What is Jow Forums's opinion on Google Chrome's new "material" design? Is it an improvement, or a bad decision?

What is Jow Forums's opinion on Google Chrome's new "material" design? Is it an improvement, or a bad decision?

Attached: New_Material_Refresh_Design_UI_Google_Chrome.png (550x412, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src.git
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You know exactly what Jow Forums's opinions are on material design. Fuck off and stop looking for attention.

change for the sake of change is... pic related

Attached: uxiu0wm7tgcz.jpg (600x650, 118K)

>not running gentoo
wow faggio

Yeah, we like it

>new material
As if old material was not shit.

I love it. But people aren't allowed to like it here so I'll get downvoted.

How do I bring back the old shortcut/most visited new tab page?

It looks shit with crappy icons instead of massive squares

As with all Google design choices, they lacks consistency across products.

I don't care because I don't use chrome

It's all shit until they implement a scrolling tab list like Firefox rather than having tab buttons shrink to unusable sizes with no room for text.

Wtf now it looks like Firefox

my flash applications dont work anymore this update is epic

Switched to firefuchs

YOU CAN REVERT BACK TO THE DEFAULT CLASSIC UI

YOU RETARDED FAGGOTS

Looks like even shittier wersion of australis.

can you?

I don't like the decision to put the new tab button on the right side of the tabs. This continues the tradition of having to "chase" the new tab button with your mouse if you don't have a lot of tabs open and you want to open quite a few at once.
Yes, I know what keyboard shortcuts are, but in terms of design it's just a bad choice.
I also don't like the fact that they now display your Google profile right next to the omnibox at all times. I remember the days where having your first name next to the navigation icons was optional and could be disabled, this shit just isn't cool.
Also, the design is generally just a bit close to Firefox, isn't it?

Other than that, it's OK I guess.

Yeah, but it's a flag. Whenever a standard becomes relegated to a flag in Chrome, you just know it's going to disappear entirely in a few versions.
The ability to revert to the previous look won't be around for long.

what is this called?

Attached: 1511221068554.png (26x28, 465)

bevel?

yes

go to chrome://flags

Why is everything so fucking round nowadays?

Homofag design.

corner

OLD GOOD
NEW BAD

Attached: 1514415746049.png (190x266, 5K)

> don't fix it if ain't broken
that old mantra should be applied more often in our current times

a poorly rendered fillet

border radius in web design

Here's how to revert back to the original design, you autistic fucks that can't accept change.
Go to chrome://flags and set this setting to Default.
You're welcome.

Attached: opt out.png (735x158, 17K)

im using it just to try it out, but i really dont like it. if i still hate it in a week im switching back to the old design

I meant Normal.

What great criticism.

gay

they're brainlet newfags at design, they see a blog article that says rounded corners are better, they try to put rounded corners everywhere, also the recent tech advancements in smartphone displays which allowed rounded corners and notches, it's a stupid fad, hopefully they will figure out a more balanced use of sharp vs soft and not go full queer like apple did, microsoft seems to stick with their squared design which has grown on me

>brainlet in charge of catching logical fallacies

the new shit is just older old shit
we're just going in circles at this point

here is it how it should be

Attached: improved.png (550x413, 25K)

I'm fine with the redesign.
>plus button on the left
That didn't happen.
I wish they would add a decent dark mode though, along with google.com darkmode.

sharp knee

my sides

Attached: 1536631552536-g.jpg (453x294, 57K)

For the most part I like it.

>Is it an improvement, or a bad decision?
Improvement.

Also I use Firefox

Like... Tears. In Rain

Attached: googlechrome-old.jpg (800x673, 96K)

This is not reddit

Hate it. Looks like a cheap knock-off, especially on a high dpi display. The round look clashes with the sharp features. The sizes also look off (e.g tabs to high).
But I also didn't like the switch from the round to the triangle shape.

>unironically using chrome
nigga what

bug

>you autistic fucks that can't accept change
read

RIP gtk2 theme.

Attached: gtk2.png (1169x736, 720K)

that's bullshit, the new tab button is on the same place as before

NEW GOOD
OLD BAD

Attached: you.png (190x266, 12K)

It's okay but I had to make my own theme because the default doesn't have enough contrast.

Attached: chrome.png (890x318, 72K)

It pretty much is these days

>not using https for Jow Forums
what the fuck is wrong with you

>see-through tabs on 7

Will anything ever reach the aesthetics of aero? Doubtful

>be google
>fix something that was never broken
>consistently ruin your own software since ics
time to abandoned ship

No one on Jow Forums uses Chrome unironically

Will https protect me from low content posts or something? Jow Forums is already compromised so what's the point?

It's basically Firefox's old design.

