Installing a new SSD- who much will it fuck with my BIOS?

Was running out of room on my SSD HD, so bought a samsung 500 gig SSD with the platform to install it like you would a sound card or graphics card. Question-- when I install this, am I going to fuck with Bios and is the computer going to start booting from this drive, or will it just be sort of like an external drive I can just select to dump my excess shit? Thanks for any help lads.
t. retard

Attached: samsung-ssd.png (2176x876, 531K)

Attached: tech support.gif (500x247, 485K)

Maybe actually learn to use your pc before drooling on your keyboard faggot

Edgy hymie. What the fuck purpose is there in acting like you are a fucking genius when I already admitted I'm a retard with computers? Went from a negro high school on scholarship to NYU and right into law school. Why do you feel like some sort of badass? If you don't want to answer me, very good, fuck you. So tired of edgelord douchebags all over here. If you actually knew the answer, you'd give it rather than acting superior. Die of the AIDS.

>actually learn to use your pc before drooling on your keyboard faggot
Another piece of shit. Remmeber when this site wasn't full of fucking of hard-ons who couldn't get a piece of ass in a mexican whore house with his prick sandwiched between a visa and an american express? Thank you and fuck you. Will go to fucking Overclock and get an answer. Believe or not, some some people have to work like a nigger in the fields all day to pay for your neetbux, 6 days a fucking week under the whip of Jew.

if your computer is nvme ready on motherboard, as in you are going to slot in in there, then no, it should work like a normal hdd and all you will do when you are ready is set the boot to the nvme and there you go.

If you are doing a pcie mounted nvme input, you may have some hoops to jump through.

wew, another /v/ pcfag that barely knows anything about compootah

And through PCIE mount, you cant make it a boot drive.

Actually, some but not all older motherboards can have their BIOS modded to accept booting from PCIe. It's not a straightforward plug and play but apparently it can be done.

That's not an SSD you are looking for. You want one that looks like a laptop HDD.

And in the BIOS (or UEFI these days) you can select which drive you want to boot from.

Should I get that ssd for 70€?

My local shop sell them

Why in the fuck are you using a SSD for general storage? Buy 4 2tb regular HD and set them up as a raid. Use the damn SSD for the OS.

you can do some fucking around to make it a boot drive, but its not simple options.

honestly Unless you need a new ssd now, I would hold off, so many companies are coming out with high capacity nand that price for space is going to plummet in the coming year.

but 70 isn't a bad price for 500gb, not bad for 250gb nvme either but not great.

>if I appeal to their egos, they will help me for free!
Doesn't work for my clients wont work for you

I want a m.2 ssd but dont have a slot in my mobo. Does something like a m.2 to sata convertor exist?

/sqt/ my man

lol

I think even SQT would call you retarded

OP is 100% using winshit, and RAID on Windows is ass. Also anything but R1 on mobo can. Basically mdadm, zfs, or bust.

don't buy nvme, they're a huge meme. i just returned mine today for a 1tb sata ssd.

Attached: 20180720_151805.jpg (3024x4032, 1.95M)

Why?