This is what Latin Americans use to heat their showers

This is what Latin Americans use to heat their showers.

Is this technology safe?
How is it possible to heat water on the fly using electric heat contained within such a tiny unit?
Do latinos even use hot water when they need to wash their hands?

Attached: suiceide-shower-guatemala.jpg (600x400, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jiErqUkw690
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well they don't need boilers since it's basically 105 degrees outside, feels like washing with piss.

Why don't they just install a central water heater?

These are used by poor people generally, they do indeed work. They are "safe" in theory if you connect the ground wire and install it correctly, but most people who use these things are poor and stupid and therefore endanger themselves by not grounding the unit or leaving exposed wiring dangling in their shower, then all it takes is touching some exposed metal and they're dead.

They work, I guess. I just put non-conductive tape up the ass on the exposed areas and put it out of the way.
No, nobody has hot water in the sink.
t. latino

im latinamerican and idk whats that thing, i just have a normal shower like notmal people, this isnt africa

im latino, and yes we do, what the fuk is tgis thread

*zap*

how many dead? this magic device can solve the poor people problem

>No, nobody has hot water in the sink.

wtf

Do you guys even have such things as dishwashers, garbage disposals, and icemakers?

do you actually turn off the heater in summer? i've never seen anyone do this.

A Brazilian was talking about these on Jow Forums one time

The best thing about them is that you don't need to wait for the water to heat up and you don't run out of hot water

But the shower is the only place in their "house" that can have warm water

I'm (relatively) rich and I have never seen those things. (Only icemakers, but that comes with fridges installed already.)

in brazil they are common everywhere, but especially lower-middle class and below

yes there are safety concerns but everyone pretty much knows to be wary of the showerhead, so as long as you're just showering normally and not fucking around it's safe enough

yes, yes, and yes... but hot water in the sink isn't a 100% necessity by any means
it's pretty handy when washing dishes i guess

>dishwashers
why do you think mexican ladies wash your dishes, mutto? of course we don't
>garbage disposals
yeah we take the trash out in a bag, no magic blenders to push all that shit into the pipes and possibly clogging everything with potato peels
>icemakers
we fill up those plastic trays with water and put them in the freezer

>LOL POORFAGS
dunno, not even rich people here do that. that's just as low as microwaving water.

Why didn't the Eagles fly them to Mordor?

Attached: 2015_0506_YMATEOFW_BioPhotos_JennaFischer_1455x1455_KO.jpg (1455x1455, 1.38M)

Attached: meme2.jpg (1879x1061, 96K)

I was raised in a low class Latin American household and I've never had any clue on why people leave those wires exposed. Yes, we use electric showers that heat up the water instantly, but the ones in my house never had any exposed cables. Fuck if I know.

>"house"

Attached: 1536523003059.png (651x757, 241K)

>Is this technology safe?
If you have to ask...

>implying there would be no more poor people if we killed off all the poor people

user, there would be no rich people if it weren't for poor people. someone must be exploited.

In Latin America? None that I know of. There are a couple cases in Thailand though.

As long as it's properly grounded, yes. The resistance between the shower head, the water itself (in lots of small drops) and your body is way too high to allow any noticeable current to zap you.
>How is it possible to heat water on the fly using electric heat contained within such a tiny unit?
It's just a bigass resistance in which electricity runs through, which causes it to get really hot and heat the water.

>there would be no rich people
sounds good

>heat their showers
why would you want hot water to shower?
Are you a faggot?
don't you know that cold showers are beneficial to your body?

I've been to the poor part of europe and even those balkan niggers got central heating. What's wrong with latinos?

this, it solves two problems at once

thanks for the (You)

Mexican, never seen that. My parents have a boiler but some people don't have one. Although average cities in Mexico are wealthier than those on Guatemala so I can't speak for all Latin America, I heard Colombia is pretty shit and let's not talk about Peru or other sad shitholes like Venezuela.

Pretty sure you are less likely to be killed by cartels in Colombia or Peru.

It's really not. Only with the earth wire connected, unlike there, are they barely "safe" enough to not kill people every time.

