What was the last time you (((upgraded))) your phone?

What was the last time you (((upgraded))) your phone?

Attached: iPhoneXS-launch.jpg (1000x669, 122K)

don't do it unless you hate women

Attached: DnDu-tXXcAAuNq6.jpg (718x1062, 79K)

Feminists are not women.

I licked a negro once

last month i got a oneplus 6
upgrading from a Samsung RugbyIII SGH-A997

2 weeks ago i upgrade fro. An LG treasure($80 walmart prepaid) to a S7
Not really worth it imo, but it's a lot more usable.

Attached: 0b421f14e8416f8c5cb876218c030df2a053168956542770b7b874c392677e01.jpg (530x598, 165K)

Went from an HTC Desire 626S to an LG Stylo 4 last month.
Fuck notches.

2 years ago, bought a p9 lite for 200€.
Dont want to waste money on silly things like phones

left my xz1 in my car while underway. heat fucked up battery, so when i got back, it wouldnt last more than 12hrs on a charge, down from 2 days+ before. sent to sony, replaced under warranty, but they said itd take like a month+, so got an LG g7 in august? its nice.

got sony back and gave it to my mom to replace her lumia 535

How do you like it?

Two years ago I upgraded my iPhone 4s to a 6s, will keep this for at least another year / until it dies. Then I’ll get whatever is the generation before the current one at the time.

why would you pay anything more than 200 obamabucks max for a generic glassminum slab consumer mediaconsumption&spydevice? why is Jow Forums obsessed with this shit (muh multiple cameras) and willing to throw 500 usd or more on these things, especially when they often cannot be rooted and therefore have jewgleplayservices botnet scraped out?

Attached: 1534740198092.jpg (283x324, 20K)

I'm still rocking a Galaxy Note 3
Works fine

Yesterday. I was waiting to see what the new iPhones were going to be. Pic related.

Attached: Screenshot_20180916-150435_CPU-Z.jpg (1440x2960, 432K)

2 years ago i went from samsung galaxy to iphone 7plus.

i like it, it takes great pictures and video with goo built in editing stuff. my only complaint is that in group texts, the partisipents are all the same color and you cant their number or info on the messages so it is very confusing who is talking. i guess i can get a third party text msg program, but it seems like it should be an easy fix for a problem on their end.

3 years ago.
Went from a 2012 Samsung Galaxy Ace to a 2015 Moto G 3, for a whole 300AUD.
Hoping it'll hold out till 2020 or so, got Lineage on it for now.

2014 Moto X to an iPhone 6S in May 2016.

Still going strong. Not in any rush to upgrade to a £750-£1000 phone.

What's the point of high end phones?

Attached: 1496700043599.gif (500x505, 878K)

cca 2 years ago, from z3 compact (screen failed) to mi5.
as long as this phone works, there's no need to upgrade

bragging, status, more money than brains, using daddies money, "needing" the latest apple product because.
did i miss anything?

5 years ago. Iphone 4 to note 3.

A little over two years ago

i still have the iphone 5. shits slow as fuck now with apps and i cant even upgrade the ios lol.

>better photos
>up to date software
>better performance
>better screen
>probably a much longer battery life if it's not an iphone
>premium build quality
>will be up to date for at least two years
>cool new hardware and software features

Better screen, performance, photos, battery life, support, etc.

Gotta pay a premium if you want premium features, user.

I upgraded from Nexus 5 recently because battery was shit and baby yaga power button.
Currently using OnePlus 5T, little bit bigger other than that loving it.

having disposable income

From a redmi note 3 to a redmi note 5 earlier this year. Fuck paying a week's salary for a phone

you cant starve yourself for a week?

bit more than 4 years ago. i'm still using my opo and will continue to do so, especially since it has big community/xda support

Downgrade and jaikbreak

dunno how. dont want to risk breaking shit. also want to resell later for like $100 lol

next friday

Attached: android.png (819x650, 73K)

none of these things are actually better
they're all using same chips, screens

2 years ago

>tfw still have another year of updates

Attached: op3t.jpg (324x399, 31K)

december 2015 when i got an iphone 6s plus

thing's due for replacement now but i don't think i'll be buying apple this time, for the price of one iphone tumblr pronoun edition i could have a fucking xiaomi for every day of the week

>tfw government is pocketing $160 due to your fruitlust

the new XR is the best one tho. u could easily sell ur 6s for like $200.

last month

Attached: file.png (534x650, 485K)

>$1800 for a communication device
are these US dollars?

August 2017, Oneplus 5. Wait for 6t to upgrade to but it won't have a headphone jack so it's useless to me. Maybe I'll get a Pocophone or wait for something else entirely now that treble roms are a thing.

*waited

no were talking about dinars you fucking nigger

>go on youtube
>see an apple ad
>fuck it, i don't buy apple shit but I can at least see what stuff they're making
>watch the ad
>literally just two iphones flying across the screen while pop music plays
I just don't understand who purchases Apple shit anymore other than normies who don't know the difference between IOS and Android

people with taste

With shit taste you mean.

>I just don't understand who purchases Apple shit
La "what is a computer" creatura el goblino des americana

They aren't even aware what those things are. They see "an Apple phone" or "a Samsung phone", they have a hard time grasping that there are even different models of those phones.

Upgraded from a RN4 to a Mi A1 after it was yoinked from my pocket in a subway car. I don't think I'm upgrading while this one still works.

the S would imply Singapore

straya, nz and the fucking leaf will all be similar though (currencies all worth about the same, taxes not too different either)

>they have a hard time grasping that there are even different models of those phones.
because the phone store usually only has one or two out on display that they can choose for their next 24 month contract

when i bought my iPhone 6.

