I just bought one of these. Did i fuck up Jow Forums?

I just bought one of these. Did i fuck up Jow Forums?

Attached: note9.jpg (3000x1688, 564K)

Enjoy your phone op.

No. It's the best phone you can buy. Just use the smartphone thread next time.

Attached: monika_chibi_by_anjasx4d-dbt0s8q.png (1720x2478, 434K)

I did too and it would be a 10/10 phone
but it has insane color banding in videos, anything even slightly dark looks like a 6bit color brazilian dvd rip
Also check your spen tip, it it wobbles take it back to samsung and get a replacement, some note 9s got a faulty wobblu pen.

>it has insane color banding in videos
That almost 100% is your source video, NOT the Note9.

It's a 10-bit HDR AMOLED and has tested EXTREMELY well by displaymate.

If you see "insane" color banding I can only assume it's you playing content that is shitty, or you doing something else retarded. The screen itself is literally the best panel currently available in any phone on the market.

Lol.
Get a n9 first laddie.
s9 had the esact same problem and they fixed it in an update.
Hope they do the same with the n9 or i'll just get a replacement and sell it.
You can easily check this by using any display test so it's not like your uneducated opinion matters, the note 9 is incapable of displaying the first 5 black squares in any display test (that you can just use yourself btw).
It's a calibration issue for the most part but the screen itself is not as great as every shill makes it out to be(none of the, not a single one adressed this. And they failed to do it with s9 as well).

Attached: LiveMessage_2018-09-10-08-45-32.gif (600x600, 3.21M)

jesus christ i looked up the price and it's $1000

my lg g4 cost me $530 or something when it came out, why are phones so fucking expensive now?

>why are phones so fucking expensive now?
You know why.

Attached: DefensiveLinedGilamonster-small.gif (640x355, 670K)

gooks and apple?

Attached: LiveMessage_2018-09-15-17-26-14.gif (600x600, 3.8M)

Pretty much. Don't worry though in 10 years we'll all be able to get a 10 dollar check after they get caught price fixing again.

Unless you want the s-pen, that would be the LG V30.

>buying L "bootloops" G

only 1 USB port
regected

It's a fine phone, and I'm very fond of mine. It's truly the "I hate cloud services" phone with all that storage available.
Higher specs user, wtf do you think?
Did a bit of research and found that the Dome Glass screen protector is some pretty sick shit for it. UV light applicator for special liquid based adhesive that allegedly fills in scratches and small cracks, and maintains more clarity than tempered glass ones. I'm thinking of getting one, but I might settle for tempered glass instead. Gonna see if I can find it at a reasonable price sometime.

>s9 had the esact same problem and they fixed it in an update.
what is this update and how do I get it? I have the s9+, latest update was on aug 27th and gradients and blacks still look dogshit

Guess they didn't fix it then lmao.
Just type s9 banding into google, people said they fixed it.
But i guess those screens are just dogshit and every reviewer is a paid shill(surprising nobody).
Even displaymate doesn't say a word about banding or black crush, insted lying about the screen being godlike.

Doesn't surprise me on the slightest. People who do reviews for a living seem to be completely incompetent and have a very limited understanding of the things they review.
>display iss gud because bright and pretty colors in candy crush
I only went samshit because sony removed the headphone jack and everyone else is putting fucking notches on their phone. Smartphones are supposed to be super good now and approaching peak performance, but somehow it feels like one of the worst times to be shopping for a new one. The curved screen annoys the shit out of me too

Unironically: how is fortnite performance? Not that I play games but it bemuses me how they crammed such a large pc game onto a smartphone.

Attached: 1533629109420.jpg (302x371, 72K)

>Doesn't surprise me on the slightest. People who do reviews for a living seem to be completely incompetent and have a very limited understanding of the things they review.
No, they know perfectly well. They get paid to say or not say certain things, that's how they earn their money.
It's surprising that 99% of them are paid shill though, i thought it would be something like 70%.
I went with the note because i love the pen, the phone is really good but this banding&black crush is just fucking insane.
And i truly believe it's a calibration issue, i think they fucked the gamma up completely to make the screen "pop" colors or some shit.

