Is this why there are no women in tech?

Is this why there are no women in tech?

Attached: 1520289714311.png (831x518, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2018/2/21/17038430/google-james-damore-memo-tim-chevalier-lawsuit-liberal-conservative-backlash
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>trannies influencing anything
i doubt it

i wouldn't fire anyone on the spot in california

If you want to stay profitable, employ only:
- Married women.
- Everyone CIS.
- Less Western Whores and more Slav/Latina/Southern European women and married Asian ones.
- All men except for Poos and Smokeskins, Slavs/Latinos/Asian men for outsourcing.

Just hire all trans, they've got the programming socks. Plus they're more likely to be social outcasts, thus, will spend more time working.

you shouldn't hire women if you want to stay profitable.

Thanks to California law, this woman has no case.

depends

Attached: 1514905729487.jpg (488x700, 57K)

What the fuck is smokeskin?

Woman here. I have been working as a software engineer for ten years now. I have worked on game engines, machine learning, data science, pretty much anything fun.

There’s a push because it honestly is a lot harder grtting into tech as a woman. There’s all these weird hoops like I have to be “one of the guys” to fit in and any sign of femininity is taken as a weakness. For example, most women who have worked in nonfrontend programming I’ve seen over the years avoid makeup or use minimal. They also speek like an octave deeper around teammates than around me. Most women just weren’t encouraged like a lot of men are to get into tech when they do show an interest. I know like some men I had to fight tooth and nail to get where I am today—there’s a disparity here with how accessible tech is made to men vs women. Heck, even on IRC most of the women I know on freenode and the like go to great lengths to conceal the fact that they’re women because people will automatically treat them with less respect.

I have a trans woman friend who confirmed what she experienced as a male in tech and what she experiences passing as a woman in tech. Its very interesting how insecure or jusf plain shitty men get about women doing intellectual things, almost as if it threatens some of them.

All in all I’ve worked with mostly pleasant people but its stupid to pretend this reality doesnt exist and that women have less opportunity to succeed in tech than men om average.

Like my male friend who I just taught to code just got a high paying job which took me years ro get to that point when i was on my own.

Yes there are womens reachout orgs that help women get into tech, but the reason they exist is because texh is currently an extremely masculine space. I know that sounds absurd but if uve ever worked with a mostly female team vs a mostly male team ull notice differences. I wish tech to be more accessible and pleasant for all.

I'm a woman too. Tell me some of your creepy nerd stories.

>hires crazy troon
>not satisified with his diversity quota, wants to hire someone with literally no experience
>previous diversity hire spergs out about new diversity hire
>previous diversity hire now fired
>diversity hire now suing for failure to meet diversity quota
business owner brought this on himself.

That’s sweet of the company to do.

protip: hire female Indian DBAs, there's a million of them and they're not bad. They will never try to pull a diversity card on you.

Why are you copy-pasting cringe reddit posts?

I'm a male that's terrible at socializing.
If I had to work in an environment where a bunch of attractive girls walked around talking to me it would just be a constant spaghetti downpour and zero work getting done.
The fact that I'd know for a fact that they'd just be pretending to socialize with me (and that without them being paid to do so they wouldn't even look at me) would be pretty demoralizing desu.
But maybe that's just me.

they aren't pretending, they are trying to score a husband

So instead of girls socializing with me because they're tasked to do so as part of their job, they're socializing with me because they want my money/status/whatever (since it's obvious that they're not attracted to my looks or personality).
Even if that was true, it would be even worse.

>So instead of girls socializing with me because they're tasked to do so as part of their job, they're socializing with me because they want my money/status/whatever
so how things have been since likely the start of civilization?
males have historically been the providers, and only in recent years has this changed. what's the big deal?

I saw this copy pasta in the last thread, and I swear there were less newlines.

this guy get's it

I fucking hate transgender faggots so damn much
They're absolutely retarded and disgusting

Where are the girl(male) cheerleaders

That in this case it's so blatant and offputting.
Traditionally a woman would look for a provider, but she would also choose a provider that she would like as a person, and if she didn't (so she just looked for a provider with a lot of money or status) she would be regarded as a gold digger.
Scenarios like this where the woman is exclusively attracted to things that the man instead of things that the man make it seem like a transaction where the man is being used.
Not much unlike an old man getting a mail order bride from the Philippines.

I can't imagine marrying a woman and potentially living the rest of my life with her (kissing and having sex with her), knowing that she's disgusted by me.
Having someone that loves you or at least likes you is so much better, and having a fake relationship like that would only be a constant reminder of my inability to get an actual relationship.

>hire mentally I'll person
>Surprised when they act deranged.

