Who needs Winblows?

> In b4 Gnoo/Loonix has no GAYMUZU

Attached: gnome-desktop.jpg (1280x555, 242K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton

Okay but those games I posted are Linux games

Gnoo/Loonix has no GAYMUZU

those are the same 10 games you could play on mac/linux 5 years ago

Should I take the Gentoo pill?

once you get used to linux but if you're confident jump right into it

if a god tier game release exclusive only on linux
like gta san andreas or witcher 3

It's because I havent booted up Steam since 2012/13. I was playing mainly on PS3. I'm sure a current Steam user would a have a generous Linux game library that shits on windowsGamerFags(poo).

Exclusivity is not compatible with GNU standards. Exclusives would actually be banned by RMS himself.

How do I stop screen tearing in Linux games? Vsync game options don't seem to work. I tried unredirecting fullscreen hack in gnome shell no more tearing but video seems choppy. installed xfce...still same problem. I use strangle to cap fps @30. is it ubuntu or gdm3 or intel hd shitcard issue?

If I remember correctly there was an exceptionally competent studio that made Linux games but they faded into obscurity. Anyone know who I'm talking about

>games
>shit games

>assorted indie trash
>Gone Homo
>Life Is Tumblr
You sure showed those Winfags what for!

well the mainstream trash is goolagdows exclusive. so that's that on that.

At least show good games you massive faggot
>Life is Tumblr
>the pretentious writer faggot

play dota 2 frens

what's the blanked out one?

>wine doesn't work--

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-09-13 19-51-46.png (225x248, 32K)

>Loonix has no GAYMUZU
You're right. They don't. Try again.

Attached: gnome-desktop.jpg (1280x555, 182K)

see

I played Kairo, it costed me like 0.70€ during a steam sale. Holy shit, is it good, I've never seen a deeper story told without a single line of text, it's all subtext. Highly recommended.

Stellaris and Civilization are natively supported so I'm satisfied.

funny you should mention that

Attached: Screenshot at 2018-09-13 20-27-03.jpg (1680x1050, 186K)

Can I run CFD+Fluent, Cycle-Tempo and Matlab with wine?

Ah, posting all the good Touhou games. You are a man of refined tast-
>LoLK
nevermind

I wish I could live my life without windows but my thrustmaster wheel has no official or open source drivers for linux and I need muh racin'.

>Doesn't support Anti-Cheat such as Battleye and EAC
>Doesn't have complete DRM support
>Most games don't work, or if do, take a significant performance hit
Fuck no.

I've been thinking about switching to Linux and just dual booting when I need to, but I'm concerned about performance. Linux doesn't have any of the bloat Windows 10 does, fucking anti-malware shit eats 50% of my CPU in the middle of games and my fps just chugs. But all the Linux benchmarks I've seen are lower than Windows, but idk if it's GPU or CPU bottlenecks, bc I'm so heavily CPU bottlenecked. I'd be fine with a 10% GPU hit bc of linux, but not any CPU hits.

>Tempest 2000 clone
Good taste user.

Those benchmarks are generally in wine.
Wine is a program that basically reimplements windows in linux so to speak, so there's some overhead.
Native stuff in many cases run faster than windows.

Most bottlenecks on linux with games or crossplatform software come from windows devs doing the minimal amound of work to do a linux port. Proper native software runs about the same when there's no other CPU hogs around, which ends up being faster because on Linux you're usually not running that extra security crap.

It's complicated, it's not like Linux will make your CPU slower at all. If anything the scheduler is top notch. But if something has less attention (like a neglected linux port) or runs through a compatibility layer then it could easily be slower.

Basically:
>Games could be slower depending on driver and port quality
>Graphics-related stuff might be slower (drivers etc) but AMD might actually be faster desu
>Computation speed will be equal or faster
>IO-related workflows or ones which create a lot of processes (copying files, reading lots of small files, compiling) will be MUCH faster

Take into account if said benchmark was done on wine or native. Basically every modern valve game runs better on linux than it does on windows because they put equal effort in both. And by modern I mean not L4D2 since it's unmaintained and it was their test project

Most of the performance loss going from Windows -> Linux comes from D3D->OpenGL, or D3D->Vulkan.
This is improving but the only real solution is for developers to start supporting standards instead of using D3D.

Games and benchmarks that are optimized for the native APIs tend to perform about the same or better depending on your hardware.

Attached: win10_vs_ubuntu-unigine_superposition.png (600x499, 28K)