The absolute state of entry level jobs

>the absolute state of entry level jobs

Attached: entrylevel.png (711x317, 18K)

This is first year CS material.

ive been there, i wish you the best

Like expert expert level, or just stackoverflow code monkey type? Plus, why the fuck is an IDE a qualification?

so many databases

Is this a consulting job or something?

>Struts
>Spring
I’d pass

>Eclipse
>NetBeans
does anyone actually use these steaming piles of shit?

not even, this is like community college prep stuff

This is what happens when you let HR write these things.
>Programming Languages: Java, J2EE, Gosu, SQL, JQuery, Javascript
>J2EE
Not a programming language
>Gosu
No one uses that
>JQuery
Not a programming language

>XML Technologies: SAX, DOM, DTD, XSD, XML
Sure, drop some more meaningless TLAs in there

>Versioning Software: IBM Clearcase, Visual SourceSafe, CSV, SVN, , CA Harvest
All these shit tier versioning tools, but no git or mercurial?

>IDEs: IRAD, IntelliJ, Eclipse, Netbeans
Why would you need to use more than one?

They already have the guy they want to hire, they are just have to fulfill some internal requirement or rule that they search outside the company so they ask their guy every specific language/tool, whatever to make sure no one on the entire earth will fulfill those requirements except their guy.

just apply anyway like everyone else does
doubt they actually give a fuck that you know EVERYTHING on there

then they have their asses covered legally so they can proceed with hiring H1B visa Indians.

>go to university
>have decent gpa
>sophomore year go to career center, sign up for Co-Op
>alternate semester between working at a real company and taking classes
>have at least of year of real world experience *before* you graduate.
>if the economy is halfway decent you have companies throwing signing bonuses at you trying to get you
Am I the only one who knows about cooperative education? You don't have to go to a university to get a good job. But if you do and you aren't a complete dumbass then it is pretty easy to get a job.

The guy they want to hire is an H1B so they legally need to advertise for the position, Pajeet will just list that he has all those qualifications and no one will care that he's lying.

The secret to entry level jobs is to almost completely ignore the requirements. Apply anyway. The worst they can do is ignore you.

If you don't mind living in a city sure. If you live in a rural area you are lucky if you have two options nearby, and its probably some satellite office of a dinosaur corporation with the most backward ass technology.

This. I spent too much time thinking "how can it be that I'm never qualified enough for any job". Truth is, nobody is and everybody pretends they know every requisite, even though they know maybe 20-30%. Just apply, show up, pretend you know everything, best case scenario they'll test you on basic shit, worst case they'll ask you stuff you don't know and you don't get the job. If you don't apply, you don't get the job by default.
I'm yet to have my first job though.

Why the fuck would you need to know that many things when most of them contain the exact same functionality/capabilities?

Because HR is retarded and posts requisites instead of a description of the job, which would be a Java dev who knows his way around databases, apis and some webdev

fellow co-op reporting in
the department I'm working in originally wasn't even hiring, but when I was interviewing for the position, the interviewer was like "shit lemme go get the R&D manager" and they just made a new R&D position for me. I'm writing software that's actually being deployed in our products, and I have a grip on the embedded OS we use that like 5 people in the whole company are familiar with.

blaming others for your shortcomings is not going to help you get that job

Half the stuff on that list are frameworks/libraries not even pure languages or deep thought concepts. Also pretty poo level technologies, 2009-2011 called they want their frameworks back.