Gee I wonder how this whole situation could have been avoided

>he doesn't know about the state of open source development

Attached: autism.webm (264x360, 1.03M)

they are in the weeb industry

Attached: 1526889081048.jpg (768x1024, 64K)

>Woman here.
doubt

Attached: tumblr_m0y2p6ihel1r4n4uoo1_500.jpg (500x700, 129K)

That's how all chinamen act.

>Traditionally a woman would look for a provider, but she would also choose a provider that she would like as a person, and if she didn't (so she just looked for a provider with a lot of money or status) she would be regarded as a gold digger.
Did you like, skip all your lessons about arranged marriage and dowry?

I understand why women would not want to get into tech. Because you have to releawrn new languages constantly. It's much easier to get into a medical field

Shut the fuck up, slut

That is something that's forced and certainly an example of what I wouldn't like.
Perhaps I shouldn't have said "traditionally" (since different cultures have had their ways to force marriages like this) but something like "naturally".
Sorry, I'm not a native speaker.

Shut the fuck up, roastie

London
o
n
d
o
n

Then stop being so disgusting. You do realize almost every girl not living in a third world country puts a huge amount of effort into their appearance and sexual attractiveness? If you did that too maybe you could actually be proud of yourself.

Tits or gtfo

Attached: 1451410012602.jpg (400x400, 10K)

I 100% agree with you.
I'm not faulting any girl for not being attracted to me.
I'm just saying that if it's so obvious that she's not attracted to me, while also trying to pursue a relationship with me, I woldn't really enjoy her company (even if I would if I thought she actually liked me) and I would feel exploited the whole time.
Every kiss and every interaction I would have in the back of my mind that she's hiding her disgust and she's always acting a part.
Who would like that?

Even if she's not really disgusted but just not attracted, it would just be a milder version of the same problem.

Yeah. Shit's tough, but I think its just a mindset you have to grow out of. And honestly, you become more attracted to someone once you get in a relationship with them, its not as bad as you think. But I totally understand where you are coming from, I was like that for a while.

What do you mean grow out of the mindset?
Like convince myself that it's not that bad and better than nothing?

>And honestly, you become more attracted to someone once you get in a relationship with them
But I would never know for sure if that's the case, since the relationship would from the very start be based on a lie (her pretending to like me), so I would never be able to trust that she's not pretending to like me.

Convince yourself that its not true, because unless you're in a really bad relationship it isn't. People just... don't really think like that. If you can't convince yourself, then just start working out, get some nice sunshine, get a nice haircut, and use some facial products. Because its hard to change your mindset if something external in your life does not change. Otherwise i'm worried you will be unhappy with yourself, and your relationship should you ever get into one, forever which would be very bad.

hahahahahahahaa HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

same. although i pity them in a way, this fucking clown world has made mental illness skyrocket. it's part of the subversion.

>Convince yourself that its not true, because unless you're in a really bad relationship it isn't. People just... don't really think like that.
What do you mean?
That gold diggers don't hide their lack of attraction for money/status?

>If you can't convince yourself, then just start working out, get some nice sunshine, get a nice haircut, and use some facial products. Because its hard to change your mindset if something external in your life does not change.
I agree 100%.
It's my fault I'm not attractive and I know I'll have to change that.

>Otherwise i'm worried you will be unhappy with yourself, and your relationship should you ever get into one, forever which would be very bad.
That's not really something I worry about, since ITT I'm just talking about the scenario in which those socially inept programmers are in.
I'm not in that situation because on top of bing ugly and having an unattractive personality, I'm also very poor and have a few debilitating (and potentially incurable) illnesses that would make a relationship next to impossible.
This situation makes it very hard for me to change, unless I first make a lot of money that I'd need to try and fix the big hurdles that make everything else very hard, and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

So, I appreciate your help, you're very kind, but it's not really something that affects me.

Based on how your post was formatted, I actually believe that you're a woman.

Anyway

>There’s a push because it honestly is a lot harder grtting into tech as a woman.
Is bullshit. Getting into tech is far, *far* easier for women. Every company out there is practically frothing at the mouth to hire more women and minorities because m-muh diversity.

The word you're looking for is "uncomfortable". It's outside your comfort zone - you will be challenged, and you (sometimes) can't just rely on being a woman and being attractive to get out of being a shitty worker. Women are, obviously, not used to this.

However I will say I understand the frustration of dealing with guys always wanting to fuck you. I don't "get it" because I'm a guy and that's literally never been a problem for any man ever, but I understand wanting to be taken seriously in your work and instead people just wanting to bang. That would bother me too.

Attached: 1491891645293.jpg (480x405, 32K)

Kek, I remember the first time this was posted in my thread. It's still funny as fuck to read this.

