Simple, clean, elegant, fast; Linux lacks these, which makes it trash

Attached: 1518608803667.png (1760x986, 1.41M)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Lollypop
youtu.be/FEMS88kEx_8
store.kde.org/p/1213208/
agner.org/optimize/blog/read.php?i=49
us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/16203380383
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

True desu. Linux can't even run on anything slower than the top 500 supercomputers

Linux is dog shit but Apple os is worse.

Based

>blurry
>cut off top
>1.41MiB
Nice.

>elegant
a fucking dock

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 17.45.35.png (1920x1080, 1.56M)

macos is anything but simple, clean, fast and elegant though
it literally lags on sandy bridge hardware, on a machine made by crapple and it is quite horrible to use

Can I make foobar do albums like this?

I love the new dark theme, but after seeing the disaster that was High Sierra I will wait for others to try it first and get their program update.
Regarding the design, I agree that it is one of the best dark themes designed, especially if you compare it with the trash that is the dark theme of Windows 10.

How do I make my own foobar skin?
None of the ones I've seen on Deviantart appeal to me.

> can I make FOSS garbage work and look pretty
No

Macs are far from simple and fast. Hey, that's just my opinion.

>shilling this hard
foobar isn't even FOSS you idiot

There is nothing wrong with this screenshot

Attached: 21b9aa39ce5e8bcaf227b3fb67b019fa.png (234x264, 26K)

>simple
Yea.
>clean
Debatable.
>elegant
lol
>fast
lol

The OS isn't bad, but it's not great either, let's be real. Linux can be all those things and more, but it depends on the user. We haven't had any OS that's checked all those things out of the box for years.

Howfeel 1-10?

foobar is neither FOSS nor has anything to do with Linux
>the absolute state of iToddlers

>simple
macOS is pretty much the same as Linux here

>clean
Neither are clean

>elegant
Apple is trying, but their failure to do so makes them worse than even Linux. All OSs suck here

>fast
Linux is a lot faster in my experience, macOS is a bit of a hog

>which makes it trash
Both are trash

Seething.

MacOS is slow, buggy, and restrictive in a number of ways, but it's still far more usable as a desktop OS than Linux.
Windows isn't even worth using as your main OS. Just stop if you're doing this.

Attached: 1507319830753.png (256x256, 79K)

wrong, we have a better one.
wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Lollypop
>pic related

Attached: lollypop.jpg (1920x1053, 875K)

Looks dreadful. Why are Gnome devs so awful at UX design.

>adcovating gnome

>answering on stupid bait

kill yourself

Attached: screen.png (1920x1080, 121K)

Yeah windows is just sad now

yeah keep using win95 clones kdefag, GNOME human interface guidelines is the best thing that happened in the GNU/Linux desktop in the last decade.

Attached: kdead.jpg (600x422, 53K)

shit font rendering, fix it

>being mad at the foot

Attached: gnomestone.jpg (500x375, 151K)

Yeah so a fucking shitty ass DE can use up all of my RAM without even starting a fucking application and I'm expected not to get pissed off? Fuck off GNOME nigger.

imagine thinking that looks good

jesus fucking christ

>use up all my ram
wrong, gnome 3.30 use less ram than kde

Attached: pottering.jpg (640x640, 241K)

this, windows too

MODS!

Pictures of assholes do not belong in Jow Forums!

Linux may not be perfect but it's at least better than MacOS or Windows in every way. It's also not dictated by a profit-making company and has the most options of everything ever. Since it's constantly changing it can become whatever people want it to become without even excluding the minorities that want something else. Actually I take it back, it is perfect. The only reason to use something else temporarily is because some specific software does not have a Linux client, not because other systems would be better in itself.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: pcrun.jpg (1003x698, 34K)

fake news

What DE is this? Looks like XFCE.

you missed places

I think we're hitting a new peak of simultaneous Apple advertisement threads. Report and hide.

Attached: macshills.jpg (4500x3000, 1.6M)

elementary OS default music app looks better.

Attached: music.jpg (989x661, 125K)

Its so obvious. Its pretty embarrassing.

It gets significantly worse after Apple releases a new product since they want to increase sales during that quarter. Mods rarely do anything, but they did delete a bunch of threads when the iPhone 8 came out.

SEETHING

I think Gnome does the job very well.

>he's never run any half decent distro with kde
COME ON BUD COME ON

>half decent loonix distro

Correct

>in every way.
Linux doesn't support visual studio so I cannot write software in it (I am *not* wasting time learning some dogshit alternative unless the FSF pays the bills for me).

