Mechanical Keyboard - mkt

Jow Forums I am a whore to aesthetics, which one of these do you recommend? Anyone own any of these? Honestly I really like the look of the 87keys one...

Attached: 12w31.jpg (1280x1101, 1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/kprepublic-139-Japanese-root-Japan-black-font-language-Cherry-profile-Dye-Sub-Keycap-PBT-for-gh60/32900219444.html
keyboardco.com/
amazon.com/Handbook-Human-Computer-Interaction-Second-Helander/dp/0444818766
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

White or black anne pro 2?

almost got the name of the general right, buy a better keeb noob lmao

My babies.

Attached: keyboards.jpg (4240x2400, 1.47M)

shit
good

If you have a RGB keyboard you don't belong on Jow Forums

What's the best way to silence cherry clear boards...lube?

How else am I supposed to get Amber back lighting to go with my 80s receiver?

Buy an actual quality switch instead of memes.

Wheres the gun?

give me an actual answer instead of a typical Jow Forums response

I love my realforce rgb with topre switches,
but hate my other mechanical keyboard with kailh box white switches

recommend a keyboard for me Jow Forums

Zealencios if you have money, o-rings if you're cheap and are okay with it feeling mushy.

>Spoonfeed me so I can recover from buying this mistake

No.

>tfw typing on Cherry® MX™ switches

Attached: power.jpg (445x550, 49K)

What do you love about the topre and what do you hate about the box kaihls?

tenkeyless is a meme

im the sharting butthole in the back btw

Playing with plastic toys?

i smirked a littel

I really like the tactile feedback of the topre

kailh white key clicks feel really light, and I hate the sound

Attached: hehe.png (220x245, 95K)

It wasn't a mistake, I've gone through plenty of boards and I love cherry clears. Started a new job a few months ago and I don't want to annoy people with my keyboard. I'm probably overthinking it because it's really not even loud.

Matias quiet click switches

Pretty small compared to logitech k120 but I like the noppoo choc mini

Attached: IMG_20180913_195754122.jpg (2067x813, 1.07M)

I don't usually come here so where's the general thread manual with buying advices? Is this all so subjective that you can't have one?

/pcbg/

the general is ded since everyone just asked for the same old chinkshit keyboards. try >>>/csg/ for recommendations

The trick is buying one in 2018 is a huge waste of money

Oh... I actually already have one, so I guess there's no reason for me to ever change it. It's not something that people here would recommend but I kind of like it. I was actually thinking about replacing the keycaps of it just for fun. Wooden keycaps would be hot aesthetic wise.

source on the keycaps?

aliexpress.com/item/kprepublic-139-Japanese-root-Japan-black-font-language-Cherry-profile-Dye-Sub-Keycap-PBT-for-gh60/32900219444.html

much appreciated, muchacho

>topre switches

Attached: Topre Feel.jpg (508x288, 34K)

>aesthetics whore
>using any of the ones pictured
Maybe you should mention that you have garbage taste, that would help us to give you a suggestion that satisfies you.

>not using toilet_plunger.jpg

>>not using toilet_plunger.jpg

Attached: Topre Sensation.jpg (760x506, 86K)

Attached: TOPRE KEYSWITCH DIAGRAM.jpg (600x600, 44K)

Find a better layout.
Oh wait you cant. NIGGER

Attached: 34_4b4e4eb638f2b87a8e76acd08c09141f_1450827566.jpg (800x468, 119K)

Row stagger is pretty shit imo. Columnar stagger is the way to go.

ez pz

Attached: RS model F.jpg (690x460, 60K)

Looks pretty practical but make it ISO format and we'll talk

I had the Pro M for a while, good board for the price.

ISO is the worst layout tho. It was so bad that ANSI ditched it for the IBM standard instead

is there a way to import Unicomp stuff without paying ridiculous fees (be them taxes or transport) when you're in yurop?

keyboardco.com/ has them, they're a UK site.

It's way more logical that all the edges are control buttons and not character buttons from one spot. Also large Enter key is easier to hit if it's larger vertically and not horizontally. That's in cases where you just want to hit enter once and don't keep your hands in typing position. With ISO you also get one extra button.

Attached: ISO_vs_ANSI.jpg (1280x720, 217K)

Do these actually feel better or are they a meme?

Attached: 5563669-l (1).jpg (780x500, 142K)

i ordered unicomp to europe more than 10yrs ago and it was p bad, never got the model I wanted and the integrated mouse my model had never worked

G4YM3R pleb bait/10.

>Also large Enter key is easier to hit if it's larger vertically and not horizontally
where's your proof?
Here's an excerpt from a study that shows ISO enter is the worst enter key of all

Attached: ISO sucks.png (629x809, 360K)

Not him, but do you have a link to the whole paper?

You have to pay for it and you only get a certain amount of free pages
amazon.com/Handbook-Human-Computer-Interaction-Second-Helander/dp/0444818766

Gaymer meme.

