If you write code with PHP unironically then you should eat shit and die

If you write code with PHP unironically then you should eat shit and die

Attached: 58481791cef1014c0b5e4994.png (400x400, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/taylorotwell/status/1039962510470860800
twitter.com/taylorotwell/status/1039995407257030661
github.com/swoole/swoole-src/
techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r16&hw=ph&test=json
phptherightway.com/#templating
stackoverflow.com/a/8028987/7427482
phpcaptcha.org
iblocklist.com/lists.php
packagist.org/?query=captcha
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

user show me where they touched you

Every language has its applications, and only freshman CS majors think any one language is objectively "better" than the others.

However, among the 100 or so mainstream languages in use today, there are two languages which there is no reason to learn in 2018: Coffeescript and PHP.

What do you use instead for website crap like redirects?

Yeah hold my beer and 80k+ salary im gonna jump

Any web application framework will easily handle redirects.

this website is unironically php based

Most are. OP is a faggot.

>If you write code with legacy PHP then you should eat shit and die.
FTFY, PHP7+ is based, even more so with 7.4.

>80k
Are you even trying?

True.

7 is gud

PHP is God tier, everyone here is a brainlet shilling his meme dead languages or his flavor-of-the-month js framework

So what do you recommend instead for serverside programming?
I expect an valid answer from you OP!

perl in the cgi-bin

laravel is a good reason to use php

node.js

Ok, and what about ruby?

Ruby with Sinatra is gud

/thread

This is why i do backend web dev in VB

hell no
php is super performant until you use one of those frameworks

What should i use OP?

boards.Jow Forums.org/g/thread/67586236/shill-me-on-a-stack

you have no idea about web development

>he relies on a framework to preform basic redirects
lmaoing at ur life

Configure redirects in the web server vhosts configs

it just werks
sorry for making money out of it OP
now go fuck yourself

Your anger alone makes it worth it.

Attached: autism.jpg (360x480, 24K)

php is better than most of the numale scripting languages out there. and php is bad. really really bad.

Seconded. I use it daily. It's awful pretty much every way you slice it. Except one.

It does everything you need a web server to do in a way that makes the most sense for a textual markup presentation layer to do it.

That's a pretty big deal, I suppose. Guess I'll keep using it until something else stops playing with CS concepts long enough to do real work.

Based and Rustpilled

I use PHP to generate x86 asm files. I wouldn't write a webapp in it, but for simple templating, I don't think there's anything to beat it.

Does nobody here uses Java or C# for backend?

I converted a java backend to PHP because the owner of the company was no shit tired of hiring Indians. Increased throughout too.

php is my preferred scripting language in Linux.

I use java, node.js and php. Php is better for 90% of web apps. It has very good integration with linux and has many more modern frameworks. You also dont have to worry about callback hell or the dodgy io support from node. Php has matured alot since its inception. Do you want a small backend for a basic CRUD app? Php does this very well. Do you want to make a large restful backend that has a lot of features? Php does this very well too. What feature do you need? Csfr? Tokenization? Mongo support? Mysql? File management? Stream buffering? Real time data with websockets? There is a php library for that and its well documented. The question id ask most people thinking about using java over php is.. Are you going to use the features java offers that php doesnt like jndi? If not, save yourself the time and use php

show me how to (in a superior language) embed html within the script
C# is the only language on par with PHP for web shit.

this
lol

Java is absolute garbage honestly
C# is far better for web with asp.net
Javascript is even better than Java for backend. Unironically. and node is a fucking nightmare
PHP is still by far the easiest to integrate and use, as well as quite fast with 7.4 it's insanely fast.

PHP 5.6+ is solid, PHP 7+ is fast and comfy. Fuck Node, Ruby, and Python backends.

Php5 really was were the platform improved to a point to peak corporate interest. But yes php7+ is based

This unironically

Java has its uses. But yeah like I said 90% of the time php is the best. And C# is lovely. I used it for some pet projects in unity. Eloquent and great syntax plus I'm a sucker for strongly typed languages.

Nice selfie.

There is a list of literally hundreds (thousands?) of objective issues and inconsistencies with PHP.

