Linux is more stable than Windows because it can do maybe 10% of things Windows can

>Linux is more stable than Windows because it can do maybe 10% of things Windows can.

try to change my mind

Attached: 1535422855664.jpg (1280x960, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zBXcdqs8C3w
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What exactly is it that Windows can but Linux can't?

not look like shit
videogames

use proprietary software that costs more your rent
or alternatively run pirated version of such software
but is necessary because who the heck needs freedom

it doesn't matter in the long run.
Windows and Linux are on a path to convergence, one way or another.

Attached: DnDOeZmXsAAKMh4.jpg:large.jpg (1680x1050, 249K)

woah
how will Linux ever recover?

Attached: lesmuganimefaceatincredblyhihgrez.jpg (2296x2464, 285K)

Check and check. Any more arguments?

I don't think you understand, Linux is a kernel.

who are you quoting?

function

suck of penis

Attached: 1504763165108.jpg (1242x1275, 250K)

Linux is more stable because it's used by tech savvy people, while Windows is used by babbies who cry "windows is broken" whether they get a bsod or their gmail doesn't load

imagine actually thinking like this

fuck no because we have this thread every single day! honestly I think you're a linux user in disguise

>videogames
There is this game called Shadow of the Tomb Raider, that released yesterday, has denuvo AND runs in proton.

Linux + GNU then

>try to change my mind
No I won't. Please rot.

Wtf does stable even mean in this context? I use Windows 10 and it has never behaved in a way I'd describe as 'unstable'

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

depends on how you use it.

I have shitloads of sw on my PC and sometimes they collide and I have to dig inside advanced settings and whatnot to make them work both at once

b b but there are games that run on emulators too!

>not look like shit
subjective
>videogames
last time I checked valve was busy developing proton because gayben wants to kill microsoft

>>not look like shit
>subjective
you literally can make it look however you want through ricing

Photoshop
Meaningful 3D productivity software

>Meaningful 3D productivity software
Like Blender?

Toy software running on toy machines.
The computers running Linux costs more than all existing proprietary software combined.

If I leave Windows on at work (8 hours -> 16 hour sleep w/ lid closed) for >3 days and I open >2 file explorer instances the whole GUI freezes and the bottombar and system menus go away. I have to alt+tab and save w/e I'm doing and hard shutdown. Thinkpad T450 16gb mem, xubuntu runs great.

I've seen funky windows behavior from all our laptops (Latitudes, probooks, thinkpad T4s), the speed it takes to break depends on how hard you use your computer. I'm certain I'm not the only person experiencing this.

What version of the chase is this? Russian?

Croatian

Can Linux not do those, or do the creators just not make them for Linux?

So being able to appeal to you and play your toys makes Windows less stable?

Linux also has better devs. Windows is written by a bunch of pajeets.

Proton is not an emulator.

yes

Actually I have to restart my Android/Linux phone more often than Windows.

When was the last time you installed updates on Linux and it felt like Russian roulette? When was the last time you installed updates on Linux and the audio stopped working or the SSD was fucked. When was the last time you were stuck with buggy apps with no alternative?

literally the only profession which benefits from using linux are programmers

you can't do anything else with the sw which is supported

>no AutoCAD or almost any mainstream CAD
>no Adobe
>no Microsoft Office for office workers (except for meme alternatives)
>vast majority of other important software supports only Windows (first thing that comes to my mind is education sw (dictionaries, interactive books, databases, optical scanning sw)
>oh a lot of HW doesn't work either

>>no AutoCAD or almost any mainstream CAD
That isn't necessary for CAD work. GNU/Linux is more than capable for CAD work.
>>no Adobe
Adobe is a gyp.
>>no Microsoft Office for office workers (except for meme alternatives)
Microsoft is also a gyp.
>>vast majority of other important software supports only Windows (first thing that comes to my mind is education sw (dictionaries, interactive books, databases, optical scanning sw)
There are no dictionaries on any GNU/Linux distro?
>>oh a lot of HW doesn't work either
Such as?

>it doesn't matter in the long run.
>Windows and Linux are on a path to convergence, one way or another.
Sure thing, a compatibility layer on one of the worst offender to privacy even Orwell couldn't have dreamt of. Just what everyone involved always intended.

Offenders*

This is literally bullshit, no professional working with CAD is going to use meme SW, stop being so delusional. Same with office.

>no professional working with CAD is going to use meme (I think he means free) SW
Why is that?

because it has half the capabilities the paid sw has

Such as?

this must be bait

Oh, I see you can't substantiate your claim.

Linux is just a kernel.

when you have to spend hundreds of hours doing something like this you want the best SW there is

(not to mention that there is no Linux sw which can do this)

Attached: BIM.jpg (2000x1163, 436K)

Have easy to use softwares with sanely designed ui.
>but muh cli

You saying "SW" so much might as well serve the same purpose as a trip

I could do that easily with free software. Stop being a baby duck.

>Windows
>sanely designed UI
Lmao windows 10 is an abomination created out of 4 conflicting design concepts.

>4 conflicting design concepts
which are ?

Read my post again

Office is the main reason why. Unlike LibreOffice, Office just werks.
LibreOffice's UI isn't as newbie friendly as Office's, but there's also the fact that compatibility just isn't the greatest, between Office and LibreOffice but also between different versions of itself.
It's also unstable.
>Large documents take forever to save
>Elements like formulas or pictures can randomly vanish for no reason (Writer, Impress)
There's also just general quality of life stuff. LibreOffice is fine for HS work but Office is more or less a standard in private industry.