My proof is just using it personally. If I aim for the edge of the keyboard layout I can hit Enter even if I hit the lower part of it, the middle part of it or the top part of it. It's pretty impossible to miss. With ANSI I could hit a character button at the same time if I'm not careful. Also I use that extra key I'm getting from ISO. The left Shift key always has my left hand's pinky finger resting on it so there's no chance of me missing it even if it's smaller.

I do have long fingers though. It may be different for people who have difficulties reaching the edge of the keyboard. I wouldn't personally ever switch to ANSI.

Finally got one, with brown switches. Simplistic keyboard with media keys, and only a simple led back light which you can turn off.

Who here using MX browns?

Attached: main.jpg (4032x3024, 2.23M)

any 40% users that use vim regularly: how does a lack of default-layer numbers/symbols work out?

I see, you have autism and can't understand why the majority of the world uses ANSI, so you resort to these anecdotes as proof that your inadequate layout is ""good""

Majority of the world is also smaller than me. I can't just go by popularity. ISO is better in my case. I noticed how you skipped the part where I said I use the extra button I get from it, twice now. I find it logical that I can't hit characters when aiming for the edge of my keyboard. I also have zero problems hitting Enter with ISO, in fact I find it extremely easy. What now?

ideally i'd need azerty keycaps, and they don't have those

plus the keyboard itself is already about 30e more expensive than from the source without shipping (i could have a friend take care of it for me, but that's still an issue)

guess i'll just have to wait for someone to plan a trip that's ok with adding a dead horse to their bagages

ldlc a des ducky c'est le distributeur officiel (un peu reuch cela dit)

>all that gaymer rice shit
>simplistic

Where is "all" this gamer shit you speak of? All i see is a (texctured WASD (You get plain and textured keys for WASD) and a red red back-light you can turn off.

It's simplistic as fuck compared to virtually every 'gamer" keyboard,m and the build quality is far superior.

Attached: 124.jpg (1436x1674, 1.48M)

>tfw cherry switches are so responsive and light i keep making typos now

>What now?
I'll enjoy my superior layout since ANSI makes it more convenient to type specific characters like \ /, [ ] and { } in everyday use like excel, bioinformatics, coding, etc. when compared to ISO, not to mention the extra key is redundant in ANSI so there's no point in having it. I would've thought you'd have realized that the extra key servers no purpose like having Caps Lock or two windows keys so I never mentioned it. Also by your argument it should be easier to hit ANSI enter or left shift since you need to move your pinky finger a shorter distance when typing properly, which is why the acquisition rate for ISO enter was worse then ANSI in the study linked.

>simplistic

Just import an AZERTY unicomp, or buy a used one

I'll enjoy my simplistic, media control "gamer" keyboard, that is about the same quality if not better then ducky and all that other shit and has the exact same switches.

I'll also enjoy that free wrist rest, removable cable, and textured WASD that were free.

Attached: kingston_hyperx_alloy_elite_04_678x452.jpg (678x415, 33K)

is this bizzaro Jow Forums?
since when is that simplistic?

Attached: cagwqi.jpg (619x619, 60K)

How is it not simplistic? it's the exact same as the keyboards retards post in here, with different colored / pictured key-caps. The only thing is has different, is a wrist rest, and a back-light (one static color).

Straight up autistic niggers on Jow Forums. PS talking smack on my Cherry browns feels good as fuck.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 63K)

>U.S.P.S. Priority Mail® 6-10 Days $69.02
not happening

why are you using the most expensive shipping service?

j'ai vraiment commandé chez eux ya plus de 10 ans c'était des nains ça a ptet changé

>non simplistic typeface
probably not even double shot PBT like on Ducky and Leopold Keyboards
>non simplistic floating key design
>non simplistic media keys
the keyboard probably isn't even programmable
>non simplistic aesthetic
>has a back light
You just got a normal looking gaymer keyboard

because it's the only one available?

de ce que j'ai entendu ça dépends des moules (et un peu de ta chance), c'est aussi pour ça qu'idéalement y me faudrait quelqu'un aux usa pour pouvoir avoir un minimum de QC et le ramener discrètement

So that study could have said that the majority of the world enjoys eating shit and you would run to get some. I have already listed reasons why none of the supposed bad sides of ISO apply to me. Also my special character layout is different anyway and I have no problems typing \ /, [ ] and { } since I know where they are. My Caps Lock is already bound to something else and my keyboards don't have two Windows keys, not on my laptop or my desktop. The distance I have to move to reach ISO Enter is so small that I could just keep my index finger on J and still hit it. If I don't actively try to hold on to J it's even less of a chore. The ISO Enter might be the easiest key to hit while not looking and not having typing position, just reaching for the keyboard and trying to hit a specific key. Maybe Spacebar is equally easy.

>All these assumptions because it's a different brand to the ones you guys always shill

If you werren't such a retarded nigger, and explored, you'd find much better value for money out there. I wouldn't trade my Hyper X for any of the keyboards posted in here.

