I know this is going to seem like a shill thread, but hear me out. Lately...

I know this is going to seem like a shill thread, but hear me out. Lately, I have been seriously considering switching over to iPhone. I'm 26 and I've never owned an iPhone before and truthfully I'm getting sick of Google's shit. Is this a bad idea? I'm not planning to get a new phone anytime soon, but eventually when mine shits the bed or I get sick of it for whatever reason. I'm not talking about a new iPhone either, more like whatever falls into my lap for around $300-400 bucks. If I do, what should I know? Generally speaking, do iPhones have good shelf life? Is getting an older version a good idea?

Attached: iphone-on-fire.jpg (780x483, 32K)

Stick with what you know, but get a custom rom

Buy a second hand 6s/7.
Pay the $30 for battery replacement if it’s dying.
Realise there’s not much difference nowadays.

Just get something you can slip an ungoogled ROM into if you want to get around their shit.

No, it's a shit tier idea.
But do as you wish man.

Their old phones don't work that well for """some""" reason

Attached: Screenshot_SmartSelect_2018-09-13-21-30-35.png (1064x1157, 194K)

I have no idea what that means. I do have Verizon does that make any difference
I've seen some 6s for around the price range I'd pay
Why's that?

>Generally speaking, do iPhones have good shelf life?
iPhones have the longest software support. And the speed doesn't diminish as greatly as people exaggerate. I personally know several people who still use a 5s from nearly 5 years ago.

>more like whatever falls into my lap for around $300-400 bucks
You can easily find an iPhone 6s for below $300. I just purchased a 64GB one last week for $250.

Android fucking sucks. I don't understand the anti-Apple shills.

A marginally slower iPhone is significantly better than unstable piece of shit Android phones that turn off on their own.

>old dead 'investigation'
>iPhone 5S still getting iOS 12

You already got BTFO in another thread for this favellachimp. What now?

Attached: 1524022163352.jpg (470x470, 31K)

Apple pushes updates on older iPhones that can't handle them, so they run slower and slower after every update, forcing you to get a new model.
If you're sick of Google's shenanigans, you'll get sick of Apple ones even faster. Remember you can't even drag and drop files to it like it was a flash drive, you have to go through their software

Walled garden
Dongles
Overpriced
No mass storage mode
Just buy any android in the 300-500 range

How can he get sick of Apple's shit faster when Android phones barely last a single generation without significant slowdowns and battery issues.

Whatever atrocities Google has done, I'm sure Apple is just as bad.

>dead investigation

You brought this upon yourself shillfag, keep bragging about updates and I'll keep exposing you

Attached: Screenshot_SmartSelect_2018-09-14-11-20-59.png (1074x1011, 178K)

I probably should have been more specific. What I meant by sick of google's sick is just how they operate as a company as a entity. And plus the politicization they have been pushing lately really turns me off. Not that Apple is the polar of business ethics but it seems to operate more as a money making machine that emphasizes marketing, whereas Google wants to put their hand on everything that involves the Internet. Like how they purposely remove certain websites from search results. I don't like that kind of stuff.

>Walled garden
Who cares if the garden does everything you need?

>Dongles
Isn't Samsung the only major player left with a headphone jack?

>Overpriced
Can't disagree with this.

>No mass storage mode
... is this actually a problem for people?

>Just buy any android in the 300-500 range
Or buy an iPhone in that same price range and have a significantly better and FASTER experience.

All that said I'm actually happy with my phone from a performance standpoint(Motorola Z Play). I just don't like Google as a company

So your complaint has no relevance to their phones.
Because Google treats their phones like shit.

Then go ahead. I don't give a fuck what you buy.

>>No mass storage mode
>... is this actually a problem for people?

Yeah for people who aren't brain dead Apple sheeps

>... is this actually a problem for people?
Does it even have ftp server apps?
Does it even have a file browser?
It is a problem for me, yes.

I never really said it did though?
That's not me

Because that's not true :)

Name one phone where that happened

bump

>Remember you can't even drag and drop files to it like it was a flash drive, you have to go through their software
But android also can't really do that anymore. It's some weird clusterfuck that only works with specific file managers, and badly at that, so you might as well go all the way.

I'm in the same boat as OP, but I too wonder if it's a good idea and if I should rather go sailfish, but since I'm coming from BBOS, to witch I only switched because Megoo was dead, I'm really reluctant to saddle another dead horse. I hate this stupid semi monopoly where you have only one large OS manufacturer and one niche manufacturer on the verge of dying and a few pajeets.
EU, pls rescue me!!!!

what she said.

I did it and switched straight back over

Why?