NZ here
Xs is 1899 for 64GB,
XsMax is 2099 for 64GB, 2799 for 512GB
its pretty much 1:2 US:NZ, even though in real life it is 1:1.33

Fuck i love apple now

fmd, xs max here in straya is 1799 to 2369

we've got less gst and a slightly better exchange rate afaik

also what the fuck, these things cost more than my first car

When I accidentally bricked my phone back around early 2016

I just grabbed a note 9 for 1600 NZ, I was looking to go from a 6s+ to the 256GB 6.5" Xs, but when I saw the price, i realised that they are just milking the sheep now. There are literally no updates besides a bigger screen, and they want an extra $1000.

>i realised that they are just milking the sheep now
every year they bump the price a bit to see how far they can go

dunno if i can live with samsung's bloat again, my time with a galaxy s2 put me off that (nice phone after you tossed samshit for a custom rom). probably gonna end up with a nokia or some other 'clean' android one midrange unit so i can have my wallet milked by nvidia instead

does it count as an upgrade if I only bought a cheap chinkphone as a backup just in case my s5 breaks after 3 years? (and surprise, that's exactly what it did)

The reason I'd consider one is for longevity. For once, I'd like to just buy a phone I can keep for 5 years with no problems. I've done this with computers, I don't know why it's so hard with smartphones.

about four years ago, from Galaxy S1 to S4

>there are people who would rather starve than have a slightly older/cheaper phone

When the iPhone X released. Will upgrade to Xs Max.

My wife Noel a cute.

Enjoy being a massive fag

Four years ago. I would have probably preferred an OLED screen but it still works perfectly well and is supported by LOS.
(you)

Attached: oneplus-one-press-shots-3.jpg (1824x1920, 753K)

1+5(not t) is a direct upgrade. Not the newer ones, fuck this round cornered/notched garbage.

Early 2018 I bought I pixel 2xl

My iPhone Xs Max will be here next week

no it won't

I don't have to starve myself to buy a phone lmao, it just seems like a terrible use of my money

Attached: Screenshot_20180916-164023_AIDA64.jpg (1440x2960, 675K)

I upgrade when my old phone stops working. I only got an iphone 7 last year, which was an upgrade from a HTC sensation. Before that I had a nokia 1110.

Everyone shits on them here, but iPhones are legitimately the longest lasting phones. 4-5 years of software updates, with Android you’re lucky to get 2. Part of the reason for this is that Apple sells last year’s model and the model before that as the cheap models now. Their chipsets are also about a year ahead of the competition.

>Everyone shits on them here
That is because everyone on here is 14-20 with no job and no money and plays video games.

If you don't get one in time the other kids in school are going to bully you. (っ◞◟c)

Attached: 1528039707202.webm (1280x720, 692K)

I bought an iPhone X with 256GB storage space, three months ago, I'll probably keep it for the next 3-4 years.

Attached: 1531492712158.png (1000x1000, 360K)

Last year went from an LG Optimus l7 to a doogee mix 2.
Damn fine upgrade

apple control every aspect of the iphone so they can easily keep older kit up to date

on the android side of things, updates usually have to go through the carrier or manufacturer (or both) and they don't really give a fuck about supporting devices for long

Redpilled asf my dude. Gas the Poorfags.

Yes it will

Right, but you know it’s really bad when pixel and nexus devices aren’t any better off.

I """upgrade""" my phone under two circumstances:

- no longer operational and cost of repair is not worth it using the cost metric "monthly cost until device is EOL"
- device has been declared EOL by OEM and no longer receives sec updates

Stopped giving a shit what shiny toy I have in my pocket long ago. Android devices have worked so hard to become locked down overpriced shit since the Nexus 5 that they are almost indistinguishable from the itoy down to their physical design and software support lifecycle. It's pitiful, the shameless copying that has become the standard.

when nexus got rebranded to pixel it stopped being a good line imo. Pricepoint went up to standard flagship and sec support is ~3 years for a phone that just mimics what the latest itoy is doing.
Nexus was amazing price:performance. The N5 had specs that stood up to flagships of its time for a good fraction of the price.

I have a 6s.

Next will be a Sony Xperia XZ2 (water resistance + wireless charging) or the Librem 5.

Got a LG V20 with 10000mah battery and 256GB microSD. Has a decent DAC, dual camera and also has a second screen above which is a cool little gimmick.

I have baby hands. It's pathetic. I've got an iPhone 6s and I plan to keep it for as long as I can

Shoe shopping is hard too since my feet are small. Nobody carries 6.5/7 anymore

Attached: 1322282100992.jpg (336x490, 33K)

take your pills user.

a month ago. got the iphone 8. no ragrets. the iphone 10 lines are way too big for my hands

Going from samsung note 3 to lg v20 cause it was so slow. Both bought used.

Got 256gb iPhone 8 unlocked back in January. Might sell for the XR

all placebo shit, especially photos, enjoy emptying your wallet for nothing

So, ideal penis size is under 6 inch?

Forgot to mention I'm waiting for camera quality comparison since the 8 is 12MP 1.2um pixel size and the XR is 1.4 and if they use the same lenses (likely) they take better quality stills in normal lighting conditions than the 2017 iPhone X

....for holding in their hand?

iphones don't have vibrate function?

it’s called the Taptic Engine tyvm

What is dual sim called?

Funny how google decided to turn nexus into “”pixel”” by painting it white and thought they could turn up the price 3x and sell it.