Am i being MitM'd?

Whenever i try to load a site that is not HTTPS i get either

"401 Unauthorized
Access to this resource is denied, your client has not supplied the correct authentication."

Or "No such file or directory".

But when i use HTTPS it works just fine. Is this just some fuckery with the internal settings of my router or am i being MitM'd?

Attached: 1536861792231.gif (501x585, 85K)

guys please help me i cant even look into my router settings because i think some fag is trying to mitm me

Unplug your router for an hour
Don't ever use wifi

I'll try that and i do use cable for my pc but how else am i supposed to get internet on my phone?

First of all, using ethernet is the best way to never getting hacked.

Wi-fi has tooo many vulnerabilities.
The ultimate redpill is just using your isp modem with ethernet connection

Second redpill is, if you have a router, flash it with openwrt or LibreCMC
And buy an opensource router. After flashing, disable wifi.

>but how else am i supposed to get internet on my phone?
Throw it in the trash, smartphones are botnet devices

I know you're right but the chance i do need my phone and i do need wifi. Its not an option for me right now to only use ethernet. I just need to know if the issue in having right now is some kind of issue with the router settings or if this could be an MitM because i dont even want to log into my router because if i am being mitm'd it may be what the attacker exactly wants. The reason why i think that is because whenever the 401 message comes up it automatically gives me the screen to log into my router

>the chance
dont know how this made it in there

Who the fuck are you living with?

>how else am i supposed to get internet on my phone?
Put a stronger wifi pass and use wpa 2.

If you can't connect to your router interface from ethernet, your router is compromised already.
Find a hard reset button and pray it works.

No one who would do this stuff. There is no one in my proximity either who i could imagine doing it. Which is why it dont know what the fuck is going on.

I can connect to my router interface, i just dont want to for the reasons stated. I find it weird that whenever i try to access a non HTTPS site it automatically gives me the router login screen, which is why i didnt log in.

In all honesty the chance of this being an actual attack is low, i just have never heard of something like this before so i want to know for sure before logging in and seeing if its just an issue with settings or a firmware update or whatever causing it.

Or just unplug that shit lmao

> Don't ever use WiFi.

Weak effort, NSA.

Nu/g/ is so retarded

How does that make any sense?
If anything a MitM would want you to use http

My rationale is that the reason i'm not able to connect to http websites is because its being intercepted, where as HTTPS cant. Look im not saying it makes sense necessarily or that im right, i just dont know what the fuck is going on

install gentoo

lmao

so does anyone have an answer?

maybe the web server is blocking non-encrypted traffic, you should be using https by default anyway

are you able to connect to a web werver successfully from another device in the same network?

Yes it sounds suspicious. It would be beneficial for you to try running your browser through a remote server using SOCKS over SSH, so you can guarantee your traffic is encrypted and not being tampered with.
What I would do establish an SSH tunnel to a remote server with dynamic port forwarding enabled, then point your browsers proxy settings to the port.
This way if everything starts working like normal, you'll be able to determine if you're being MITM'd, you'll have a clean/safe connection, and you'll be able to take further steps on discovering where the threat lies.

Attached: sox.jpg (915x629, 100K)

Use traceroute, and set up netcat listeners on port 80 at different points of the network and connect to them and see what happens. Basically calm down and diagnose the issue.
If you don't have the technical knowledge to do it, contact your ISP and use a VPN in the future or switch providers.

401 is just the Unauthorized status code for HTTP. It means you do not have authorization to access the site. A quick web search would be sufficient to figure this out.

>Buy a wireless router and disable wifi
Literally what