Attached: hyper-x-alloy-elite-leys-lightning.jpg (624x309, 40K)

Hey congrats man I heard the wrist rest on that is a pretty nice for stock.

here I made it easy for you

Attached: a.jpg (4032x3024, 2.6M)

>So that study could have said that the majority of the world enjoys eating shit and you would run to get some
What the fuck kind of logic is that? That study could've also said you're a certified moron and should be castrated for the sake of mankind. I'm just gonna stop reading right there since you're retarded. This is the last reply I'll give you.

I finished gaming a bit before, played a bit of 1.6, quake and then CSGO, i find it very good especially for the keyboard being cheap as fuck ($80).

Literally still simplistic, without the added features (you get for free in the box) it looks like this without the back-light turned on;

The only thing that stands out is the logo being on the keyboard compared to everyone else, but then again, i don't have a single problem with it.

Attached: D-Day-Soldier-with-Browning.jpg (1024x761, 408K)

okay then enjoy your RSI I guess. If you wanna talk about value then my K120 is a much better keyboard then your overpriced gaymer crap

>a button for stop / skip, and a scroll for volume isn't simplistic

you are the reason mechanical keyboards from ducky, and other manufactures suck massive cock and look gay as fuck with no real features people might need (media keys) and a windows lock button for when playing games.

>cheap as fuck
>$80
okay no youre just a troll

Attached: ccag.jpg (374x374, 39K)

Ducky has those features too tho, they're just better built and look better

$80 for all these features, and a removable cable, media controls and everything else needed for one, is an excellent price for the build quality and authentic cherry switches.

Gamer keyboards range from $160-$250 these days.

> they're just better built and look better

Opinions.

>all pics of ugly ass gamer boards you can buy at best buy with stock caps

Disgusting and gay. Let me show you a glimpse of the true mechanical keyboard life.

Attached: end_game_caps.jpg (750x500, 170K)

no its a fact that they're built better

Again, opinions. I've used both, i prefer the Hyper X because of the added features. Build wise, they feel about the same, and the switches feel the exact same.

Took me a while to settle on the hyper x, and i'm glad i did.

You're trying to argue that ANSI is better when all you can come up with is a study of manlets not being able to reach the Enter key. You then automatically assumed that ANSI must be a better layout for everyone, even for the person that gives a list of solid reasons why it isn't. If the study would have said something different you would have eaten it up equally easily. The fact that I had to explain this to you shows that you are in no position to judge other people's genetics. You are the one that should avoid breeding. I already have a girlfriend that wants kids some day so I'll be carrying my genes forward and there's nothing you can do about it. Feels good getting the last word every time some idiot tries to one-up me. One of the reasons I come here.

nope you're wrong. I know you're trolling since you said
>Gamer keyboards range from $160-$250 these days.
it's closer to 30-40 bucks now
Enjoy your RSI and overpriced laggy keyboard. My keyboard only lags 0.2ms and costs 20 bucks

>it's closer to 30-40 bucks now

You're a retard, even the RGB version of the Hyper x i bought is about $190. They always release non RGB versions, with the same exact specs for cheap as fuck, $80 in my case.

>Enjoy your RSI and overpriced laggy keyboard. My keyboard only lags 0.2ms and costs 20 bucks

Autism because you got proven wrong, oh dear.

wrong again troll. most gaming keyboards are 30-40 bucks and come with more features then that xXXhyperXXx keyboard. When youre wrists fall off due to RSI you can remember this post, then I'll have the last laugh

>backlight
>wasd shit
>shit at the top
>that wristrest
>that lightbar at the top
This is what a proper keyboard looks like.

Attached: IMG_0892.jpg (3217x1569, 1.67M)

New beamspring switches which feel the same as the old IBM ones when?

Attached: 3278.jpg (4032x3024, 720K)

Wrong, but whatever helps you sleep at night, bucko. Don't pull a muscle typing on that keyboard of yours.

Mine only requires 45g of force.

Looks horrible, living in the olden days because you are afraid of change. No thanks, I'd rather enjoy my simplistic gamer keyboard with useful features. Enjoy your keyboard from the early 90's i guess, not all of us can be as intelligent and move onto new things that are better and superior when it becomes available.

>Back
>Space
dang it was almost perfect

It spaces backwards, what do you want?

>ignores the wrist rest and that hard bottoming out of the MX design.
my keyboard only requires 25g to actuate and since I type correctly my wrists will last much longer then yours. don't put to much weight on those capillary tunnels

The correct spelling of Backspace. It's one word not two

>Having such flimsy wrist, they get destroyed from a simplistic wrist rest.

I'm not that pathetic, and actually go to the gym and lift weights. Maybe get some fresh air, and have a breather. I know you physically and mentally cannot fathom that my keyboard is amazing.

But don't let it get to your head.

Attached: s43-l300.jpg (188x300, 12K)

The correct spelling is delete.