Screen Balance Pro

Also
>get a note 9 laddie

Nigger I own a Note8 and my brother has a Note9, I can compare them side by side if you really want.

I got a note 9 since my carrier had buy one get one free and my dad also wanted one.

Not considering any promotions I would've just gotten a note 8. They are only $500 new on eBay. Note 9 isn't worth double the price

>No, they know perfectly well
I used to think this, but after watching that verge video I'm starting to think media companies just prop up random retards to read spec sheets, and then there are other retards who see this and try to imitate it.
Coming from an xperia z2 I like the performance of the phone, the fast charging, how long it keeps applications in memory, readability in sunlight and screen to body ratio, but the color banding is extremely annoying and definitely leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I was going to get the note9 because the spen looks fun, but the fact that it still has this issue is just bullshit. I guess I'll just use the s9+ until an lg v phone with no notch or a samshit with a decent screen comes out.

should have gotten a xiamio

My mom has a v30, the screen is worse than my s7 edge. Camera is nice though.

You know you can just calibrate the screen yourself...right? Hell if you've got a colorimeter and know what you're doing you could probably calibrate to a fairly good accuracy.

Also, have you even checked to see if black crush still happens when you change the screen color settings from the default oversaturated to one of the more color accurate settings?

Goodness sakes mate. My phone costed me $20 and I just got it. Smart phone and all. I don't understand why people pay over 500x the price.

I'll look into calibration, but I've tried screen balance, all the different screen modes and built in manual settings, it still looks like shit. it also looks yellowish by default

>$20
>I don't understand why people pay over 500x the price.

>$20
>500x

user, go back to school, that would be $10,000. No one but uber rich buy $10,000 phones, and they're usually just normal phones with gold and diamonds inlaid into them, not that the actual hardware of the device being that expensive.

You can't do that on android faggot.
You can't change the gamma or enable dithering on this """"10bit"""" screen.
also
>paying$1k to calibrate a mobile phone screen that is supposed to be the best screen on the planet

Enjoy your tech toy.

You obviously do not then.
Your shitty app doesn't change the screen gamma which is what makes this display crush the first 5 levels of blacks completely and cause some disgusting banding.
You can degrade the screen with a shitty app to hide some of it but that's not what i paid $1k for

idiot. 500x the price is $dollars 1000. I fail to see your comprehension error. and 20 dollar is fine for me.

Take 500 $. Multiply by 2. You got 1000 $.
Take 500 $. Multiply by 20. You got 10x1000 $ = 10 000 $.

lmao, neck yourself

Attached: B4EACF59-F3B9-4084-B966-03BAD6A9AEE1.jpg (1024x1024, 209K)

I have a V30. The camera is good in the daytime, but crap at night.

yes I understand that. Are you stupid? I am saying that 500x of the $20 dollar is $1000. whatever I am tired of this thread.

this is a shill file naming scheme and thus is illegitimate image formatting stylistic choice.

Yeah you fucked up OP , you should have waited for the S10 that is right around the corner.

Should've waited to the note 10 right around the corner

>I am saying that 500x of the $20 dollar is $1000

50 x 20 = 1,000

500 x 20 = 10,000

>fucking stupid people will be the death of us all

no you don't understand. I Am Tired Of This Thread. 500x for the dollar amount $20 is $1000. Okay. Okay. Good Then I See That You Understand My Point.

and am I stupid? No. i have gotten a bachelors' degree in computer science at a VERY reputable State College.

Are any phones good at night? They seem to be getting better but I have not seen a single one actually good at night

tfw you get samsung devices half price because your job. Paying 899aud for a 512gb note 9 feels good mang

Fuck that's a pretty nice margin on top of wholesale, is it similar margins with other brands? Because if it's just Samsung, I can see why people would be incentivized to sell more Samsungs.

Bachelors degree
State college

bwhahhahaha

Nah the cost price of the note 9 is nornally much higher. That was just an incentive directly through samsung if you complete training modules.

I can't speak for the Note 9, but I bought the dome glass for the S8 since nearly every alternative had reviews saying the screen pops off or is case compatible (and the plastic covers are for plebs). It's great but definitely overpriced.