Alright Jow Forums, which VPN is the best (in regards to security/privacy)? I'm fine with paying for one

Alright Jow Forums, which VPN is the best (in regards to security/privacy)? I'm fine with paying for one.

Attached: wew.png (512x512, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Di7qAVidy1Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nice try FBI

Any VPN listed on privacytools.io is good to use.

Same fucking thread...
Every fucking day.

Proxy.sh

Mullvad

Roll your own

OpenVPN

My VPN.

mullvad. maybe ivpn if you need a mobile app.

Shadowsocks

VPS/OpenVPN

either installing your own or any service thats testified to a court they they do not log

NordVPN

NordVPN, AirVPN, Mullvad, ivpn.
avoid 14 eyes.

/thread

Stop recommending rolling your own, cheapskates.

lol no. Makes you stand out, and any cloud provider logs inbound and outbound traffic. So does your ISP.

>any cloud provider logs inbound and outbound traffic. So does your ISP.
Are you trying to imply VPN services don't?

>makes you stand out
Yes but no more than using other VPN providers.

but Jow Forums told me privacy badger is shit

do you anons usually uses VPN¿? I mean, connecting to internet from your home's computer (not from public wifi's) through a VPN?

>oy vey don't tell them how to not pay me

Rolling your own VPN has quite a few downsides, actually.

Depends on the VPN you use. If you use a good service like Mullvad, PIA, or Azire, then they don't.

Never assume a VPN provider doesn't log

OpenVPN. It's free.

Your theory has some parallels with religion. Never assume there isn't an omnipotent, all-knowing creator until you find evidence otherwise.

don't religion shitpost me.
It is about trusting facless providers around the world, because they say so.
Yes they would lose customers if we know they log even if they say they don't.
But do you know what runs behind the curtains?
I tell you: no.

get thee behind me, satan

Didn't know you were such a fedora tipper, Satan.

I wonder how they pay for the servers

Why would they log? It poses a risk to their business. It doesn't benefit them in any way.

Not logging poses more benefit to their business.
Logging actually has no risk.

I can't explain you the world lad.
Sometimes business are forced to do shit they don't want to.
It is just a rule of thumb.

>Not logging poses more risk to their business.
fixed

Only burgers and specific EU countries can force things like that. Mullvad is based in Sweden, for example, and Sweden doesn't have gag-orders or anything (hence why they don't have a warrant canary)

i'm using windscribe because the 3 year membership deal was cheap as fuck

The reason why I'm currently on NordVPN
3 years for 100 €

running your own vpn server. everything else is just a kike trick

>3 years for 100 €
Jesus fucking Christ, that's fucking expensive.

33 € per year is expensive?

You can get a KVM VPS for $20/y.

I still don't see how it is "fucking expensive" since I have a good VPN provider with a lot of servers though, just because small time VPN providers exist for less.
And it is already too late to switch though.

>executes Spectre attack to watch your traffic

It's redundant now that UBlock Origin and UBlock Origin Extra exist. It's made by the EFF.

What did he mean by this?

>UBlock Origin Extra
there is something new? didn't know that.
using Privacy badger and Ublock Origin since a while now.

Virtualised VPSes are not secure. There are new variants of Spectre being discovered daily that allow other people the same virtualised hosts to dump memory.

Great point.

So half says VPS-VPN is better the other half says pay a VPN?

Thoughts?

Attached: og-logo.png (1200x630, 50K)

good

>poses a risk
Yes but it gets them more money
Its all about risk/reward. And for them the reward outweighs the risk

Great.

Only useful for Chromium based browsers though.

Yeah I saw that while looking at the github.
Sitting on Firefox so there is no need it seems.

how does logging get them more money? If you're going to make claims like this, at least explain yourself.

Tor
>Inb4 NSA/CIA/FBI niggers
Watch this talk. It's a lot more safe than Jow Forums collectively believes.
>youtu.be/Di7qAVidy1Y

>tor
But I don't want to end on a watchlist

>It's a lot more safe than Jow Forums collectively believes.
Most of Jow Forums doesn't know what they're talking about and will hate on things because tribalism. However, I have a good enough understanding of Tor to tell you that it is not safe.
Why? Tor is vulnerable to a multitude of attacks. The one being Sybil attacks. Any person with enough money can flood the Tor network with compromised nodes. The other one is traffic analysis, which is trivial when the government is watching all traffic in and out of the country.
There's also other 'ecosystem' problems. Tor should have been built to be application-specific, rather than as a multitool capable of tunneling any kind of traffic. Using a web browser to communicate information is truly shit. It should have been built as a basic IRC-like communications network - that would be purest and safest way of sharing information, and the network would be a lot faster, and more reliable because it wouldn't be routing CSS files and other crap around.

To extend on this, the I2P protocol fixes some of the problems with the Tor protocol, but still suffers from the 'ecosystem' problems.
Anonymity requires compromises. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You have to sacrifice ease-of-use for safety, anonymity, speed. This shouldn't be a problem, because the people who really need to use an anonymity network would be willing to make that compromise.

And to further extend on it. C was a very poor language choice when safety is so critical. There's CVEs popping up all the time. I know people tend to view functional languages as ridiculous or useless, but it would be a perfect application. You can guarantee that your program executes the way you want it too. You can guarantee there will be no buffer overflows or use-after-frees.

14 eyes

If you make your own VPN then your IP isn't hidden within a pool filled with other IPs

A memory safe language would be a nice first step to transition to a safer language, and it woudln't be such a large leap for people used to writing C.

>Flooding Tor network
Addressed in video
>Network analysis
True. But it's even easier without Tor or a regular VPN. Your point? That's like saying we shouldn't use https at all because it has problems. Note that never said that Tor is perfect but it sure as hell is better than a VPN.

shit, its been shilled here for almost a year now