Apple Is Deleting Movies Customers Purchased on iTunes, Denying Refunds

>Apple Is Deleting Movies Customers Purchased on iTunes, Denying Refunds

Appcucks will defend this

Attached: isheep.jpg (1280x720, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2018/09/13/apple-is-deleting-bought-films-from-itunes-accounts-and-dont-expect-a-refund/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cloud media was a mistake. I still use Spotify though

Stop contributing to the degenerate movie/record industry.

Attached: varg.jpg (208x206, 9K)

spotify removes and adds songs all the time, but at least you're not paying for a specific one

But that makes it easier to pick movies.

Nice source, faggot

link.

It happened to like one thing because the license for that movie was removed for some reason.

Idk why people are so mad, there are few movies that are worth watching more than a couple of times at most.

this desu. if anything Apple is doing people a favor

Heh. Good thing I only buy movies on LaserDisc.

Here you retarded nigger

forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2018/09/13/apple-is-deleting-bought-films-from-itunes-accounts-and-dont-expect-a-refund/

its digital so idk wtf people expect. can't wait till it happens on steam. my sides will literally be destroyed.

Already happened. The original Prey was removed but you can still install it if you purchased it and had it registered in Steam. No new purchases can be made though as the game doesn't even load a store page.

>forbes
Confirmed fake news.

I don't even use iTunes and I'm on Apple's side here. The iTunes agreement even tells you, iTunes is a storefront. If a content provider no longer wants their media to be available on iTunes, Apple has to remove it. They're not issuing refunds because it's not Apple that charged you for the product, it's the content provider. Apple makes a percentage for handling the distribution, but they didn't make the content. If you want a refund, you contact the content provider.

This is why I don't deal with digital media. If I can't buy a physical copy, I don't need it.

and they all laughed at me when i still bought physical media
it gets tiresome having to rip them on purchase but better than losing access to it later on

>buy something
>get it stolen from you because the publisher doesn’t want you to have it anymore
>still depends Apple
I’m sure this shot wouldn’t run in the EU. But i guess it’s just another normal day in corporate loving costumer hating America

This happened to ebooks years ago and nobody gave a shit. 1984 (of all books) was disappeared off people's Kindles because of a licensing dispute.

You autists need to understand that it doesn't matter what specific media you consume just so long as you've something to lull you into a contented state of idle passivity.

>buy license
>you have it
>??????
>suddenly you don't have it anymore

Attached: 130221984383.jpg (600x578, 45K)

>Stolen
Wrong. You never owned it, thus it cannot be stolen because it wasn't yours to begin with. You paid to *access* the data, not to own it. All Apple did was follow the contract with the content provider that no longer wanted their data on Apple's servers. And it would (and will) work the same way in the EU, because of the iTunes agreement on the user end acknowledging that they don't personally own the data at all.

If you don't like it, then don't use iTunes. It's that simple. I refuse to use any service where I'm paying for permission to access data without gaining any sort of ownership of the data.

>seething itoddler is still defending this
LMAO

That makes no sense. iTunes is explicit in being a storefront. You access a 'store' and you 'buy' your album. Those words make it clear that you are buying a digital good. You are not borrowing it. Again, let them try that shit in the EU. Just because your'e a corporate lapdog who defends his masters at all time doesn't mean that shit is allowed in the rest of the world.

>iT's In ThE tOs!1
Not this retarded bootlicking meme again!

Attached: notto_diso_shitto_agen.jpg (727x516, 129K)

?????? = ‘licence revoked’

>muh EUssr
Fuck off, commie!

I'm glad I never fell for the digital store meme.
All the music I consume I bought on CD, all the movies I have I bought on DVD/BD. If I rent anything I go to a physical store.

>Again, let them try that shit in the EU.
Like memes, you mean?

They’re called image macros, redditor.

>Already happened. The original Prey was removed but you can still install it if you purchased it
There's dozens of titles that that's happened with already. It's not the same thing as the OP descrobes tho

Why anyone would buy anything on the iTunes storefront is beyond me, and this is coming from someone who has bought several things on there. Redeeming a digital code is one thing, buying anything is retarded.

>State multiple times that if it's not physical media it can fuck off
>iToddler
I don't own a single Apple product, nor do I have a subscription or account with any Apple service. You're just mad as fuck that Apple keeps succeeding while the only thing you've ever made is a poopy in your diaper.

>freetard can't into agreements that aren't GPLv3
Get fucked stallmanite.

>not torrenting all that shit from the get-go already
Only way you "own" a digital good is if it is on your hard drive, readily available without any DRM attached. Would be interesting to see how the courts would treat this, saying you "buy" something usually means a permanent purchase, especially if it is common in the type of the good you buy to rent it short-term.

The GPL is ethical. This isn't. It's irrelevant whether it was "agreed" (it obviously wasn't by the backlash) or not.

Who cares.

Attached: fruit worshipers.jpg (1440x802, 98K)

What a load of bullshit. Steam let's you keep games that you've already bought forever. You can even activate keys from games they no longer sell. Fuck apple and fuck corporate cock suckers like you.

>current year
>not using rtorrent, sonarr+radarr, plex, and nzb360

>youtube doing everything it can to turn people away
>eu opens up a potentially massve legal mess that makes current social media use impossible or criminal
>apple does this
Are we on the cusp of a new tech revolution?

Back in 2012, Apple and Amazon did this with books and there was a massive user backlash. Today, nobody seems to give a shit outside of the digirati.

Attached: 1408935149551.png (391x400, 70K)

So it's exactly like Amazon music? Fuck you I want my black sunday cypress hill

You don't own shit. You pay for the privilege of renting shit. Shut the fuck up slaves.

People have become far more apathetic to companies fucking them over.
This has largely come from successful campaigns by said companies to convince people that they have no rights.

There needs to be a GoG for movies, prove me wrong

No, steam is still a "loan" system. They can revoke access to your games anytime they want.

>copy the video to a safe place
>it's not deleted

Defeats the purpose of muh cloud

make your own server you can access like a (((cloud)))

>"subject to change at any time without warning"
this alone makes them pointless, agreeing to this means agreeing to literally anything

It's called "physical media"

How long till they start selling boxes for movies that just have digital access codes like they do with pc games

>like they do with pc games
really? they sell game boxes off the shelf that contain no game?

shh, dont give them ideas

it's been like that for years, 90% of pc games boxes are just a cd with a steam installer and a sheet with the code

wow, do they at least put a steam backup of the game on the disc?
why would someone buy a physical copy of a game, if it doesn't even contain the game?
that'd be like buying a box of a movie and it only contained a cinema ticket inside

It's okay. I was using iTunes wrong. It's my fault.
>ERROR. UNAUTHORIZED USER DETECTED. IPHONE WILL SELF DESTRUCT IN 5. 4. 3. 2. 1.
Oww... I don't know what I did wrong... But this isn't Apple's fault. This is an intended feature...

>ERROR. YOU HAVE USED AN APPLE DEVICE INCORRECTLY FOR THE THIRD TIME. PLEASE REPORT TO AN APPLE STORE ASAP FOR EXECUTION.
Alright... Just let me grab my checkbook so I can pay for the execution

>wow, do they at least put a steam backup of the game on the disc?
no
>why would someone buy a physical copy of a game, if it doesn't even contain the game?
unless it's one of those special edition things with extra goodies there's no point in buying phisical games anymore because most of the time you're still forced through steam, origin or both

iTODDLERS BTFO AGAIN

>>you have it
I don't think you get what selling a licence is all about user...