Want to major in computer science

>want to major in computer science
>stupid ass uni requires Calc 2 before I can get into the major
>I already failed it once and I withdrew in the spring since I was gonna fail anyway

How do I bring this back? Why the hell do I need to know about integrals and the area under the graph when I want to be able to program and do machine learning and ai

Attached: 1533403322398.jpg (960x720, 68K)

What do you mean bring it back? You have to pass the class or transfer to another school that doesn't require it. There's no way around it

How the fuck do you think you're going to be good at computer science if you can't even pass first year math, jesus you're a dumb cunt

>CS student
>Too stupid to learn actual (basic) math and doesn't care about the skills he will develop doing that
I will never understand this meme. Anyway, don't be a walking meme and branch out to other fields. There's a lot of physicists and mathematicians looking for people good at coding to do actual pretty good stuff.

Like what?

Calc 2 was probably the most entertaining math class i've taken. You're not even dealing with vectors yet.

See, the reason calculus is in the program is not because integrals are important or anything, but because it weeds out the retards (i.e. (You)) so that the rest of us don't have to deal with the inevitable endless stream of problems, extra work, and general bullshit you will undoubtedly produce should you ever get into our professional field.

Coincidentally, this is also why I would like to see a mandatory Drama class or something included. To weed out the spastic autists (who can't act like a normal human being to save their lives) and the Pajeets (who can't speak English). For the same reasons: we're better off without them.

Some schools require a speech class but that's not the same as a Drama class. I think that's a bit overkill personally but I do know what you're talking about

you need calculus, linear algebra, and stats in order to work in machine learning as well as AI

being black must suck

Navier-Stokes equations.
Quantum mechanics.
Mathematical optimization.
Cellular Automata.
Thermodynamics.
Information theory.
Bioinformatics.
Machine learning actually has applications to science and math, you should look for them too.

Wait for some reddit fag to lecture you about how hard his math degree makes his cock. Math is pretty much a boomer meme at this point.

Absolutely based

How is that even bases??? More like cringe math cuck coping about his own inadequacies.

>integrals are important or anything
yesterday i had to analyze an algorithm with a number of operations proportional to n(1+1/√2+1/√3+...+1/√n). i don't know how to do this without integrals, but with integrals its a 2-3m process... they have their uses.

thats pretty based tbqh senpai. nobody wants complete autists or complete brainlets, we want smart humans.

What is the most based major then?

you mean like, what major attracts the most based people naturally?
not sure... it differs. here (Technion) cs and mechanical/aeronautic engineering it seems.

CS has so many spergs though, at least right now. These people probably get weeded out huh?

and ee are extremely autistic

theres 2 management styles.
1 - take advantage of someones strengths, and ignore their weaknesses
2 - eliminate someones weaknesses, or weed them out

one of those is a good way to manage that leads to actual sucessful companies with productive happy employees and happy customers. the other is the kind of company you would run

most of them. not all though

>Why the hell do I need to know about integrals
programing is applied algebra
>How do I bring this back?
you can probably re-take

Not him but definitely, especially during/after data structures unless they have a piss easy professor/school. I'm not even three weeks into my class and already people are dropping like flies, and most of the cringelords are gone

materials science is the most based, followed by bioengr, followed by EE. EE is the most versatile, bioengr is the biggest money maker, materials is for galaxy brains nonspergs who can teach and talk at a conference dozens of times a year.

sounds like you speak of PHD level... im talking undergrads. materials are autistic, bioeng are obsolete against our ee (our ee is very good), and our ee are extremely autistic. theres this guy who walks only in long robes and barefoot... this is israel, summers can reach 40C. barefoot on CONCRETE. we have more of those "that guy" types around ee, that make r9k sound like chadville.

robes like the fucking grim reaper lmao

Maybe it's the second coming of our Sperglord Jesus Christ

Yes user because people choose to be a spastic or to be bad at math. Good thing we have such kindred spirits like you.

You can get better at math you fag, stop making excuses

You can't handle (proper) CS if you can't handle calculus... Try SE? Does your school have it?

I agree you can become better at math I am practicing a lot to improve. Buy saying everybody chooses not to good at something is the old nature vs nurture discussion. Which has come to the conclusion it is a bit of both.

Well if they're fully grown adults, which everyone in college is, and they refuse to practice and get better at it, than in that sense yes it is a choice

People who do not practice or seek out help deserve what they get. But some people still fail dispite copicious amounts of practice so don't be to quick to judge.

People that study/practice every single day still fail the class? I have never seen that ever. I've seen people bust their ass for a C, myself included, but flat out fail no

You're not stupid, you are lazy. There is a clear difference, I had to take calc 3 times before I got an A in it. I learned that I had to do the homework. Also see the teacher during office hours, it helps.