This is a total and complete meme, right?

This is a total and complete meme, right?

Attached: Librem-5-Linux-smartphone-800x450.jpg (800x450, 28K)

yes unless you wanna go back to 2010 when everybody had their own OS

yes, that's why we call it the memebrem 5

Attached: bugs-bunny-6.jpg (446x336, 31K)

I guess I'll find out once my unit is shipped to me.

why would you pay $600

>2019
enjoy your wait

Where's the Librem 1, 2, 3 and 4?

The fifth generation is when manufacturers iron out all the kinks. See apple, android, windows. So why not just skip to it?

It's cheap for a phone nowadays.

It's because it has a 5 inch screen genius

why is it so wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide

Are you poor? Why WOULDN’T you pay 600$?

What is this and where is my Sailfish OS phone?

Yes.

Attached: 1527031678811.jpg (400x1512, 98K)

I'm good with my android phone.

because it's an early mockup and not a pic of the final design

Attached: phone-turn-around-kde-1024x576.png (1024x576, 260K)

For freedom

It's not the final design

This one is better.

seems interesting desu. i hope it works out

Does it provide a usable terminal?
Will it receive updates like a Linux distro would?
Please advise.

It's unlocked so you can install any distro you want on it.

Pleb.

>Paying more than $50 for a phone

Attached: 1424077219952.jpg (394x399, 36K)

>get it away from me!

Attached: 2187489237489237489.png (1280x643, 784K)

It's completely free.
For example, you can install Debian on it.

Yeah, but I'm asking in regards to the preinstalled OS.

The preinstalled OS is PureOS, which is based on Debian.
It is just another Linux distro.

Oh, I thought it was a Linux derivative, like Android. I'd totally buy it if the specs are decent.

Pretty much, I haven't used my Kindle in ages.

not a meme but dont even think it will have a decent battery life, but appart from that its absolutely not a meme

I supported it, so I will just have to see if it is a meme or not when I get it.

>$600
>cheap

I have a $599 phone I can sell to you too!

If they manage to fix sandboxed android apps im sold

Does it protect my freedoms?

Purism?
More like Autism

Attached: itachi_by_jng1997-dav1fmi.png (1153x692, 183K)

It's cheap for freedom.

Anbox

Why these commies have such gasm over spanish when the Spanish revolution the commies got their ass kicked hard? (This was when they learned that they need to flip the army before taking the power)

If they learned Russian it would be much more fun.

It's not spanish retard
It's french

>720x1280 screen
No thanks.

I don’t know user, a SMARTphone is a very valuable tool and if you pretend quality and security you should expect a reasonable price, especially in this case since you are supporting a startup with all their costs

On the other hand I’d be really baffled if you bought a >50$ dumb phone, you aren’t that stupid, right?

It's spanish but it's the same in french

since it is full GNU not crippled shit like android I'm pretty sure you could do it yourself by running an android-x86 image in virtualbox or qemu. the idea of running a phone OS inside another phone OS seems really exciting to me 2bh

I don't know. IMO it's a bad idea to try to port GNU/KDE software to smartphones. We should work on making Android/Linux completely free instead, and compatible with more hardware (with a 100% free kernel, of course).

Seems far easier than making not one, but TWO DEs from scratch just for your phone.

If it's the same in French how can you say it's Spanish and not French
t. actual Frenchman

>android
>fully free
>when "open" handset alliance of proprietary firmware blobs inserting corporations exists
yeah, it ain't happening buddy

better to make a freedom phone and have it run on full-fledged desktop quality freedom software

that's like expecting windows to be made free at this point (which is more likely imo, since we have more control over desktops, microsoft is pushing towards the cloud and there's things like the valve emulation layer that's making windows more obsolete every day)

whereas on the phone market, we have no viable alternative for android, especially since apple's garbage is even more locked down

I got a samsung galaxy J1 for $20 new. pretty comfy and does everything I need: calls, text, weather, and chess

>We should work on making Android/Linux completely free instead
We tried that. Take a look at how well that went.

Attached: AbsoluteStateOfReplicant.png (1112x793, 184K)

The Replicant project didn't receiver near as much funds as the Librem project did. I'd imagine it would go much better: all of the missing features are missing because of no free firmware, which is solved with free hardware - exactly what Librem is doing.

As I said above, this is a hardware issue solvable with free hardware. The issue isn't Android.

Hopefully you're right, user. I can see Windows becoming more obsolete each day, but we still have a long way to go.

of course

imagine how show it will be, I'm really excited!

>Kickstarter
D R O P P E D

Not only that but this meme has no future - this phone will be a money loss for the company.

Not Kickstarter. They crowdfunded it on their own site.

i don't think it's very likely. just moreso than android