certain that someone, somewhere, is already thinking and acting upon another small change that will get them close to full subversion.

The unthinkable of today is just a few steps and a few decades down the line.

> can math be racist?
no one is changing math

> they think language is a power structure and power structures are oppressive.
like ive said before, vocabulary has been used as a tool to promote dehumanization for centuries

> once they control the language
If you believe language has no power and can't be oppressive, why would you care?

> you don't follow it, you're racist.
If you agree that words have implicit power to affect a person, why can't you fathom that someone might actually feel challenged by a loaded word like slave? why are you so strongly invested in a word that has a dozen synonyms that are just as descriptive and not in debate?

No one is invested in the word "slave". You are making a strawman argument. Pathetic.

> people whose objective is to subvert will always keep pushing for more political changes, they never stop, there's no middle ground, they will keep pushing for a small change here, then another and another
people have been complaining about the "degeneration of society" since before Roman times

> The unthinkable of today is just a few steps and a few decades down the line.
Again, this is nothing new.
There are people alive today who were born in a period where lynching was socially acceptable.

Excellent non-argument friendo, I'll take that as you accepting the fact that you're a complete hypocrite.

I'm starting to think you're actually retarded and not just pretending, user.

I care because I don't want them to have control over me and it's forcing everyone to play their ideological game. If I'm marked as a racist, it's discrediting me. If they have a Code of Conduct in the repo, like they're forcing everywhere, then me being "racist" means I'm kicked out.
The words don't have power, but they give them power for control purposes. It's not racist to say 'blacklisted', but it will be if they get more control over the language.
I get this is bait and no one can be this retarded, but it's important to say this either way.

Someone should fork it and add back master/slave terminology. Like they did with FreeBSD

>Middle English: shortening of Old Frenchesclave, equivalent of medieval Latinsclava(feminine) ‘Slavic (captive)’: some South Slavic peoples had been reduced to a servile state by conquest in the 9th century.

>vocabulary has been used as a tool to promote dehumanization
Fucking signs have been used to promote dehumanization. What's you're point? You're not gonna stop people from dehumanizing each other by removing words. And using the word master/slave isn't the same as promoting slavery.

>If you believe language has no power and can't be oppressive, why would you care?
Yeah because attempting to control language and ban terms have never been used to oppress people. I care, that's why I don't want words banned.

>why can't you fathom that someone might actually feel challenged by a loaded word like slave?
Oh did your fee fee's get hurt? It's so hard having ancestors that where salves like the rest of the worlds population.
Seriously yes it is hard for me to fathom someone being that sensitive that they demand everybody else adapt to their sensitivity. Because if they are that sensitive they need to fix it with themselves. People can get triggered over the color red if they where raped by someone with a red shirt. Doesn't mean we ban red shirts.

Watch this idiot
youtube.com/watch?v=mUvdXxhLPa8

Bring back bullying

this, how can we expect women to get interested in language with such sexist name? Let's make it happen, that would be amazing

>literally all slaves were black
wew lad

Tbh this is fucking bullshit. How does one fucking dude manage to pull this off without having proper discussion over it? Someone contributing to Python should just randomly merge a PR removing all "kill" terms with "long-sleep" and then
Gudio-van-cocksuckum will come out with "Duuurrrr well dey're already merged!"

nice

That's the fucking joke

Someone should fork it and change it to niggers/crackers just to piss'em off.

I love how they were talking about having terms like "bots" and "clones".

Someone should open a PR taking out these terms to avoid insulting future android and human clones

Not even remotely comparable. If someone were to go create their own language no on would care. This is a direct power play in which someone is trying to assume the reign over a collaborative undertaking to which they have no claim.

>their project
Operative word is "their". Have a think about that one.

>there are literally only two positions on anything, ill-defined and vague, all encompassing conservative or erroneously misused liberal, which are not even the "matching" diametric pairs.
The fucking state of sports team cucks.

you mean crackers/niggers

oops, yeah or
English/Irish

can they define banned?

This isn't even remotely the case. The committee, like in all other open source projects, has decided to go forth with this change. So that's what's happening. It's pretty simple, happens all the time, but for some reason people are mad now... hmm

Or Nips/Chinks

Wrong

Feminist/basedboys

If Guido already stepped down, and nobody agrees with the change, maybe someone with balls should revert the change.

Attached: mster-slave-commit.png (2146x1084, 193K)

Everybody agrees with the change.
Deal with it.

this, I can't use a language name "python", a phallic reference to the male sexual organ, it's very sexist.

>the only way I can handle something is by taking it to the extreme
yikes

you are laughing now, but you wont be laughing in a couple of years when this happens

people were also laughing years ago about the master/slave terminology, joking that it would get replaced because of dumb americans and their slavery narrative