That's the thing though, why even bother doing all of that when girls will pass on you for someone taller, or richer, or even worse a nigger that doesn't even have a job? I'm not gonna say it's pointless to take care of your physical appearance as a male, but it's far better to spend your time doing actual shit to improve your quality of life instead. Otherwise you just come across as a metrosexual faggot that deeply cares how other people view you physically.

not him but improving the way you look does improve your quality of life because not only it feels good to not look like shit, but also people treat you better, give you more opportunities, etc.

well good luck anyways :/

>why even bother...
because it fucking works?
>it's far better to spend your time doing actual shit to improve your quality of life instead
making yourself not look like shit does improve your quality of life... people treat you way better. And you only need to spend like 20 minutes cleaning yourself up, its not a huge time commitment. I mean you should exercise at least 8 hours a week but that also helps your health a shit ton

>well good luck anyways :/
You too my friend.

how hard would be for a latino male, lets say 25 to get a job in tech in the states if he completed school in his home country?
>currently in second year cs in big public university in Costa Rica
>want to move to the US

OP is 100% legally covered. Imagine if you told your boss you "weren't comfortable working around niggers" and then tried to claim discrimination. Completely immaterial to your workplace behavior.

What if you're that retarded white kid that got tortured by four black guys, and got diagnosed with PSTD from it?
Would it be reasonable to ask not to work with blacks if your PSTD gets triggered by them?

Yeah but having PTSD of "interacting with any cis female" is stupid. And she clearly meant "conventionally attractive female" because she is probably just assuming the new hire is CIA, unless the new hire explicitly stated she is non trams.

>because she is probably just assuming the new hire is CIA
Who said anything about them being black?

>If you want to stay profitable
t. guy who stays at his parents' house.

>I can't imagine marrying a woman
Don't worry about it.

Yes, the case in the OP is undoubtedly stupid because the fact that seeing someone without a problem that makes you sad isn't enough reason to force everyone around you to shield you from seeing them and be reminded of your sad problem.
It's like a morbidly obese person who doesn't like to be reminded of their situation, asking their employer to not hire anyone who's not fat.

I was just elaborating on your example.

What country is this in?

These days, you'd probably be better off murdering one of these freaks, rather than firing them. And I mean that in the sense that, the court of law, tends to be more lenient than a gaggle of degenerate trannies on twitter.

If I had to guess? Very difficult if not flat out impossible. I've met guys who were pilots, doctors, programmers, and what not in their home countries working as mechanics and janitors in the US. Unless you can get a H1B from a company first

white and asian men intentionally made tech super hard, so women and minorities couldn't catch up.

>intentionally made tech super hard,
That's like saying niggers intentionally make basketball hard so whites and asians can't catch up.

I knew my filter was missing something. "Programming socks"

it says in the first line California

>go to thread to possibly laugh at any more info
>43 comments
>only 7 comments that aren't deleted and replaced by 'removed by moderator'
what cucks

>married women
Don't do this, maternity leave.

>transwoman
>she
HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHH

Attached: 1506129528844.jpg (399x385, 28K)

well fuck me than, i havent really dont any research. do companys regularly give out H1Bs?

this is the norm for legaladvice, their mods are essentially what Jow Forums nazis wish they were

In his situation I suspect he'd win the court case, the mental case would probably go on twitter and attempt a tirade, at which point I would stop at nothing to legally demolish that freak's life and turn them into a dickless homeless vagabond through character defamation and frivolous lawsuits

>machine learning, data science
>fun
This is how I know you're full of shit.
I haven't even read the rest of this.

lmao if anything it's what you wish mods were like on this website
you should go back there

Attached: baitpole.png (500x501, 80K)

tranny just put a terrible coc in the linux kernel development you big tard

Attached: linuxfet.jpg (366x586, 34K)

I work for big blue and can give you the low down on H1B, according to my coworkers.
First of all, it depends on how many H1Bs get awarded to the country you live in.
Each country sort of has their own "lottery" so to speak.
India and China has the largest pool of visa applicants and so for a student who graduates with a(n American) master's degree, their odds of winning an H1B through lottery is something like 1/4.

For someone who comes from a country with respectively no immigration through H1B, like Iceland or something, they would probably automatically get awarded a visa without even trying.

You can go through the lottery something like two or three times, at which point you need to leave the country if your visa isn't valid.

For most people, this means that the only companies they can work for are large multinational corporations--at least then they'll be able to move to a nearby office in the same timezone, probably in Canada or something.

this.
i wanted to be a dev but got stuck in data warehousing, shit pays the most but a fucking monkey can do it so there's nothing to be proud of and just doesnt give the same fun as any kind of development.

