Would this better your work environment?

would this better your work environment?

Attached: 2 genders.png (644x564, 69K)

No because companies that offer remote pay like shit.

Working from home makes me fucking lazy TBQFH

I have both. Turns out Murica is just shit.

If I would work from home I probably wouldn't go outside at all. Also you will probably work more because you're technically always at work

This never happens. They just install monitoring software if they send you home.

I work from home. I just have my pc near my work one so I can still fuck around.

>masturbating while fixing pajeet's spaghetti code

The tax system favours gimmicks like ping pong tables over pay increases.

I dont care about ping pong or beer (I dont drink while I work, I have enough self-control to not get drunk until the weekends).
Working remotely is a plus for me. It is objectively more flexible and relaxing and convenient.

What if people did their job?

what a dumb goy, you end up working way more hours from home

Attached: 1526775270483.png (1038x690, 1.15M)

This, remote sucks. There is some people at my work that do remote and i'm pretty sure they do absolutely jack shit for most of the day.

Shit idea.

leave it as is, we all need a break sometimes and also remote connections are an invitation for leaks.

>They just install monitoring software if they send you home.

Wut. Just format.

That’s a good wagie slave

i would get nothing done if working remotely.

give me a beer and a ping pong table and i'll get my creative juices flowing.

>being an hourly cuck at this point in your life
>purposefully holding back the team and being a useless sack of shit because you're lazy.

Don't sign up for a job if you're not going to do anything.

>anons monitoring software stopped working, boss
>tell him to fix it within an hour or he'll be fired

Worked at a place with ping pong tables
>We need you at your desk
Worked at a place that paid for cert training
>We don't pay you to read, if you are done with your tasks, you need to volunteer to help your team

Honestly if you work at somewhere that gives out admin rights and the ability to reformat your company laptop then you're at a shitty place to begin with and I doubt they care about monitoring anything or security.

This is the future of wageslaves.

Attached: 1509774138194.jpg (753x1024, 175K)

ITT:
>I don't have the discipline to work remotely so no one else should have that option either

Why do you care what they are doing? If they get their work done why are you being a faggot about it?

i work way better from home because i work in an open office hell and my job requires constant concentration. But I still love to go because I am lonely as fuck.

Hell yeah, I could wank it during breaks

Attached: 1492658824342.jpg (660x981, 119K)

If you're actually disciplined you'll end up putting more hours anyways. Remote work is a trap you should never fall for unless you're a lazy slob and know you can get away with it.

Lmao these neets that don't know how to talk to people, if you want to work from your basement just go to freelance.com or something

>possibility to reformat your company laptop
and how do you expect them to prevent this

I already have that ability, it's called VPN.

We also have ping pong tables and beer fridges.

I don't need to talk to people. I need to get my work done. There is a time and a place for meetings and that's what Skype is for.

I am in the open floor plan hell and no one has in person meetings.

Its not about not being able to, you won't have permission to join the domain without the right credentials and without the domain you won't have access to the shit you need to work.

I seriously sit around and watch netflix if I I'm not doing anything else. No pants, even.

>Talking to people = meetings only
Holy autism

We have a beer fridge and I have flexible hours. Its pretty good.

Yep. Working from home more often is a much better perk. I get one day a week currently and it has helped out my sanity a lot. One less commute. Can do chores and whatnot while I work. Ends up with a better work/life balance

Do you want me to socialize or do you want me to work?

If I'm going to socialize, it's going to be on my own terms with my friends. I'm not interested in making PC smalltalk with boomers all day.

>went to conference/tradeshow a couple days ago
>keynote speaker has a powerpoint about millennials
>lolokthisaughttabegood.jpg
>whole presentation was bitching about how millennials are will to work more but want flexible work schedules

Why are old fucks so against this in the tech world?

In my experience, the monitoring is on the VPN that you need to actually access corporate networks externally. Typically they can see your internet traffic and general activity, at least that how it works in my place.

It's only looked at when there's a suspicision that you're slacking off. Looking busy is harder than actually being busy.

Attached: 1531130143807.jpg (2810x1870, 719K)

This. Those perks are for the kiss asses, not for plebs like you

>You can only talk with friends
Omega autism
In order to do your job you probably need to talk to other people with work related stuff user, if you ever leave your basement you will know this

but I don't read french

Attached: 1506126354648.png (658x866, 276K)

>I'm not interested in making PC smalltalk with boomers all day.

"Didja see John Oliver last night? Trump is a moron!" Conversation #608.

I take your point, but some facetime is good though because you can get solid answers out of people if you need them. It also encourages regular hygiene, which working remote doesn't.

the whole point of the 'tech campus' is to lock you in there, retard

also, an office space offers a place for collaboration and conflict resolution. nobody is going to pay six figures so you can 'turn in' your work from home like it's an online community college math class. also the amount of dehumanization that occurs as people send passive-aggressive emails back and forth all day is madding. put them in a room together and they're never willing to be as rude and uncompromising.

