Sony products used to be so AESTHETIC

Sony products used to be so AESTHETIC

what the fuck happened?

Attached: 1511709091590.jpg (800x565, 41K)

better products and smartphones

>better
nah mate, industrial designed died when Sony's AESTHETICS died.

race to the bottom happened

sony as a company went down the shitter. they stopped innovating after the FED debacle and investing too much into movies and music. Playstation is the only thing keeping them afloat and that's despite the retarded actions of its senior officers.

>Playstation is the only thing keeping them afloat and that's despite the retarded actions of its senior officers.
fuck off newfag
>not knowing Sony makes the most cash from their insurance division in Japan

>not being a fucking weeb

The 00s were the most AESTHETIC decade yet.

Attached: 1528991778539.jpg (2400x1500, 306K)

fuck that's a nice building

financial services is steady (1.3% increase in revenue), but playstation is the only growing division. they're hemorrhaging money out of movies and components while losing growth in nearly every other division (besides semiconductors, but that operates at a loss anyway).

People 20 years ago wanted products with as many functions as possible. People today want products that "just werk" and are magical, even if that means removing features

Attached: pyxis.jpg (1024x768, 333K)

too pricy.
i bought a carbon fiber vaio z during the firesale though.
shit so cash.

what are you smoking?
almost all phones are using sony cmos sensors.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-16-14-10-13.jpg (1080x1920, 322K)

no one is talking features here, but the visual design of products.

Nobody wanted the aesthetic Sony products. They voted with their money and Sony had no choice but to change their demographic.

it doesn't matter how much they're selling, a company can still not be making a profit or enough revenue if their expenses are too high. which sony's are. check their corporate statements before you rely on anecdotal evidence.

Sony is retarded. They haven't made a good decision in over a decade. They actually had a chance to buy Apple at one point and decided not to.

Thing is, they were unable to make product that could function properly. For example their Xperia z was a disaster and melted from it's own heat.

>Xperia z
this is modern sony you mong

More like people that were into tech shit were few and the products more niche and less serialized.

sony rootkit happened

nah, irrelevant

They what?

Attached: ECAA9A1B-DC6B-4E84-A2E6-3DC9D0FD28B5.jpg (4032x3024, 1.8M)

Their high end products are still good
I'm using a VAIO Pro 13 now, no problems. And unlike pretty much all other ultrabooks, I only need to unscrew around 8 philips, and pry open the carbon fiber cover to access/clean the internals.

>VAIO
Sony stopped that shit for years

I miss Sony Ericsson. Their phones were really good.

I have an old sony all in one, like this. Sony puts SOME of the drivers online, the others (like for the remote and tv tuner) are nowhere to be found, but they'll sell you a driver disc.

Attached: sony-vaio-pcv-v200g-all-in-one-1-10-p4-2-8-ghz-ram-512-mb-hdd-1-10-120-gb-dvd-writer-real256-mdm-wla (830x467, 20K)