Why cant we all just use windows 10 and forget about the linux distributions shitshow that would work half the time and...

Why cant we all just use windows 10 and forget about the linux distributions shitshow that would work half the time and half the time will break with every update
Except for pure server side os using linux is extremely retarded

Attached: b3e71d6914.jpg (670x368, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2017/C9R11
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: GIF.gif (330x670, 1.02M)

This issue never effect me OP.

Ok I'll use windows 10. Can you link to the source code so I can compile it myself, and remove any potentially unwanted features such as telemetry and ads?

Stop using Arch.

Sure you already can do that user.

>waterfox
that's a yikes from me

I tried it, didn't like it and now I use Linux, because it works just fine for me. Why would I want to switch back to Windows?

What an idiot you are..

Attached: 1536729008391.png (604x692, 323K)

>said the roastie

I've used ubuntu since 2012 with literally 0 problems.

windows sends your data directly to the nsa

Attached: anan.jpg (600x400, 28K)

I can compile windows 10 myself? Cool didn't know that, where is the source code link?

How do i compile joy guys ?

I meant about removing the telemetry and other nonsense.

So full of shit

>TFW NO ANA DE ARMAS GF

Attached: 1514267623550[1].webm (1920x796, 1.89M)

Gif is shady why they didnt searched with a B instead of a b

She's closed source.

>tfw femanon and """her""" comrades will never smear novichok on your door handle

Attached: mfw.jpg (150x150, 3K)

I really doubt that, without people having access to the source they will just find new ways to add more bullshit back in because of forced auto updates.

Pick up your waifus

Attached: iyZJiyO.jpg (1322x1407, 541K)

Turn off auto-updates then?

Because everything about Windows 10 is terrible and you should fuck off back to /v/, retard.

Not feasible because security patches are necessary

Why is that exactly? You complain that auto-updates will correct telemetry settings yet you trust it to keep you protected? Get real.

windows is EOL and so is macos everything's moving to subscription saas & mobile GNU is the futur

No, I don't trust it which is why I don't use it. But if users have no way to install bug fixes without also getting telemetry, then it isn't secure.
The only way a non-technical user can know it's secure is if any independent party is allowed to audit the source code.

this. Holy shit op you must be so mad you aren't a ricing god

Bug fixes... You really live in a little bubble, don't you user?

You keep posting this yet you’re the only one who has ever had this issue

my selection remains unchanged

you forget what happened to your Pic Related OP?
>all in one basket = single point of complete fail

No. I'm still waiting for the link to the Windows 10 source code.

No but you do, you keep on being a tool of fear-mongering.

Not him, but you're fucking retarded.

Windows is garbage, I feel bad for you if you're too lazy and ignorant to learn how to use linux properly.

Most of these people complaining about 'OMG UPDATE BORKED MY PC' are retards who read copypaste all the commands after googling 'HOW DO I DO X :(', and fuck all sorts of shit up because they don't have a clue what they're doing.

>linux distributions shitshow that would work half the time and half the time will break with every update
You meant to say Windows right?

Can you cite for me where I said I didn't use Linux please? Thanks.

its an OOF from me. OOF! OOF!!!!

Why cant we all just use GNU/Linux and forget about the windows 10 shitshow that thinks it owns your hardware and is a proprietary mess of spaghetti code that no one knows how to maintain properly.
Except for grandpas facebook machine using windows 10 is extremely retarded.

Yes, good boy, pay no attention to security flaws and backdoors, they are all fear-mongering. Only a criminal would be interested in those anyway.

>Can you cite for me where I said I didn't use Linux please? Thanks.
Then what are you doing defending Windows 10?

Not all distros use GNU garbage, yet all of them use the Linux kernel.
So just call it Linux.

Windows is a piece of shit but desktop lunix is even worse.

I have no problem with people who want to call it just Linux. In my post i was referring to distros that contain gnu tools.
Who cares. Its a non-issue.

0/10

rights given by the GPL and the philosophy behind it is what matters for users not the fucking kernel just look at android

Not all distros of GNU use the bloated Linux kernel. So just call it GNU.

