/ART/-Android recomendation thread

Recommend phones
>pic rel my shit s7 edge that doesn't last a day and has a broken headphone jack & charger
>needs
battery that lasts more than 1 day
non-shit proprietary os/non skinned
under 1k
waterproof
am/oled screen
expandable storage
>bonus points
no xiaomi
no samsung

GO anons help anons

tell me why i shouldn't go to apple

Attached: 71rq8O+sInL._SX569_.jpg (569x569, 17K)

Pixel 2 XL or wait for Pixel 3 XL.

Attached: ihavenoface.jpg (600x800, 73K)

Because apple has none of those qualities you listed, you room-temperature iq mong.
I cannot believe how people like you can even remember to breath.

breathe you fukin tardo.

the os is """shit""" but it means the battery lasts forever because of that.

are they finally going to be water proof my nexus 5 lasted me years

>no headphone jack
No. Don't buy anything without it. Don't support any company copying Apple's retarded decisions. This applies to notches too.

usb-c port supports headphones dipshit.
No, most phones aren't waterproof, there is no reason to put your phone into water.

i mean maybe i am a mong but the waterproof function has saved my ass before with soda and then bbq sauce

Yeah but spilling soda on your phone isn't something you do more than once, you learn from that and are just careful in the future.

>usb-c port supports headphones dipshit.
Dongles are cancer, shit-for-brains.

So are wires.
I use bluetooth earphones.

Eww, you're one of THOSE faggots. Enjoy your compression, faggot.

yea that tru but it doesn't change the fact i've spilt more things than that so if the pixel 3 xl is good ill pick it up im just sick of fucking with my phone to get it to charge

Bluetooth has had decent codec support for a few years.

I mean, in the majority of bluetooth scenarios your argument has merrit, but we have had 300-600kbps 24bit audio codecs available for quite a while.

i just got this one cnet said it was good

Attached: android.png (819x650, 73K)

yea im half tempted to get one i like my ipad i got for school

I have an S9 which ticks most boxes. That OS bullshit is no longer valid as Samsung has added features that stock is only now catching up with.

if i knew it wasnt going to break without minimal use then i would, i barely used the headphone jack and they charging port just deteriorated my phone should last long that 2 years imo thats why i dont want another Samsung.

Amplification is the biggest issue.

What the fuck am I going to do after my Pixel XL breaks? I absolutely need a headphone jack and non-weebed up Android interface.

exactly what im struggling with good lick user

No it fucking isn't, the drivers are right next to your fucking ear drum, a bee's fart could power them.

God I fucking hate audiophiles.

Yeah it's gonna be really difficult to transition away from vanilla Android. I suppose I could look for a refurbished one?

I could switch back to LG if they still keep the 3.5mm jack--had a G4 before my Pixel and loved it (before the bootloop, that is).

Bootloop left a really bad taste in my mouth but it seems like they've kept their shit together since.

It's not about loudness, it's about impedance and frequency response.

>low effort apple shills

When are headphones going to start coming with detachable cables and an optional analog USB-C cable?

tell me bout that android os that uses very little battery without cucking performance

I have an LG V20 and I've had it for 2 years. I need to replace it because the vibration motor has broken due to gym, boxing, and other rough wear and tear. Are there any major phones that have:
>removable battery
>3.5mm jack
>expandable memory
>no notch
I can only seem to find 3 of the 4 listed nowadays. I'm afraid I'll have to cuck out and lose the removable battery.

Any suggestions Jow Forums?

>something high quality with around 5” screen or less

I’m sick of big phones that are hard to use with one hand. I want off this wild ride. Anything other than the XZ2 Compact?

The previous generation Moto G has all of these but it’s also a low tier phone.

I got an XZ2 Compact. It's pretty nice. Couldn't find anything else that really competes.

I saw this, sadly. I hate modern OEM design choices.

Pixel > Sony > htc > Huawei >>>> Samsung

Is this an accurate rank of closest to farthest from Android stock?
Feel free to add other phones or rearrange the list.
My brother recently bought a Galaxy and I was shocked ad how different and full of bloat it was compared to my Sony.

Attached: Android-bloatware-300x300[1].png (300x300, 74K)

Oneplus > Moto > Sony

I wanna buy a phone and I want it to last me until about mid-2020. Is 6gb RAM (or more) a must?

I'd say 4GB is required, hell, 3 is fine if you're running close to stock and not using tons of apps.

Fuck official google phones, they can push setting changes to your phone without consent.

>Hi all, some of you may have noticed that battery saver turned on automatically today. This was an internal experiment to test battery saving features that was mistakenly rolled out to more users than intended. We have now rolled battery saver settings back to default. Please configure to your liking. Sorry for the confusion.

Yeah doesn’t seem like there’s much. One of my pet peeves with that phone is the Sony logo on front. Horrible design choice.

Perhaps you don't have friends, but the aux port in cars and apartments is pretty important.

I don't really notice it. It's pretty subtle IRL

>aux port in cars
Really? Shit man... what car doesn't have bluetooth these days?
Even then, bluetooth recievers with 3.5mm out are cheap as fuck.

I need the best phone in the 300€ (~315$) range.
I don't care about:
>the camera
>a fingerprint reader
>face recognition
>weight
I want :
>a big battery
>an amoled screen
>a solid build

I mean I'm not really picky, and as long as I can rice it, watch youtube and install a Jow Forums client I'm happy.

Got a Nokia 8 two months ago. Last update broke the microphone. Whenever I call someone, it sounds like I'm blowing in to the phone whenever I'm quiet. The only fix is to switch to speaker mode, or hands free.

1. Sending it in for repairs only fixes the problem temporarily.
2. Switching off HD-calls, Bluetooth and forcing 3G mode had NO EFFECT on the problem.
3. A factory reset did nothing.
4. Nokia refuses to acknowledge this problem, despite their forum being FILLED with people who all have THIS EXACT problem, going back for MONTHS.

And no, I haven't dropped my phone when once during the two months that I owned it. I never even put it down "slightly to hard" on a table.

>tldr; Don't by Nokia phones! They break their own phones with updates, and refuses to fix or acknowledge them.

Attached: Nokia-8-Image.jpg (1600x941, 198K)

>Bluetooth
yeah nah, fuck that

Look at the bezel on that absolute unit

Motorola Moto Z

I meant
>[...] dropped my phone even once [...]
God! We phone posters really are retarded.

>b-but bluetooth and adapters
I want a headphone jack, therefore it is a non-negotiable requirement.

Attached: 10 Common Email Mistakes (And Likely Reactions) [GIFs] _ Salesforce Pardot.gif (508x289, 623K)

This.

>>/spg/