And thousands that are arguable but are highly emblematic of bigger issues.

If you think PHP is "solid" in any capacity you shouldn't be allowed around computers.

Examples? If there are hundreds or even dare I say thousands of critical issues with php I'm sure you can name a few

well, well, well

PHP 7.3RC03 IS BASED

>there's no reason to learn in 2018
any reason to learn java/javascript/node/ruby ?
7.4 havn't been released yet, well it hasn't been branched yet.
7.3RC01 is out today ( per-release )
>node.js
fuck, when is this meme gonna die and join ruby on rails ?
fuck no. laravel is shit. but ofc you gonna say alot of people use, well, taylor, the creator of laravel recently shared this :
twitter.com/taylorotwell/status/1039962510470860800 and this : twitter.com/taylorotwell/status/1039995407257030661
and you can see clearly who uses Laravel.
laravel may seem easy to use and perfect to you, but its just a bunch of junk that follows no standards.

no, you are wrong.
you may think "well those framewok will require 10 classes just for a hello world example", you may be right, but that doesn't mean they slow down php, some of them make it even faster, take zend expressive for example, run it on swoole, ReactPHP or AMP, and you'll see that they boost the performance of the application, not slowing it down. some frameworks can make working with php a joy.
to name a few : Symfony, Zend, Zend Expressive, Silex ...

can you give me an example for what's awful about php ?

you probably talking about the article from ~2006~
just saying, php have fixed most of the issues mentioned on that article.

Attached: php.jpg (480x360, 41K)

i meant
PHP 7.3.0RC1 IS BASED

but RC3 is coming Oct 11 so whatever

yep my absolute favorite thing is

do html shit

do html javascript shit

like seriously, how easy is that

CGI.pm is deprecated. Use Plack.

cringe

>Every language has its applications
name one thing php can do that node can't do better

Pretty much. Or you can take it a step further and have php only return
Json. If you do that you can avoid rewriting code if you have a big app that needs the same backend data over and over again. But then again thats the thing about scale. Php can do it all.

It’s still being maintained, just no longer in core.

spaghetti code is easy to create

Go ahead and enlighten me, oh wise one

async, it may seem funny, but even tho php doesn't have async, you can use php swoole extension which gives you 10~20 times better performance, better http server, coroutine and much more

php swoole : github.com/swoole/swoole-src/
benchmarks : techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r16&hw=ph&test=json

Still, why use it when a better and more performant alternative exists.

Everything io
Synchronous functions
Abstract classes
Polymorphism
Interfaces
Standard design patterns
Data encapsulation
Static functions
A built in templating system
>handlebars lul

Face it, without typescript node would be nowhere

except PHP is not superior in any aspect over alternatives

i fucking wish typescript was a programming language on its own that you can use instead of javascript.

My code is very nicely formatted. Nothing spaghetti about that. If you want server side shit you look in the php block.

Yea I've seen a lot of echo / prints in some PHP projects, looks terrible and doesn't format the HTML or CSS or JS correctly.
A lot of the time if I need a python script to pull code I'll definitely use json, or sqlite3

>node

Fucking lmaoooooo, OP is a fucking node retard complaining about PHP.

I don’t like change. I’m looking at Mojolicious for new development.

Its hilarious. Coming from a guy that has to use both node and php I couldnt agree more. If you follow function declarations in any major node library with your ide you will see a typescript file, isnt it funny how without typescript so much JavaScript backend libraries wouldnt exist. Node is only a thing because of transpiling Babel and typescript. The funny thing is all these OO features are native to php. You dont have to use a seperate syntax or transpilers to have a sensible object oriented backend. I hear the appeal that it is easier for front end JavaScript devs but it would be less of a learning curve if they just learned php

>My code is very nicely formatted.
THAT IS NOT NICELY FORMATTED

by doing that, you can't actually send any http header, cookies or change the session status as the headers have already been sent the first time you write html, cause php opened the output buffer already, please user, separate the view and business logic, what you are doing is so wrong, spaghetti code that is unreadable and any professional php developer would cringe by seeing that, that's not how we do php nowadays, you may wanna read this :
phptherightway.com/#templating
you'll learn a lot.

i have though about writing a typescript to php transpiler once but i didn't get the time to do it tho, it should not be hard though since there isn't much difference between the two , but it's gonna take time, and i don't have much of that currently

Good luck

>implying that was actually some of my code
you're truly an idiot, and you are wrong about not being able t send header, cookies, etc
retard.