Holy shit your're at maximum autism.
You need to be able to converse with co-workers to work in a sucessful business.

They do remote to primarily get away from you!

the whole point of free meals and other "perks" is to keep you in the office for as long as possible and increase your productivity

companies don't care about your life quality, it's antithetical to profit

>work promises beer fridge
>no beer fridge for 6 months

Also after finding new work, I now have the option to work from home, but everytime I try it, I just end up sexing the fiance all day, so I can't trust myself to do that anymore

all those emails are sent because everyone's calendar is already full with meetings

>i'm pretty sure they do absolutely jack shit for most of the day.

Yeah you're right, because I do most of my work at night, because I'm not a morning person who lives for a 9-5. Also, I hate people who will sit and stare into space during working hours until they're told what to do and just clock out at 5 and completely forget about work and then go and be shitty and judgy to people who work remote.

I have to concentrate at my job. I can't do that when people want to talk about football. The people around me are working on different stuff. I don't need a status update every 5 minutes and I don't need to hear about your diabetic dog for 30 minutes.

Doesn't work like that. People you need to talk to are across the building, away from their desk, and probably on the phone. My hygiene in my own home is not my employer's business.

Our entire team works rmeote and we just meet up every other week
It's honestly in great in small teams where everyone has responsibility

>I don't want to talk to co-workers if it's not related
>Don't have the balls to just tell them to fuck off with their personal issues
MAXIMUS AUTISM AND OMEGA BETA
CAN'T FALL MORE THAN THAT

>work buys beer firdge
>never stocks it with anything
>the only thing in it are some monsters from zoomers and a bottle of milk

>Also you will probably work less because you're technically never at work
ftfy

>2 hours commuting, 8 hours working in the office
or
>9 hours working from home
Surely this is a no-brainer for businesses?

>My hygiene in my own home is not my employer's business.
That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard.
You're gonna get a notice from HR.

>tfw zoomers at my new work always bring monsters
Why is this meme real. Don't understand the milk tho lel

>be friend
>drives to work
>finishes his work
>spends the rest of his shift browsing web
>drives home

or

>be me
>log in
>finish work
>log out
>browse web

this is pretty much the only difference between working locally vs. remotely.

It's for boomers coffee because apparently they each need 10 cups a day to function.

>coffee with milk
I bet it's dairy milk as well, isn't it?

Nevermind remote working, just give me my own god damn office, or a fucking cube, anything but open plan.

Of course, working from home is pretty much the best perk a job can offer beyond better pay. It's a major and immediate improvement to general comfort and quality of life, doubly so if you're in a situation where you otherwise have to waste a lot of your day getting to and from work.

Ping pong tables and beer at work are borderline useless. I don't go to work to play ping pong or drink, I'm there to get my job done to the best of my ability in order to get paid. I'm not going to actually waste time playing ping pong when I could spend that time doing whatever else outside of work. Most of the time being in the office doesn't actually aid my productivity at all, sometimes it's even worse as other people keep bothering me and interrupt constantly. It's not really conducive to getting work done quickly and efficiently.

do you know what a break is? its necessary to be productive

This. Open plan + my social anxiety leads to impaired productiveness on my part

Ping Pong tables are just for show. Nobody gets chance to use them.

Tech companies need to stop all of the charity shit. Once or twice a year, sure. Every fucking month people are up to something.

That's why lunch breaks exist. It may come as a shock to you as well, but people also take breaks when there's no ping pong "perk".

yes but you say they're useless, when they can be used to unwind doing something physical after an intense programming session

What kind control fetish do you have that you care what people do at home after work? I have good personal hygiene, but it's my business when I'm home alone.

I'd rather be on break at home. I can take a nap or go for jog. Dog is there. OR you can sit in a nasty, loud break room, full of fish smell and trash.

I would honestly be more productive with beer at work than I would be working from home

I literally get into the ultimate comfy mode, just throw the business laptop somewhere until I get new emails that requests something or get meeting requests etc. I just join the meetings, say a few things that I had already done 2-3 days ago but hadn't told yet so I look like I'm doing something remotely. Well, if I'm doing my job in the end, who cares? Rest of the day goes full netflix mode.

same. My most productive moments are after a cold glass, and my least is when I'm ridiculously comfy at home

So, why don't you also do remote and get paid to do nothing? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

They should install showers at work because I have all my best ideas in the shower

>But I still love to go because I am lonely as fuck.
THIS!

The only reason I choose to go to the office is to communicate with other people so that I don't go completely mad from loneliness. Can't say that office is a better choice but being able to talk to someone is really an important factor.

>I need a corporate nanny to facilitate my socialization
>Other people are the autists

>research shows people think a lot in the shower
>boomers: lets build a large open shower so people can think in groups

I work from home sometimes but mostly from the office. I could work from home pretty much every day if I wanted but it is fun hanging out at work. When I'm at home I either work really hard or not at all. At the office I work like half of the time so in the end it doesn't really matter anyways.

