Should I buy a cheap 1600 or 2200g while waiting for Zen 2...

Should I buy a cheap 1600 or 2200g while waiting for Zen 2? I don't want to get a 2600x and have an expensive brick in my hands.

Attached: magic computer.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u95X2XyXjAU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have a 2200G. It's pretty good.

2200g just make sure you buy a mobo compatible for later upgrade.

2200g is based, is a little better than a x1300 with a gpu alittle under a gt 1030 but you can just buy a real gpu later

Got a 2400G for my main Gentoo machine. Works great. I chose this machine without any particularly severe constraints on money, BTW. The consideration was mainly that I just didn't want to waste much electrical power needlessly and have something faster than a Kabini 5350 [not even because of Gentoo's portage compiles, but because of running software].

With how much processing power I got spare now, it figures the 2200G would also be just fine.

Can 2200g handle hi10 anime

Not having a dedicated GPU is actually quite nice with regards to power consumption.

Any PCI GPU that you could buy in a store will use 15W+ at essentially all times, right?

A current smartphone processor can even without GPU support for it. Obviously this comparative monster can, too.

>expensive brick
It'll still last you longer than any current kiketel housefires. And the socket will support zen2.
Anyways, it's fukken september 2018. If you absolutely do want zen2 just wait another year?

Even the gemini lake celeron chokes on hi10 anime.

Where is the chair

>celeron
that's your problem.

That seems unlikely to me ... again, it works with current midrange ARM and you can even find tests from 4 years ago when it started to work pretty reasonably:
youtube.com/watch?v=u95X2XyXjAU

And that's h.264 [which may or may not be the anime hi10 you're worried about]. h.265 hi10 pretty much got HW decoders anywhere now.

2200G if you don't have a dedicated GPU.

Note the length of the table legs. That's meant to use while kneeling.

>kneeling
dude...

Attached: chair.jpg (500x438, 107K)

The pedoweebs have escaped their containment boards.

guess what Jow Forums stands for?

It's for tech, not pedophile weeaboo anime.

I play at 1080p 144hz. My current build is and OC i5-6600k and a 980ti. Is it worth it to upgrade to a 2080ti and 7700k? Would I have to upgrade to 1440p to make the investment worth it?

>kneeling
>chairs
wut... Just sit cross legged

Youpl be gaming the same shit on it. The frist week you buy all that shit youll be hyped, and then it becomes the new norm, you get used to it, and play the same shit you played before. Imo its not an "investment" its just wasting your money.

>buy a cheap 1600 or 2200g while waiting
Should you buy? If your current computer is holding you back then yes, if not then no. Kind of like asking "should I buy more RAM" has a simple answer like "if you have 8 and you're frequently running out of memory then yes, you should buy more". You shouldn't wait if you need a new system now; and if you don't need it then there's no reason to buy it later.

As for the 1600 or 2200g: The second generation Ryzen chips are much better than the first. You can basically look at the base and boost clock of the 1600 and completely ignore the boost clock because you'll never see it, it doesn't matter (yes, if you just use one core and the rest are idle then it will boost, this never happens). On the 2600 with XFR it's the opposite, the boost clock is pretty much the all-core base clock and the "base clock" is more like a fall-back if your case doesn't have ventilation and the CPU overheats.

>Kabini 5350
Man that's a slow one. I have two. Were really cheap when I bought them and they served me well for quite some time. Fine for a h264 1080p mostly just video playing HTPC.

Yes

>worth it to upgrade to a 2080ti and 7700k
No, specially not the 2080ti. Wait and see what the benchmarks look like but I suspect the value you get is rather low compared to the 1080ti (fps per dollar). Independent benchmarks will be out in a few days, wait and see what those look like.

wasted trips

Absolutely not. Trips told the truth

Its the technology board of a weeb site, go fuck off to a normie technology website then lol jesus christ

Attached: 1536963466692.jpg (1024x576, 57K)

Based

Kys

Off yourself faggot, you're a weeb yourself.

If you can't wait, buy some used 1st gen ryzen and of it

Attached: ipc.png (674x800, 53K)