At what point will we be able to finally ditch routers and modems and just use our smartphones for an internet...

At what point will we be able to finally ditch routers and modems and just use our smartphones for an internet connection at home?

Attached: 1430821015308.jpg (590x590, 305K)

when we all become clueless whores like you are.

Soon, but do you have cute feet? I would be blessed if you could show me your soles.

When you begin to enjoy your cellphone service provider bending you over a barrel when you use phone tethering.

This is the dumbest shit I've heard all day.

It isn't me you jackasses. That's Sky Ferriera. I just used an unrelated picture of her as a placeholder.

I think it would be cool to (a) not have all those boxes and (b) pay one single bill for everything instead of paying two separate bills for different internet connections.

You can do that now,
the reason most people don't is because Cell Phone carriers massively throttle all traffic that isn't VoIP.
I know this is a bait post, but I would hope that most people know that Cellphone carriers have been completely exempt from net neutrality for like 20 years.

When wireless latency is as good and as stable as wired.
So never.

I have unlimited 4G data on my phone. Which I use for my laptop when Im out of the house.

Thank you net neutrality.

>It isn't me, that's Sky Ferriera
You have just proven you are a clueless whore

Stupid normie.

Never. Airwaves are too valuable for that bullshit.

>get actual unlimited data
>have 4g
>???
>profit

Never. It's literally never going to happen. Kys, brainlet.

Good way to kill your battery

Considering my home internet is 1Gbps and unlimited and my cellphone is slow and 10GB of transfer, I'm going with never.

damn, and I just made pic related today to make fun of threads like this

Attached: Untitled.png (640x400, 12K)

But then, the smartphone become the router

>When you begin to enjoy your cellphone service provider bending you over a barrel when you use phone tethering.

Don't forget about accepting terrible latency and unreliable connections too.

Funny, none of the things listed in that image apply to the OP.
>no sexually expressive face
>no buttocks
>no visible curved spines
>no feet
>no hands
>no breasts
lol try again

Attached: minimalist b8.jpg (800x600, 27K)

Exactly. Use it as a router when you're home, take it with you when you go. Why isn't this yet feasible?

That will be the moment when smart phones become a viable option for everyone and not just NCPs who are eager to give all their data to Big Brother so they can participate in mindless consumerism.