Excuse me, what the fuck

Attached: Capturar.png (591x502, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kaspersky.com/blog/beware-of-vulnerable-anti-theft-applications/3837/
bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/683542/eset-detection-of-computrace-variants-in-uefi-hp-drive-encryption-software/
threatpost.com/millions-of-pcs-affected-by-mysterious-computrace-backdoor-2/107700/
absolute.com/en/partners/oem/toshiba
security.stackexchange.com/questions/53698/detecting-and-removing-absolute-persistance-technology
absolute.com/en/partners/oem/lenovo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LoJack_for_Laptops
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>winpoojeet problems

lol antivirus

Haha good meme friend!! Really enjoyed you saying that meme thing from the fallout!! You're so cool dude don't even think about committing suicide!!!!!

>computrace
flip it off faget

kaspersky.com/blog/beware-of-vulnerable-anti-theft-applications/3837/

No, it's related to the laptop manufacturer (Toshiba in my case) and anti-theft embbeded in it's BIOS I think

bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/683542/eset-detection-of-computrace-variants-in-uefi-hp-drive-encryption-software/

threatpost.com/millions-of-pcs-affected-by-mysterious-computrace-backdoor-2/107700/

>manufacturer installs backdoor into the UEFI
>antivirus picks it up
>dont worry guys, its just a false positive. its picking up some anti theft stuff

At least, all of these model families have it: absolute.com/en/partners/oem/toshiba

Obviously it is a backdoor

The only real solution here is to melt the entire laptop and bury it.

Should have bought an ThinkPad

Should have installed Gentoo

You only have yourself to blame.

How to Disable the CompuTrace Laptop BIOS on a Toshiba?

CompuTrace is tracking software, developed by Absolute, that allows you to recover and restore missing or stolen computer systems. Some Toshiba laptops come with this application. You cannot manually remove CompuTrace from your Toshiba laptop; instead, contact Absolute HelpDesk for the removal process. Use an administrative account to perform this task.
Instructions

1 - Locate the serial number of your Toshiba laptop at the bottom of your laptop. It will say “Serial No” followed by the actual serial number, which is a combination of letters and numbers. Write down the serial number on a piece of paper.

2 - Navigate to “CompuTrace Support” webpage (see Resources). Click the “Click here” link under “Log in to your account.”

3 - Use your Absolute username and password and click “Login.” This opens a request form.

4 - Type “CompuTrace removal” in the provided box for the request form. Type the serial number of your computer in the corresponding field. Also, provide your email address. Click the “Submit” button.

5 - Wait for a confirmation email from Absolute. It notes that your request has been processed.

6 - Connect your Toshiba laptop to the Internet.

Once you do this, Absolute automatically removes CompuTrace from your laptop.

Attached: 6655571711_8e6d54e899.jpg (400x261, 19K)

security.stackexchange.com/questions/53698/detecting-and-removing-absolute-persistance-technology

ThinPads also suffer from this problem.
absolute.com/en/partners/oem/lenovo

are you retard? Never activate unwanted software protection if you use ESET. a lot of pain.

Not for me. It even automatically removes toolbars from installer packages without removing the intaller.

True. I fucking hate these pajeets who think they know it all

Never have an issue about toolbar things on free installer. that mean you're sloppy.

am I wrong?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LoJack_for_Laptops

Yeah, but they give you the option to disable it and to disable it permanently.

Isn't Web 4.0 just the best?

Attached: buzzwords.jpg (720x959, 180K)

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

>memeset

Better than any other anti-malware suite

I bet you use CCleaner.

>anti-malware suite
Holy fucking shit you're retarded.

No, I don't. lol

Tell me better software then

You're the retard here mate

why does antivirus detect computrace but not windows?

Holy fuck, thanks for this post

What do you mean?

Attached: Capturar2.png (1232x24, 4K)

nice rootkit

>2018
>using antivirus

EFI was a mistake

Are you fucking retarded?

>Anti-virus are finally detecting Intel Management Engine as malware

thank fuck

please elaborate.

>being this much of a normie to get the reference
Haha, kys friend!

This has nothing to do with intel ME.

>August 11, 2014

This problem exists for more than 10 years yet nobody talks about it.

I have the most updated BIOS driver yet I suffer from this issue.

how do i check mi BIOS?

Why the fuck would you use anti-virus? Are you literally retarded?

Jow Forums, what the fuck should I do
I have 3 laptops with this gay ass computrace bullshit

stop buying laptops, only underage fags do that

First time I heard of this, how can I disable it? Or what search terms can I use to find out how to disable it?

Here:

Jow Forums cares more than Jow Forums

>FBI installs backdoor on your PC, "there's only one way to remove it". You need to call our subcontractor (CompuServe), give them admin access to your PC and they will remove it.

I call bullshit

i'll just leave this here

Sorry for the late answer, but there was an Option in the BIOS. It was on a ThinkPad E470.

>this kills the thinkpad autist

>Macfag didn't read thread because of ADHD

>he thinks I'm a macfag
lole

Its under Security -> Anti-Theft -> Computrace
On a Thinkpad E470 with the 1.95 Bios.

Install Gentoo

business's definitely don't benefit from being able to track their lent hardware right? it must be an NSA scheme (pro-tip: they don't need computrace when they have back-doors in firmware lel)

common sense 2012, malwarebytes if you're retarded

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

>pajeetOS

Attached: 10890513_1400540290240348_1460235940_n.jpg (640x640, 27K)

firmware level. it doesn't only run windows executable.

if you buy a new har drive and flash your bios, the backdoor will install itself again

executables* hard drive*

I was able to disable it this way on a Inspiron 5548 as well. But it wasn't activated anyways so not sure if it mattered.

My stepdad gave me a key for ESET for my computer, I usually dont use anti viruses but he insisted on me trying it and in a way forced me to download it
Is it at least not malware ridden?