Okay I tried using my ipad as an ereader for a couple weeks and my eyes are bleeding...

Okay I tried using my ipad as an ereader for a couple weeks and my eyes are bleeding. I thought eyestrain was a meme but it turns out it's not, after like an hour my eyes are dying from staring at it even with the brightness at 0.

What ereader stops this and is the best to use? I do most of my reading at night, in the dark so I need one with some kind of light.

Attached: 1516470344905.jpg (560x318, 37K)

Yep, get yourself a e-reader. I use a Kobo Aura, thinking about getting a Kindle but I want other people's opinions about it first.

I know dude, I get big screen phones for reading, but after a couple years of this I'm REALLY tired of not having a normal fucking ereader.
Thankfully we sell them at work and I can buy one at wholesale cost so I might pick one up soon here.

In the meantime you can use color warmth to reduce the blue from the screen, that helps your eyes a lot.

Regular e-reader (no backlight) and a clip-on light

I'm seeing the Kindle Paperwhite has some valuable features at a good price and has a built in light (front light routed to the screen, not backlight, to save your eyes) and 300 DPI resolution, and a big display, so one of the best picks for PDFs, great if you download from gen.lib.rus.ec a lot.

Have the same problem and recently bought a Kobo Aura H2O. It has a light temperature adjustment so it’s actually really easy to read on at night (actually lulls me to sleep unlike a phone). You might also want to raise the text size, makes things easier too. That combo of reddish frontlight (not backlight) and big text size made reading honestly nicer than on a book.

Get a kindle. Best one for me personally is the first edition Voyage since it fits in my pockets. They don't make them in that size anymore though. Best value for money is probably the Paperwhite.

Warner light sounds very comfy indeed. Haven't been bothered by the kindle lighting, however.

>I thought eyestrain was a meme
It is a meme but you memed yourself into thinking it wasn't. Do you get the same eye strain from reading websites on an LCD for an hour? Why should reading a book on one be different? It's completely psychosomatic.

I've got a first gen paper white and it serves me well. Only reason i'd upgrade is to get something with an orange backlight for night reading.

emperor bezos thanks you for your service: an empty piss milk jug has been deposited to your cage

I was a little native to the extent of Amazon's evil back when i bought it. And i'm not principled enough to toss it due to it.

Anyone have any reccomendations for manga?

Just me personally but i find the 6" devices too small for manga, you'd ideally want 8" or so.

i use the same paperwhite for the last 5 years, man this bad boy is amazing

The future is “access not ownership”. Millennials don’t own their Kindle, they watch ads. We don’t subscribe to cable television, we subscribe to Amazon Prime Unlimited Music Kindle Fresh. We don’t read the ebooks we want, we ask Amazon for permission to pay to rent approved books.

Attached: 1536801799700.png (430x441, 86K)

Enjoy every utterance, every breath, every verbalised thought being secretly recorded and being sent to the great amazon cloud, where the real alexa system is profiling everyone in the world, deciding who will live and die.

I don't care if you say "but i turn my wifi off", every kindle has the 3g built in, its just not turned on at a user level if you didn't buy the "model" with it included.

Most of my book collection is pirated, so. whatever.

ahh, i'm sure the 3g will work without simcard

DO NOT BUY A KINDLE. Get an android e-ink device with a decent amount of RAM. I've owned 2 different Kindle models and they both couldn't handle larger PDFs. Kindles are only good for .mobi/e.pub/.txt

Oh shit i was wrong, just kill me senpai

seriously, those things are a crap. They crash all the time, the browsing experience is limited not by the e-ink display, but by the amount of RAM and you can't sideload any apps. I fell for the free 3G meme but I would trade them for an Android-based e-ink reader (which you, as the user, can actually control) in a heartbeat.

Attached: IMG_20180916_104428.jpg (4160x3120, 3.32M)

I have the lowest lvl pocketbook and it is sufficient for reading

where are the suggestions then, user? Also I was annoyed, I looked around for large sized e-ink readers for reading things that aren't small book pdf/epubs, and the only shit available was old as hell as cost like $1500.

haven't researched the latest e-ink readers yet, the BOOX Max2, maybe? The specs look good but I haven't watched any reviews and I don't know if it supports 3rd party apps

onyx boox with android 6

Any e-readers that are good with audio books? I like to listen while I read.

I have a paperwhite because it's a very nice piece of hardware and nice software, I pirate most of the stuff because I don't want to give more money to fucking Amazon than necessary.

I do