>but latex
Latex is a meme

Attached: happy man.png (371x332, 4K)

Attached: menus.png (852x570, 95K)

Most of ms alternative softwares that linux has, have retarded ui.

you literally cannot

Why not?

>gayben wants to kill microsoft
that's why he is /ourguy/

Attached: daniil-trusov-untitled-2.jpg (694x960, 91K)

Windows 7 base.
Mobile/Tablet-like App based system.
Apple-like """"easy and streamlined""" settings offering a shitty version of the settings already in the control panel.
Always connected personal assistant/ social media machiene.

No thanks it was dumb enough the first time around.

Why are Windows users on Jow Forums so bad with computers?

this is not just a 3D model but a small part of a complex building project where you can print the 2D floor plans with few clicks of a mouse, for example

youtube.com/watch?v=zBXcdqs8C3w

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

It's not a question of being bad.
There is no reason to use LibreOffice when you can use Office, as Office's UI and performance is superior.
Likewise, there is no reason to use KDEnlive when you could use Vegas, or GIMP when you could use Photoshop, or Pinta when you could use Paint.net, the list goes on and on.
Linux is cute for refurbishing an old computer, especially with Lubuntu, but if you're going to get actual work done you kind of have to use Windows.

So why can't I do it with free software? What part of your paid malware is necessary for it?

>but if you're going to get actual work done you kind of have to use Windows.
Just say that you need it. Some people are good with computers. You are not one of them. Accept it.

I really don't understand why winbabbies worship office so much. Most of it totally useless.

desu your whole argument all this time can be summed up in one picture

Attached: n9EIOi191Jw3cA0VpLaHW3-90gUYdskscg0GEtjpNpQ.jpg (576x764, 119K)

Open source misses the point. It's free software. You can't back up any of your claims. Why is that?

I tried it and it was alright except that it slowed down over time so I uninstalled it again

I see
I feel like the bottom right menu of pic-related is the best looking

>it's not open source it's free software
and that's exactly the moment where you gave yourself away as a free software evangelist who couldn't give any shit about productivity and usability as long as everything is licensed under the GPL

Last chance to back up a claim you've made.

99% people will take windows over a riced arch setup anyday.
Those 99% people just want to get their work done, they don't care about the conflicting ui or data collection whatsoever. Your special snowflake os repels normal people.
>but normies are retarded.
Accept it, people making proprietary softwares get paid for it and getting paid is a good motivation for making a good software

Why do you care so much about what normalfags think?

That's because you're trying to fit in by preferring the older menu despite it being fucking Windows 7.

The majority of proprietary software is abysmal and low quality.

let me ask you a question: if a piece of software is free software, how could the company who wrote that piece of software make money off of it? they are required to provide the source code free of charge whenever someone asks for it, therefore, no one would pay for their software since they couldn't charge anything for it
GPL says that it's fine to sell software, but what it actually means is that it's fine to distribute software, not sell it. if distribution occurs through download links, there are no mediums to pay for (DVDs, floppies, etc)

so te;

>costs more than your rent
go back to instagram

>99% people will take windows over a riced arch setup anyday.
>Those 99% people just want to get their work done
They want to browse Facebook and Youtube. Why do /v/inwdows users pretend that everyone is using AutoCAD?
>Accept it, people making proprietary softwares get paid for it and getting paid is a good motivation for making a good software
The majority of people making open source software get paid for it. Do people often ask you to stop talking about things you don't know about? You really should consider it.

Try asking the many people who make money developing free software, you fucking idiot.

>what is red hat

give me one example
they make their money off of support you retard

more like this desu

Attached: volvo.jpg (680x351, 40K)

Linus Torvalds.

Support off of software they develop retard.

When will mods ban wangtards /v/ morons and save Jow Forums

Office: costs money
LibreOffice: free and does everything Office does

Red Hat does development

yeah when was the last time you paid for systemd or gnome? oh wait, you never gave them any money did you?

give me the name of a company other than red hat who have made a billion dollars from free software

>give an example of a company making money from free software
>but not this one because it doesn't count!

Attached: 1359679235979.png (490x480, 101K)

When did Red Hat make a billion dollars?

They never charged for it. What is even your fucking point, kid?
>give me an answer to x, and no don't give me y, give me something else

Other enterprises will pay Red Hat for support. Part of that support includes development, as every software dev knows, but I guess you wouldn't.
I don't know about reaching a billion-dollar profit, but MS and Amazon's servers are using Linux.

>trying to fit in
or maybe I just happen to stay on this board because i share many tastes with the other Anons here ?
Stop trying to be contrarian for the sake of it you edgelord
This menu looks the best because the character font is the clearest, the slightly grey/blue tint of the background causes less eye-strain, the different options are emphasized through bold / grayed out / underlined text, there are small pictograms that describe the action of each option, the keyboard shortcut is written to the right, a small shadow creates depth for visibility and there is not a 2 meters gap between the different options
It's the ideal design for an option menu you fucking retard

Attached: 1537023935791.png (510x510, 18K)

>bet you can't give me an example
>ok sure but I bet you can't give me another one
AHAHAHAHAHA

Mozilla

People who buy an Apple computer usually don't even install MS Office. And just work with the Pages from Apple.

most CAD and CAM solutions are developed on UNIX systems - not Win/Appl....so....