Am Brazillian. Currently taking a shit 1m away from one of these. Its cold here so we have a 7700W shower. It draws so much power the whole house gets a brownout for a second when we turn it on

It just has a resistor in there and heats the water. Its so much heat that if you stop water flowing for just a second it will fry and you have to switch it

The fun part is that its almost never properly engineered and installer correctly, so you can get shocked a bit if you touch it directly. Luckily I'm a manlet so its a non issue

Aren't these basically smaller versions of tankless water heaters?

>Literally being called suicide shower on the internet

Mexican here. What THE FUCK is that?

Don't israelis use solar rooftop units? Couldn't LatAms do the same?

>Tfw eurofag and all other eurofags ik don't have any of this

They're just things invented so burgers can spend more time sitting down.

>7700W
Sweet Jesus

>there are people, even in this thread, that believe you need to use "hot" water to clean dishes
>not realizing you need practically scalding hot water to cleanse microorganisms

Attached: 1363023216517.jpg (375x361, 14K)

It can pull like 40 amperes lol

>doesn't know that hot water helps dissolve grease and makes dishes dry faster

The average American tankless water heater draws something like 30kW in use. 7700W is basically nothing for heating water on the fly. The flow rate on these showerheads must be pathetic.

You dumb nigger, op said south America you imbecile.

>he doesn't realize it also dries out your hands
>he eats foods that are so greasy they leave a residue so thick that it warrants changing the temperature of the water
>his dish rack doesn't have the time to hold a plate for a few hours

Attached: 1373432278662.jpg (640x360, 36K)

If it wasn’t for rich people, who create most value, the poor people would be living in caves, not enjoying modern conveniences and the first era in human history without endemic hunger. Fucking lying commies.

You need a mass of people to support the lifestyle that enables a few to devote themselves to inventing shit in the first place.

... that has nothing to do with my post.
And even if it did, OP said Latin America, which is everything south of the US, you drooling retard

but we killed the poor people remember?

You have to be unlucky to actually die, as the water has quite high resistance in droplet form.

youtube.com/watch?v=jiErqUkw690

Latin here, seriously never seen one in my whole life, not even in the poorest house I've been.
Maybe it's a poor people thing

You don't need very warm water to make modern dish washing liquids or laundry detergents do their job, but they still work faster if it's a bit warmer.

> not realizing you need practically scalding hot water to cleanse microorganisms
Uh, this will mainly physically remove most microorganisms sticking to food sources on the dishes rather than kill everything. It's still effective to very much reduce concentration of microorganisms on plates by the time you eat.

lmao

my midwest uncle has an in-line heating unit for his hot water, by choice since he's a wealthy (by midwest standards) carpenter and built the house himself
swears it's one of his favorite features of the house, the unit isn't much bigger than a football

>This is what Latin Americans use to heat their showers
This is what this one individual uses to heat their shower.

That costs money. Heated shower heads are cheap. They're also safe if grounded.

But if you don't ground it, it will save you all your living expenses.

A question that has never been sufficiently answered.

One does not simply fly into Mordor. There, it's been answered.

Point-of-use/in-line water heaters are fine. Shitty, jury-rigged ones aren't.

seen this recent trend where Jow Forumssters will leave their containment board to try and stir shit on Jow Forums by phrasing things extremely tangentially

seems to be just one dude though

I really, really, really like this image. Do you mind if I save it?

ChinkMoot does a shit job of containing them. Rarely used to be a problem.

It's expensive. Water/electricity is relatively cheap there.

>then all it takes is touching some exposed metal and they're dead.
Actually no, you would only die if you touch the wires directly. The ground is there just to save you if somehow you manage to short everything by touching the heating element, for example.

>if it's on Internet it's true!
That suicide shower thing was spread by those dumb Jow Forums tier americans that barely understand electricity.

when they are properly installed? yes.

Attached: aaaaaa.jpg (400x300, 17K)

That video was great. More thrilling than any scary movie.

More shocking is that they put their shitty toilet paper in a trash can instead of flushing it

And that's considering that shower is the cheapest money can buy. Average models like have the resistance thing far from the head, making them safer. Expensive models are even more safer.

Why do spicniggers not bother to connect the grounding wire?

there's no ground in shandy towns