Also, it's probably obvious but the higher your education, the smaller the lottery pool.
PhDs have a much higher probability of getting a visa.

>reddit
>CA
>startup
>doesn't even have a fucking lawyer asks reddit
>hired tranny
>hiring female from a fucking bootcamp
>gets in an argument with a tranny and expects any clean resolution out of it

Honestly I wish there was some way the tranny could sue this guy and bankrupt him

>hire married women
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Given the high suicide rate you'll have to spend a fortune in recruiting

You would have to be mad to fire a tranny in 2018

>he does not know

you would have to be based*

really, this sounds like "Kate" was being discriminatory and he's got an easy case
it helps that "Kate" was discriminating against him hiring women, it'd be harder (if probably still cut and dry) if he was hiring males and "Kate" bitched about it

>thus, will spend more time working.
Dude, anything but. They'll spend the majority of the company's time posting SJW memes and demanding changes/accomodations be brought about the workplace.

theverge.com/2018/2/21/17038430/google-james-damore-memo-tim-chevalier-lawsuit-liberal-conservative-backlash
>Chevalier then made a privilege-denying dude meme using Google’s internal meme generator with the caption, “I have opinions about forms of oppression that don’t affect me.”
>In mid-September, Chevalier was called into a meeting by HR and told that a complaint had been made about another post in which he said he would not work with people who shared Damore’s views, according to Gizmodo. In the same month, Chevalier’s acting manager told him repeatedly he was engaging in too much “social activism,” the suit alleges.
Imagine knowing you hired and are paying some to spend the majority of their day making memes and threatening other employees for intruding on their safe space.

I've worked with multiple women programmers.

The only good one was a tranny.

Then you've worked with 0 good women programmers.

Woman here. I have been working as a software engineer for ten years now. I have worked on game engines, machine learning, data science, pretty much anything fun.

There’s a push because it honestly is a lot harder grtting into tech as a woman. There’s all these weird hoops like I have to be “one of the guys” to fit in and any sign of femininity is taken as a weakness. For example, most women who have worked in nonfrontend programming I’ve seen over the years avoid makeup or use minimal. They also speek like an octave deeper around teammates than around me. Most women just weren’t encouraged like a lot of men are to get into tech when they do show an interest. I know like some men I had to fight tooth and nail to get where I am today—there’s a disparity here with how accessible tech is made to men vs women. Heck, even on IRC most of the women I know on freenode and the like go to great lengths to conceal the fact that they’re women because people will automatically treat them with less respect.

I have a trans woman friend who confirmed what she experienced as a male in tech and what she experiences passing as a woman in tech. Its very interesting how insecure or jusf plain shitty men get about women doing intellectual things, almost as if it threatens some of them.

All in all I’ve worked with mostly pleasant people but its stupid to pretend this reality doesnt exist and that women have less opportunity to succeed in tech than men om average.

Like my male friend who I just taught to code just got a high paying job which took me years ro get to that point when i was on my own.

Yes there are womens reachout orgs that help women get into tech, but the reason they exist is because texh is currently an extremely masculine space. I know that sounds absurd but if uve ever worked with a mostly female team vs a mostly male team ull notice differences. I wish tech to be more accessible and pleasant for all.

Attached: 1513796118111.jpg (1272x1023, 353K)

ayyy

>not allowed to hire cis women because it would be triggering and cause her depression
Isn't this just plain old discrimination, which is illegal? What's the difference between refusing to hire cis women versus refusing to hire blacks, whites, asians, etc.?
>"Don't hire cis women because I feel threatened and uncomfortable around them."
>"Don't hire niggers because I feel threatened and uncomfortable around them."

>Isn't this just plain old discrimination, which is illegal? What's the difference between refusing to hire cis women versus refusing to hire blacks, whites, asians, etc.?
I think trannies rank higher on the oppression scale than regular women so it's ok.

This pattern is becoming normal:

1. good programmer or gamer
2. touted by (((media))) as a "based woman in tech"
3. investigate and it's a man in drag taking hormones

Attached: iq redpill patriarchy men women.png (627x419, 30K)

>There’s all these weird hoops like I have to be “one of the guys” to fit in and any sign of femininity is taken as a weakness
That's because "femininity" is fucking retarded and women need to stop thinking they deserve shit and wearing whore makeup to work.

If I ever start a business I'm never hiring a woman if I can avoid it. Not even a receptionist or HR. Women in the workplace are bloat.

> "femininity" is fucking retarded
Yeah that’s a yikes from me.

I cum sharked on my female worker

But this is the natural way. The modern Western conception of marriage solely based on love is unique in history and likely to be short lived.

be careful user, it's against discrimination laws to not hire/fire a woman for being married and planning on children, so be subtle.