When will hard drives finally be put in the trashcan of history?

Attached: 1531846377778.png (274x367, 97K)

>(((SSD)))
>1000 cycles is OK, goyim
No, thanks. I don’t want to sweat every time I have to save something.

I already refuse to buy new HDDs

retard
based

>960GB for 115$
>microcenter has 2 TB hard drives for 50$
hmm

only if your time is worth nothing user

>OS, programs, common files on SSD
>storage on HDD
Why does Jow Forums have to turn everything into a war between two sides when a hybrid solution is the best option?

ive tried using an ssd before and it wasnt even that much faster. its not worth the extremely reduced amount of storage space.

This user knows what's up.

next year the price gap will only be 2x

when price/gb is the same

did you use a sata 2.5 that had read and writes about 200-300mbs?

some of the nvmes are 2500mbs now. Pratically all my pcs hardboot to desktop in like 6 seconds,and shutdown in 4.

nah i used an nvme one. the ssd booted in about 4 seconds while my hard drive booted in about 10 since i dont use a needlessly bloated OS that takes minutes to load.

When SSD is more cheaper and more reliable than HDD.

More than enough for consumers (e.g. 1,000TBW on 1 TB drive is a lot, even 100TBW would be hard to do if you bought a 100GB drive). If it's not enough for you feel free not to buy it.

Sadly I have a 0dB PC. Thankfully I don't hoard data so it's all good in the end.

>0dB
component whine is like 10db+

>Sadly I have a 0dB PC.
What's sad about that? That's my dream.

when you can get a 1tb ssd for $40

because every thread is (You) baiting

5 more years.

This.

I've actually seen braindead retards bragging about storing all of their videos/music on SSDs.

>ssd for offline storage

Attached: .jpg (600x600, 26K)

>0dB PC
So you never turn on your PC, amirite?

I can only hear the PSU in the middle of the night from less than a meter (no headphones/IEMs) and my PSU is supposedly louder than some others (only found the forum that has any info on it after the purchase and I'm not autistic enough to bother now). But you are right, it's not really 0dB.
Any CPU below 95TDP, fanless 1050Ti off the shelf, fanless PSUs for up to 500W. When building from nothing measly 200USD more than same tier non fanless (the heatsink, CR-95C was EOL so it was expensive, if you can live with a 80TDP CPU then there are way cheaper options and you can save at least 50 bucks, only quality PSUs can be fanless and that costs some money, fanless cards are barely more expensive than normal ones) and you get a good PSU in the bargain. Biggest problem aside from more expensive storage, is the low power GPU, but I don't gayyme. I guess you could use two graphics cards and use more powerful one only when gaming.

>tfw got several M2 SSDs, including the OEM version of the evo 960 1TB for free

feels good mane

Give it back Tyrone

too late bb i did my work
but i tell you what
i'll give you a 256 SATA M2 drive if you get trips and give me an email address :^)