What are some other programs that actually are good, but Jow Forums hates it only to be contrarian?

What are some other programs that actually are good, but Jow Forums hates it only to be contrarian?

Attached: 41UPIHLXcwL.png (512x512, 16K)

windows 10

MacOSX

systemd

It's not enough to be 'good' anymore.
It has to be the best.
VLC it's not even close to that.

GIMP. The "can't draw a circle meme" is stale. GIMP is for image manipulation. Use inkscape for creating from scratch.

chromium (although they're making some really retarded decisions lately, such as removing https indicator and volume slider)

>VLC
>good

If we were in a world where the only players were Windows Media Player, Quicktime 4,and VLC; VLC would look like the greatest thing ever since its shortcomings would be vastly overshadowed by the shortcomings of everything else. But in a world where MPC-HC exists, VLC just doesn't stand up.

It's like Linux in a world with Windows.

Agreed. I prefer mpv though.

Attached: COSTA RICA IN 4K 60fps (ULTRA HD)-LXb3EKWsInQ_00_01_03_0001_mpv.jpg (3840x2160, 2.18M)

I have an issue with vlc where when watching from a dvd it'll randomly just stop the video at the end of a random chapter. shit's annoying yo! any way to fix it or should I just switch?

>GIMP is for image manipulation
>Can't even manipulate a circle onto an image

Attached: haunter-gengar.gif (500x375, 665K)

I love that video for some reason.

It's cery peaceful and relaxing

Attached: COSTA RICA IN 4K 60fps HDR (ULTRA HD)-LXb3EKWsInQ_00_01_51_0002_mpv.jpg (3840x2160, 3.61M)

VLC sucks

Not an argument

Yep. Most of the FOSS community agrees systemd was a huge step forward but some members of Jow Forums prefer to live in the stone age for bizarre reasons.

>he uses MPC-HC
>he uses Linux
What other handicaps do you incorporate into your daily life to fuel your own sense of superiority? Do you also unicycle to work?

it use to be good
Then other players caught up and passed it
It use to be good as a backup, an all else fails this will still work, but then it failed at that with the more recent 3.0 being very crash prone.

now potplayer does better streaming
mpchc/mpv are just flat out better video players
and the odd if all else fails X will work falls on mpv more so then new vlc.

I dont understand how this is even a meme, how is it not able to draw a circle?

material everywhere
fucking up the extension page
so many fucking bad decisions going back years, but not a single other browser is worth a damn.

Flash

>community
KYS moron

Foobar2000

Attached: foobar_cover.png (1360x872, 371K)

>mpc on linux

Since when does Jow Forums hate foobar?

great, but little brother has some weird issues with it I can't replicate so he hates it now.

>Jow Forums is 1 person
le lebbit hivemind amirite

Attached: Webshots Desktop 2.jpg (764x514, 89K)

@67625288
b8

Bunch of faggots were going on about it being botnet because the developer won't make it open source.

Hating VLC isn't contrarian though, it's called common sense.

Jow Forums tends to over exaggerate everything

BestCrypt, it seems.

t. le Shill

Attached: bc_1.png (1007x643, 48K)

Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro

Attached: Capture_09162018_051121.jpg (643x487, 58K)

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Attached: 2018-09-16_051621.png (1008x638, 53K)

>adobe

Attached: adobe_kekcrobat.png (901x706, 64K)

Do people still use webshots? I haven't seen that since like 2001.

The old Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro is patrician. I also tried the new one (DC) but the layout has big icons, just like software for kids. Also, I always scan with Adobe Acrobat. In DC, even when I set A4 by default, after each & every scan it reset again back to letter. So, I uninstalled DC & got again the old Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro.

Another advantage also is that it werks on Win XP (as opposed to DC).

Acrobat Pro is really neat & the patch just werks.

Attached: Snap9.jpg (456x170, 33K)

Does the Peru 8K one decode with hardware acceleration for you?

Directory Opus (for Win) ?

Attached: dopus_1.png (531x427, 37K)

What does MPC-HC do that's so amazing compared to VLC?

only thing it's got on total commander is windows integration, other than that tc is pretty much better in every way

Literally nothing. VLC was around first and doing just fine, some autists couldn't figure it out and swapped to mpc-hc. They are both almost identical in every way, except VLC doesn't look like ass after install.

>total commander

I used XTree Gold in the past (and also Norton Commander) but I never fell for Total Commander.

When I purchased a Win 7 machine, I was looking for a new file manager, since the Win 7 file explorer is useless.

But yes, I only hear good things about TC.

Aida.

Sorry, it's a bit of a boomer collection, I know.

Attached: 2018-09-16_054504.png (404x424, 7K)

yeah, it kinda looks like ass but offers good functionality oob and has an assload of plugins for extended functionality. it's easy as fuck to pirate but if you like it I think it's only like five bucks or something

not the one you replied to, but yeah TC is great. Been using it for over a decade and once you get used to the shortcuts you will never want to use anything else. Besides it has an SDK so you can make plugins for it.
I actually paid for it since I had been using it for so long but if you dont like the shareware nag window its ez to find a crack.

>horrible security
>pain to install
>can use html5 instead
what kind of retarded faggot uses flash in their website.

Do you have an 8k display? But yeah, hwdec works.

Attached: Peru 8K HDR 60FPS (FUHD)-1La4QzGeaaQ_00_01_11_0002_mpv.jpg (3840x2160, 2.97M)

High quality scaling; proper ordered chapter and linked mkv support;, sensible controls.

Office. It's simply irreplaceable.

>it's easy as fuck to pirate but if you like it I think it's only like five bucks or something

I think the creator of TC deserves the money & as you say, it's not expensive.

I also paid for my Directory Opus. It's also quite advanced but I only use about 20 % of what it could do.

On the other side, sorry but Adobe et al. got enough money.

>the shortcuts

That's what I like in Norton Commander & XTree Gold.

>Office. It's simply irreplaceable.
Agreed. However, I regret that I never learned WordPerfect. Then again, nowadays, MS Office just is the gold standard. Yet, if it comes to spreadsheets, I refuse using Excel. Real accountants use Lotus 1-2-3. So, first I save into Quattro Pro and then I open in Lotus 1-2-3.

Attached: lotus.png (1012x659, 66K)

games
fuck Steam and fuck html5

Opera Presto

Autism is the reason for any question on Jow Forums that doesn't seem to have an answer.

But almost all flash games are crusty ass

Poor winfags, shilling their spyware OS and having to either pay or get wares for their software.
Linux will always be superior.

Winamp

It certainly whips the llama's ass, but it really seems to have declined in quality since its 2.x hayday.

google chrome

Firefox

@67626186
0/10

MPC doesn't do any of this though.

Mine does.

>Linux will always be superior

2 x womp & a (You)

Extremely low quality post.

>Poor winfags

How can you say that? I use Lotus SmartSuite with Lotus 1-2-3 since 1996, so it cannot be that bad.

Name something superior to VLC then fag