>being this dumb
not even once

U doubt PHP guy?

Attached: DB9E8E04-C4C7-45C3-A50F-87CDEE85731A.jpg (235x215, 42K)

And agreed 100% again. I hate taking on projects with no mvc. Cant tell you how many times ive seen large php apps where you had single page documents with all the business logic. If your app is gonna be feature rich for the love of god componentize and logically separate your logic from your views. Its not php fault you have a 1400 line document where 300 lines are copy pasted in every other document. Its not phps fault you dont have a property/config file. Its not phpss fault you dont register autoloaders. Its the devs fault. An experienced dev will build a php backend that is organized beautiful and easily maintainable

well, i'm not saying that, but you said that's how you do it, by writing php -> html -> php -> html ...
>you are wrong about not being able to send header, cookie , etc
well, sorry but you are wrong, read this please : stackoverflow.com/a/8028987/7427482

Not that user but thanks a lot for that link, I was looking for something like that for a while.

Attached: 1536512565737.jpg (750x686, 338K)

What's the best web stack?
What's the best server side scripting language?
What's the best BSD operating system?
Why does no one talk about netbsd?

I literally make about $1,000/week doing gigs on upwork/freelancer/etc as a wordpress "dev'". Sometimes it pays to have grown up in the 90s.

>Shit on PHP
>But then recommends fucking Node.js

It depends.
But generally id say LAMP
shell scripting and cron for automation
>BSD

you may wanna check the php resource on >wordpress "dev"
fucking go extinct already

LAMP IS SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
LINUX (bloat)
APACHE (idk)
MYSQL (idk)
PHP(idk)

Drupal. It just werks.

yo php guy
do you know how to make a simple comment system like 4chin with captcha and shit
how long will that take you

i would pick drupal over wordpress any fucking day. even tho i don't use it, but atleast it have the request/response life cycle, its great and allows you to use something like ReactPHP/AMP/Swoole
but mostly importantly, you can use composer with drupal without having a headache.
i already made one last year with vuejs/material design css, it took me a month, it was like a modern version of Jow Forums, but it was taken down by the hosting provider cause some faggot posted a gore image on a public board.

Literally 30 minutes
phpcaptcha.org

>using the language as it was intended is cringy

>but it was taken down by the hosting provider cause some faggot posted a gore image on a public board.

yo php guy, you ever blocked ip's and stuff before??

iblocklist.com/lists.php

packagist.org/?query=captcha

>bloat
You are running a server, not installing a epeen meme os and ricing it for Jow Forums buxx

>i already made one last year with vuejs/material design css

screenshot? Looks interesting user

Nice link. grabbing it with composer should be easy

>bu..but muh npm
composer require google/recaptcha

i blocked mostly bots, crawlers .. etc and also indians.
i'm too lazy to search, but i found pic related in my document ( i switch to new computer and i haven't moved all files yet )

Attached: 4chin.png (1330x635, 42K)

look at it now, its so fucking ugly
why the fuck did i use Material Design ?

templating is autism at it's finest

nginx (no competition)
postgresql or sqlite3 depending on if you're small or big
mariadb & mysql are secondary and not very useful
linux obviously
language doesn't matter so much as long as it isn't Java or python.

NGINX + LINUX + POSTGRESQL/SQLITE3 + PHP is great

definitely 100% incorrect here

What is incorrect

Holy fuck, that looks disgusting.
>using google captcha
>i blocked mostly bots, crawlers .. etc and also indians.
where did you find the lists?

100% of it.. I just said

i know, so tell me whats the best
>NGINX + LINUX + POSTGRESQL/SQLITE3 + PHP is great

honestly, it sounds good.
>POSTGRESQL
why?

That it? No reasoning why I am wrong. Or the correct alternative?