>Linux doesn't support visual studio
wrong
>visual studio doesn't support Linux
correct

Doesn't make you sound very competent, which software are you writing? I want to stay away from it. I don't want to think I'm paying your bills either.

>>visual studio doesn't support Linux
>correct
Disgusting coping mechanisms. Windows knows how to run an .exe, Linus doesn't. The gnu and linux representatives should go beg microsoft to make their OS relevant for all I care.
>I want to stay away from it.
Our customers aren't broke amateurs.

I can make linux look exactly like this. There's even a very similar music player (gnome-music)
Will I do this?
no.

>linux
>slow
somebody needs to install gentoo

that's the reason mac customers pay the premium, professionals do all the work for them.

>Windows knows how to run an .exe, Linus doesn't
wrong
>The gnu and linux representatives should go beg microsoft
wrong
>Our customers aren't broke amateurs.
I'm guessing this is wrong then as well, since it seems to be a habit of yours. So what's the software so I can avoid it?

>Will I do this?
Do it fag. I like to see riced desktops.

POO IN THE LOO

This, OP is a paid shill.

>"wrong"
Not an argument. Very desperate coping mechanisms.

>DDR3 on $2000 hardware
>$1000 more same hardware
>treats users like children
mac toddlers defend this prestige-brand bullshit

>>treats users like children
way better than expecting you to do all the work.

>professionals knows everyone's preferences and it is macOS preferences
keep telling this to yourself.
>install gnome-music
>use KDE
>add top panale with global menu widget
>add bottom panel with software launcher or whatever these old launchers were used long time ago
>done
Not gonna do it, looks gay and outdated anyway.

>>professionals knows everyone's preferences and it is macOS preferences
No, but they're close enough and they never break.

only if you're an intelligence-signalling faggot

Attached: 1536544669664.jpg (1000x922, 60K)

If you say something incorrect it's only logical to point out that you're wrong. Also, "not an argument" fallacy. Linux can run .exe's and you would know that if you weren't this new. So what's the software so I can avoid it, or are you still backpedaling like a coward?

>they're close enough
for you
>they never break
you mean, they never experiment or invent?

You're shoulder-deep in sperg creek and seem to think you're saying something. Linux does not open .exes period. Even winehq lists vs2017 as "garbage support".
Now until you start pointing out exactly how I'm wrong, I stay correct. Also, you're not entitled to even know the company I work for with that attitude.
Dumb angsty amateur.

youtu.be/FEMS88kEx_8
this faggot made a close enough version of OSx
it could be even better though, it is possible to make bottom launcher look like exactly on macOS

If I wanted mac os, I'd buy mac os. Linux should develop its own unique looking DE.

are you same faggot I replied to?
then lmao, my dude
You said OSx is close enough to perfect desktop preferences for everyone, I'm just proving my point that you can make this look on linux too, which negates OP's 3 arguments:
>simple, clean, elegant
and that linux is slow is bait, so not even worth talking about this.

here's GNOME version: store.kde.org/p/1213208/
stay mad

>you can make
Stopped reading right there. MacOS comes like that out of the box, call me when linux does. That's the point I'm making.
>linux is slow
It is, nouveau drivers have trash performance in benchmarks, for instance.

>Linux does not open .exes period.
wrong

Wow you're really on a roll here user. Do you get paid to be wrong all the time or how are you this natural at it? Wine can open files with .exe extension and it's kinda the whole point of Wine.
>Even winehq lists vs2017 as "garbage support".
Try opening the native Linux client instead. Support comes from the creator, not some third party. Unless that third party has made a deal with the creator to be a licensed support. In any other cases it's equally dumb as sperging that your phone doesn't play DVDs.

Now what's the software so I can avoid it or are you going to be wrong a few more times first?

>stopped reading right there
oh, I get it... I'm glad we have things like apple, it creates a container for people like you.
>nouveau drivers
something linux isn't responsible for. Even nvidia's proprietary drivers are worse than open source AMD's drivers.

You really have no idea what you're talking about.

>be a licensed support
Like I said, the gnu and linux representatives should take responsibility and go beg for a deal. Of course they'll beg, they can't pay. Oops!
I guess some people like having an operating system that doesn't... operate.
>what's the software
I work for VMware Russia, currently doing optimisations with and for the intel compiler.

>implying there's no tax to your apple products to make up for support
keep being delusional.

I've no problems with that. I buy computer, I use computer.
>I download linux, I.......

