What the fuck is going on with SSD prices? Why do they keep going down every other week?

What the fuck is going on with SSD prices? Why do they keep going down every other week?

Attached: 1.png (772x144, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dramexchange.com/WeeklyResearch/Post/2/5092.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good point, I haven't even noticed.

Since half a year ago, a 860 EVO @ 500GB has halved its price. Neat, actually.

Any one know the reason for sudden price drops?

Because supply and demand. SSDs are becoming more desirable now that they are more reliable, controllers are faster to handle extremely large differences in the speed, and nvme on the motherboard has gained interest of users.

Then why does the price drop

jews

They be producing more uv dat shyt.

if demand is going up, the price should be rising. or do they figure they can lower the price and sell two?

Dunno. I bought a 120GB one the other day to use as a boot drive, since it was only £19/$25 and will free up the 1TB one I'm using right now.

>Any one know the reason for sudden price drops?
supply exceeds demand

QLC is launching soon, shops are clearing stock.

Look it's science, I don't gotta explain shit.

Demand and widespread implementation -> new fabs are built that produce a lot of ssd - > prices drop

So why are DRAM prices just going up and up? It's not like demand for that is new.

Billions of people buying a new smartphones every few years and dram being a 3 company oligopoly that colluded together to drive prices up. This is 2nd time they did that.

This
AND QLC is making SSDs become even more cheaper per Gb

dramexchange.com/WeeklyResearch/Post/2/5092.html
>On the other hand, the impact of the CPU shortage may also expand to the NAND Flash market. The insufficient supply would cause PC OEMs’ lower expectations of notebooks demand in the upcoming busy season, thus affecting the demand for SSD in the second half of the year. Therefore, TrendForce expects the SSD price decline to be steeper in 4Q18 than in this quarter.

Redpillme on QLC flash memory.
Google didn't bring anything.

I heard that the Chinese started to build factories and they try to compete and possibly kill them off the market.

Lifes easy when you don't respect patents and pay workers 2€ and hour.

Yeah I'm really curious what the Chinese will do once cheap automation kicks in.

Is there anything that we can't blame Jews for?

maybe i can finally get some big ssds at a reasonable price. i want to get rid of these loud hdds but im not going to pay 1000€/tb for it

The prices seem to be around 0.2€/gb atm.
When I bought an ssd 5 years ago it was about 0.9€/gb.

you can literally buy 500 GB for only 60$ in Asia

Provide coordinates of the new fabs and proof that they're actually new. Otherwise you're talking out of your ass.

QLC NAND will store 4 bits per cell rather than the 2 bits per cell TLC and 3 bits per cell MLC NAND. Cells only have a certain amount of times they can be written to so storing more bits in a cell is trading capacity for longevity.

>SSDs are becoming more desirable now that they are more reliable

WTF you going on about? SSD's have always been reliable. Hell, I got an SSD from 2011 that's used daily and hasn't given me a lick of trouble. I have 2 other SSD's that never given me any problem over the years. Mechanical drives, on the other hand, have died on me consistently.

They'll kill or force their population to code like India for 2 dollars an hour

They already did the population kill shit for the past 25 years. The one child policy will be breaktaking to observe in the next 30 years. China will probably drop in population by maybe 2/3rds because so many parents just threw girl kids into the trash can as they wanted to pass on the family name with a male child. Gender demographics are fucked hardcore.

>SSD's have always been reliable.
Newfag spotted. Some controllers are well known to be shit and made many SSDs stop working.

You're a retard TRIPLE LEVEL CELL is three, MULTI LEVEL CELL is two.

It's in the name you idiot.

SSD aren't shitcoins, you should be glad they're finally getting cheaper

Attached: 1537018711907.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

got an 840 pro for 70 yuroshekels, did i get ripped off?

used 840 pro 240gb*

this is a weird thread. like it would be a bad thing that they stop being overpriced

Attached: 2.png (1352x498, 310K)

if you have a HD i feel bad for you son

i got 99 problems but mechanical drives aint one

>he doesnt enjoy the whirr of dozens of rust disks as they spin up

Kek my Seagate drive is still alive and spinning after 6 years. My first ssd died after two months that's why I'll never buy a Crucial ssd again.

Delete this

That only applies if supply is fixed.

why are you complaining?
are you working for hynix?

>kissanime
kys

The chinese are here.

Attached: 1521344288866.png (382x402, 248K)

Please leave and never come back.

jews scamming people to put their data on "storage" that will last less than 5 years. meanwhile hdd will last 30+ years