(You)

the overwhelming majority of distros use gnu and the issue isn't with distro that use busybox/musl (which are the exceptions to prove the rule) but with distros using gnu that don't adequately mention it
if you're so autistic enough to want to correct that though I suggest looking into using a *BSD variant

Based

You can't. Cool; just thought I'd check.

>Can you cite for me where I said I didn't use Linux please? Thanks.
>Then what are you doing defending Windows 10?
>You can't. Cool; just thought I'd check.
How is this at all relevant to my question and why did you think it would be a good "gotcha"?

OH YES OF COURSE, YOU SHOULD HAVE TO TYPE IN THE EXACT STRING OF WHAT YOU WANT TO SEARCH FOR WITH ALL UPPER/LOWER CASE, THAT'S COMPLETELY REASONABLE

Why would I trust an independent party?

>non-technical user
Non-technical users evidently give two-shits about security other than running malwarebytes.

no, fuck no.
i constantly have this issue:
whenever i want to search for a program, it's always the same shit: 80% of the times is windows 10 settings or related shit that i don't care, the other 19.9% are pictures/videos that contain the keyword in their filename, and MAYBE, JUST MAYBE the fucking the fucking thing that i was looking for.
Oh, and let's not forget that 8/10 times the start menu stops working and instead of dropping down from the top (my start bar is on the top) it pops up from the bottom (as if my start bar was there), and when i click on it it just disappears.
My biggest mistake was installing windows 10 over 7, wich worked perfectly fine. It wasn't the best, i know, but it's far better and more usable than 10.

Stop pirating windows

>yikesposting

i have a legit w10 pro key

Dodged the question here and with your post. When you provide accurate citation for your claims, maybe we can continue this discussion.

Until then, get your facts straight before you go putting words in someone else's mouth.

It has since been fixed I think.

that's correct. every windows 10 installation has its own set of issues.

You don't just trust them, you still need to do your research

Do you really think it's just coincidence that security got so bad in the first place?

Windows 7 doesn't have this problem. Also, do you have cute feet? I would be blessed if you could show me your soles?

I hate your posts most of the time because they're just to trigger someone and/or seek for attention.
But this is fine, you dumb cunt.

Great. You use Linux as well, bravo. Now, can you finally answer my question after an hour?
>Then what are you doing defending Windows 10?
And good job on derailing.

Windows 7 is proprietary and should not be used.

>It happens to me so it happens to everyone
Just let it go or fix your shit.

Attached: 1482470902437.jpg (866x866, 87K)

>do your research
Uhh no thanks. Hack me any day.

>the absolute petty stuff linux fags have left to complain about
I couldn't find Borderlands on linux either..

Borderlands runs natively on Linux.

Myself and everyone else is still waiting on that citation.

Because Windows 10 is also a shitshow that work half of the time and break with every update, but it also spy on you.

>we all just use windows 10

Because "we all" (besides you, OP) have > 90 IQ

You mean autism

Well fuck.

I'm done playing.

Good, because it's like arguing with a child.

Arguing? About what? You've derailed and ignored everything that's not in your posts.

>Linux
It's all over, folks
channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2017/C9R11

Still waiting on that citation; maybe you should put more words in my mouth again.

>yfw windows requires case sensitivity absolutely nowhere except the search bar

Attached: why.png (679x427, 6K)

I’ve literally never had this problem and I’ve installed Win10 on multiple PCs, home and pro.

You’re likely fucking with some registry shit or indexing. Granted I don’t use Win10 without Classic Shell, but the many times I’ve used the regular start menu it shows my results, albeit quite slower than the old menu. I’ve never had the issue where my shit just doesn’t show up, like femanon keeps posting. It’s all due to the tweaks and hacks/anti botnet shit you blindly run.

>>tfw femanon and """her""" comrades will never smear novichok on your door handle
Why would you want this?

you have to make sure you "let apps run in the background" if you want search. i found this out the hard way and randomly stumbled on the solution

Why would anyone use Linux or Windows when MacOS exist?
Youʻre not poor are you?

this has been a problem for me since windows 98.

I’m terribly sorry you never learned how to use a computer properly. There are free classes online if you’d like to learn. I suggest you try it out!