>oh, ahahahaha, look at linux, you have to buy a support!
>oh, it's OK to pay for apple support.
what else did I expected. And, no, please, do not download linux, we have enough simpletons using it who can't even use web search properly.
Please, stick to your container OS.

>enough simpletons using it who can't even use web search properly.
Sounds like a Linux problem, osX runs flawlessly.
>he does system administration, for himself, for free
Yikes!

Would agree with you, but Metal API performance on 3D bullshit is fucking retarded

>literal heyguyize Apple XD troll threads
>shilling
>"hey guysirs check out the N*EW** Opoop Poco bono ruh oh Chinkzucc pRo Mi-meme mix honour Pro 3 XDXC new from XiangchXia^39 its only $200!!!! ITs has BreakLizard 150 CpU and 108p display 4.3GB RAM so good ! !"
>no shill alerts

Attached: you.jpg (680x649, 66K)

Ubuntu LTS or mint doesn't have this problem.
You're just proving my point, that you're too stupid to use computers and one day you'll be one of these old people who doesn't understand technology anymore and goes to store with some trivial issue.

>the gnu and linux representatives should take responsibility and go beg for a deal.
They should not. There's no need. Microsoft is the one that's waving the white flag here. They switched their Azure servers to Linux already and implemented WSL in Windows 10. A company that makes their own operating system started using a different operating system since they just couldn't compete with it.

GNU and Linux are also free as in free beer and free as in free speech. They shouldn't go and pay for features to please you. It's like you're saying that people should pay you so you'll recycle your trash. It's not their responsibility, it's yours. You can't avoid the blame. Of course if you're from Russia then you might not know what the word "recycling" means.

Any software company that doesn't start making a native Linux client in the next few years is just waiting for a crash. Macs will always stay marginal due to heavy vendor lock-ins and Windows is giving up.

>VMware Russia, currently doing optimisations with and for the intel compiler.
Because Intel fucked up and you're never getting the same performance back with Intel hardware anymore. You'll get half of it if you're lucky.

what I'm saying... you're probably now one of these people who goes with trivial issues to a store...

>that you're too stupid to use computers
I know how to use a computer better than you, meaning I don't spend time configuring it, I get straight to work.
>They shouldn't go and pay for features to please you
Too bad, because windows and mac OS do. I can live without linux forever.
>pay you to recycle
I get decreased garbage taxes, yes. Dumbass.
>You'll get half if you're lucky.
*yawn* I make money period. Who what where why is for management.

.41MiB
What are you, australian?

>are you same faggot I replied to?
No, he isn't.
That, KDE theme doesn't look bad, although not as similar to macOS interface as the title of the video claims to be.

>I can live without linux forever.
You probably can't even now and it's only going to get worse over time. Linux is everywhere and if you can't operate it you'll be obsolete. Since Intel has zero changes of getting their performance back that's going to be another reason for you to be obsolete. Everyone switching to AMD which Intel compiler actively discriminates against, so it won't be used. I hope you have a backup plan for that time so you won't end up homeless.
>agner.org/optimize/blog/read.php?i=49
>us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/16203380383

Thank you for caring about me but I can actually write code worth a living. I know him or her so chances are, I'll be part of the new 'AMD compiler' you'll hear about soon enough.

both linux and mac shills are straight retarded cannot you just understand that some people prefer one system over another?

Since we're all anonymous I can only know these things about you
>can't operate Linux
>won't learn how to due to personal bias
>doesn't know that Wine opens .exe files
>can't program anything outside of Visual Studio
So if you really are an amazing programmer then you have some weird gaps in your skills. Consider fixing them. It will make me trust that AMD compiler more. Good luck.

>>can't operate Linux
>>won't learn how to due to personal bias
>>doesn't know that Wine opens .exe files
>>can't program anything outside of Visual Studio
These are all your fantasies and delusions. I know and use the tools of the trade well [spoiler]from 9 to 5.[/spoiler]

Eat shit faggot.

#triggered

>#triggered
Oh, I'm definitely not triggered, I just found yourself to be a fag.

show me your github

>I'll be part of the new 'AMD compiler'
cd code
cd..
cd..
cd..
cd ..
ls
cd code
cd ..
cd

ironically the dark theme makes it look like a linux osx knock off

Simple, clean, elegant, fast.

Attached: GzBMMN4.png (416x435, 114K)

Nice screenshot you got there.

Attached: 12345678.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

Attached: $teve job$.png (380x509, 152K)