>be me 4 years ago
>go to state school for CS
>dreams of making big bucks at a top tech company keeps me motivated
>get Google internship junior year
>graduate with a full time offer from Facebook
>now making ~200k first year at age 22 in seattle
>literally the most unhappy and lost I've ever felt
>suicidal thoughts creeping back

When did you realize that no amount of money fixes a broken mind? I might actually kill myself at some point but I'm not even depressed I just don't enjoy anything and dont see the point in doing anything

Attached: 1535119436295.jpg (200x200, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wildwill.net/blog/2017/04/26/industrial-society-and-its-future-a-k-a-the-unabomber-manifesto/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hope by now you have enough saving. Quit your job and do things that makes you happy.

also, this is the 2nd suicidal post I've seen on Jow Forums today wtf

You must hate going to work like most people, become an independent worker

Before this point you have lived life for this goal.Now that you have achieved it you no longer feel you have anything to live for. My advice would to get a hobby or a relationship that you look forward to doing.

>seattle
>literally the most unhappy and lost I've ever felt
>suicidal thoughts creeping back
Move somewhere else. Seattle literally drains your soul slowly. Why do think you only have 3 days of sun per year? It's lost in darkness.

Seconding this.
It's Seattle, dude. Artists that are in Seattle for extended periods of time produce darker work.

Get a hobby.

sisu
Just keep going forward. Eventually you become desensitized to it all.

It's funny that I've spoken to a lot of people who are in a similar position and they're often on anti depressants + other anxiety pills, and work for companies like Facebook. They say similar things like "I make X amount of money but I'm not happy"

It honestly seems sad, working as like a tiny cog in a monolithic wheel, even if you're paid well you're just a worker bee.. And you're working on the side of anti privacy, anti consumer etc.

Working long hours, you can't be yourself or say what you want, probably taking a long commute to work or having to pay obscene rent just to avoid it, in which case your "huge pay!" ends up going away...

Oh yeah, and a lot of them are gay or bi. Which is fucking weird. What's THAT about.

Fuck off back to Tumblr dipshit.

why would you dream about working at a top tech company? Maybe try working with some sane people and doing something else on the weekend that you'll actually have free time for

wildwill.net/blog/2017/04/26/industrial-society-and-its-future-a-k-a-the-unabomber-manifesto/

That's why I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ into my heart and read my bible every day. I feel loved and fulfilled and know that every day on this earth is a gift and I haven't had any negative thoughts like that for 13 years now. Sure I still get angry and frustrated at times but that always passes and life feels grand.

Use all that money to pay for therapy user.

dude do you by chance go to iowa state? if so i think i know you lol

what are the things that bring you the most tiniest amount of joy each day? and do you have any hobbies?

Wow who woulda thought suicide would be the logical conclusion of materialism and nihilism culture?

Nah, OP is just a pussy or a LARPer. Probably both.

this is a very interesting website

I don't agree with what the guy did. I don't even agree with everything he says. But a lot of what he wrote is more relevant than ever.

>reddit spacing
Fuck off nigger

Attached: 1536713071937.jpg (600x600, 57K)

i changed majors to IT from compsci because i wanted an easier life
my friend stayed in compsci and transferred to a 4 year school graduated then got his masters then got a job at oracle. he's like 100k in debt but he makes like 85k a year so thats really no problem logically

but he got married to this girl so they could get those good dorms specifically for married couples, but then had to get a divorce with her only after a couple years cuz it turns out they cant stand each other etc.

anyway he's fucking miserable
i had a comfy time but i made like half his salary.

Is google a redpilled company?

>he's like 100k in debt but he makes like 85k a year so thats really no problem logically
That's really low assuming he's at Oracle HQ.

hey bro no joke im from new york city and i know a guy who used to do the same job i do but in seattle
he got paid less than what he'd make in the city, but still double what he would get paid in upstate NY, and he told me so many stories it was unbelievable basically like portlandia the TV Show was real or some shit
and its fucking IMPOSSIBLE to break into the social circles there dude, the scene is just horrible for anyone who is "new" and he was there for like 3 or 4 years and barely managed to hang out with people aside from coworkers.

try somewhere else. a different tech hub. atlanta or something. good luck man. stick with it for a year and a half and then it'll look real good on a resume. maybe you can even land a remote gig and live where you really want to and wont wanna fucking die every day?
good look OP

based and redpilled

nah
hes not at their HQ hes in boston or something i forget been a while since i talked to him
it was entry level out of college, most peopl