Mine just switched today. I feel kind of uncomfortable with it since it's so different from what I've been using for years but I think I'll get used to it.

>gOoGle ChRomE
fuck off normalfag

the state of Jow Forums

Attached: 1536732273649.jpg (1014x1024, 73K)

Civilization won't last much longer, mate. My internet privacy is far down the list of my worries.
Check out this menu, it's pretty nice now.

Attached: a good google.png (318x1036, 60K)

Goddammit this may just be what pushes me to linux. Tired of this shit and I might as well learn to modify source code to get the behavior I want out of these stupid fucking computer programs.

chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src.git

do it

Fucking watch me. I'm going to fork it and call it some kind of gay anime name and it'll be great.

Eh, its okay.

I don't really have a preference.

i can see you glow from here cianigger

Uglee

I don't use chrome but at least visually I see an improvement. The new tab button on the left for example is more intuitive. The rounded address bar is more modern too. Also, it's more seamless thanks to the inverted color scheme. I never liked the sharp edges on the old layout, even if it gave it some personality.
As a whole it feels updated and more in tune with the rest of google's design.

so basically itt: people complaining about change who don't know shit about design.

>more modern put forward as a positive
>claims to know anything about design
At this point browsers should just have user customizable UIs, OH WAIT WE HAD THAT AND IT WORKED FINE ON FIREFOX
Chrome was a goddamn mistake.

well, I am an active graphic designer, so I know a thing or two. But we're on Jow Forums and I could be a NEET instead and no one would ever know, so I made actual points.

Yes, modern is good when executed correctly. Please tell my how it's bad.

Then again, I've always used FF for its customization so we do agree on some things.

its ok. i dont see the big fuss. only autists really care

>well, I am an active graphic designer, so I know a thing or two.
Actually quite the opposite. You know nothing and think you know everything.

it's better

>duckduckgo
niceme.me

It's weird how the leftmost tab doesn't hit the left of the screen.

I might just switch to Firefox now that Firefox has gotten good again.

OP's pic is outdated, they have the new tab button on the right now, but it still looks like shit

>The new tab button on the left for example is more intuitive.

Attached: (You).jpg (885x1000, 92K)

Who gives a shit about a closed source GOOGLE product, you zoomer faggot?

New update made all of my extensions stop responding/working and nuked my fucking onetab data. Christ I'm livid

It's a pointless change for the sake of a change, but I don't hate it. It's similar enough to the old design to not be distracting.

What I do hate is the new tab page that shows small icons instead of webpage thumbnails (thankfully, this can be disabled).

I also hate the new video player that completely lacks ability to control volume. I will never understand how could anyone think that removing volume control from a video player would be a good idea. Can be disabled too (for now).

And I absolutely hate their attempts to obfuscate/hide full URLs from the address bar, because Chrome's target audience is retarded.
(Disabled in Chromium by default)

But most importantly, I don't really care, because I'm going to switch back to Firefox soon.

OLD BAD
NEW BAD

Attached: you2.png (190x266, 11K)

>Jow Forums mad over a fucking chrome redesign
We really are reddit now aren't we

Attached: epic.jpg (234x110, 10K)

Here is what bothers me. Previously this space was used for the non-removable Google account button, which they now moved down to the toolbar. But the empty space is still there, instead of being used to fit more tabs.

Attached: 7777777777777777.png (287x79, 2K)

>having the new tab button in a different place depending on the number of other open tabs instead of having it in a fixed position closer to the address bar.

ishygddt

the true redpill

you absolute brainlet
new tabs go on the right
we read from left to right
with the old style the tabs weren't indistinguishable blobs so you could easily see where the rightmost tab was
putting the button in the far left corner would require a retarded amount of mouse movement
placing the button on the next to the rightmost tab obviously makes more sense and it is no surprise that google has placed it there

i hate rounded corners. all of them. there, i said it

based and redpilled

the old new tab button was even shaped like an "imaginary" tab that you could click on to create/expand, intuitive as fuck

an app

fuck google
don't pay for g-suite just for custom domain emails, use yandex, it's completely free and it works perfectly

>My internet privacy is far down the list of my worries.
then why the fuck do you use duckduckgo? Fucking liar

I do

Attached: egshrj.png (634x219, 37K)

>use yandex
Fuck off ivan

>google and NSA are more trustworthy
>implying you're doing anything that requires hard secrecy anyway

if google had custom domain email for free, i'd use it, i don't give a fuck, but it costs money, and on principle i will avoid giving them money, when they can't even leave the UI design alone on their browser, the new UI is fucking terrible

Speak for yourself

>muh minimalism
Looks like a firefucks knockoff now
Looks retarded