I don't work remote but I still do absolutely jack shit for most of the day, so what difference does it make if I do nothing at the office or do nothing on my couch?

>people can concentrate better if that open shower is closed with wooden doors and if we strongly scent the room with Zylkon B. Not too much but enough to get people going

It really doesn't matter to me either way as long as you get your shit done but offices need to stop fucking around with a bunch of meme garbage. It's a place of work all you need is a good break room.

yes, but would also love a ping pong table at work (and co-workers willing to play)

>If you're actually disciplined you'll end up putting more hours anyways.
If you're actually disciplined then you'll end up working exactly 40 or however many hours you signed up for instead of overworking yourself. But even if you end up working more, it's still better to work 9 hours at home than to work 8 and commute 1.5.

>working hard to make other people rich

They should at least allow for flexible days for us monkeys who are in the office 5 days a week. I'd like to work from home at least twice a week

Trust and respect would go a long way coming from management, but being that murrica gets its management culture from France, that will never happen.

If companies really want to retain people, they can try offering a decent fucking salary. Trying to game people with freebies and extras has never actually worked. Google and Apple give away free food and whatnot because it is another tax break at the scale they do it. The employees are actually expected to pay those taxes but the IRS has no real way of enforcing it.

This.
I like the option but don't like remote work. I have to be productive during my day and I don't have a proper office space in my home.

Attached: 1412537290586.jpg (640x416, 41K)

This. I was making bank at my last job (NOC admin) but the management was terrible and half the employees were treated like trash. I was working nights (11pm to 7am) then and had to work either Friday/Sat or Sat/Sun every weekend. Our shift wrote up a 4 day, 10 hour week plan that wouldn't have made it so we could have had three days off and lived semi-normal lives as night shift workers, but the management cancelled it after two weeks, "because it made the other shifts jealous."

Of course, when we needed the manager for things, like providing us the tools we needed to do our jobs, or acting as a middle man when we didn't have third party clearance for trouble shooting with third parties (ex. we didn't have clearance for the host ran our DBs), he was never there. He worked from home 75% of the time, likely working very little, while we worked every single weekend of the year with zero support. Of course, we were a remote office too, located in Chicago, with the main office in San Francisco, so we also had no one to report our problems too.

I quit after 7 months. My friend who brought me on quit a month after I did, along with another person at the same time. Suddenly the company went from 4 night shift workers to 1.

So many IT jobs are like this. I'm sick of it. IT is a fucking meme. You rot in front of a computer your whole life, spending half your day wasting away on Jow Forums and Facebook, and the other half doing largely monkey work. Sure it pays well, but who cares? When you are 65 years old and retire and find your youth, your old friends, your passions gone, who cares? You've spent your life in front of a computer, will die soon, but have lots of money. Doen't sound like a very good deal to me.

I'm going back to school for registered nursing soon. 3 day, 12 hour weeks are common, if you want more days off, the mean US salary is $72,000 (plenty to live a happy, secure, and luxurious life), and you're spending your day helping people.

>. IT is a fucking meme. You rot in front of a computer your whole life, spending half your day wasting away on Jow Forums and Facebook, and the other half doing largely monkey work.
thats your jobs problem, not IT. I spend the day programming things I like and enjoy doing.

I love working remote since i can work from my cozy rural hume instead of living in the (((city))).

Spoken like a good slave.

>You've spent your life in front of a computer, will die soon, but have lots of money.
That's not just IT. That's every white collar job.

Unless you want to be a brick layer or a burger flipper you're probably going to spend most of your days in an office in front of a screen.

>He uses emojis to communicate on slack

Attached: IndustryResume1.jpg (917x523, 55K)

It has. But despite it working for me, I don't think it can work for everyone. It does require a lot of trust and passion, both of which are rare themselves.

I certainly put in more actual time than people who have to commute, but I'm also working on products that I myself want to use. I'm also fiscally responsible because I'm not interested in harming my job security. Sure I could put in low effort and still get paid the same, but that's literally just stealing from my employer at that point, which won't benefit me or my co-workers long term.

I legitimately wonder if this is why so many startups fail. The concept is solid and cheaper for both parties, but easily abused by those who couldn't give a shit about anything other than short term money.

>Unless you want to be a brick layer or a burger flipper you're probably going to spend most of your days in an office in front of a screen.

That's why I'm moving out of white collar and into registered nursing. I know I'll still be in front of a screen a lot there, but a hell of a lot less than in IT.

>free food and snacks
>nice climate control
>nice chair, desk, and monitors
>tfw work is comfier than home

Attached: 1523165700462.jpg (595x585, 283K)

I'm a freelancer

This tbqh. I only wfh when it's absolutely completely fucked by snow outside.

This, the workday for "paid to think" jobs just needs to be shortened by a few hours

This. I work remotely so I don’t have to live in a culturally enriched city full of niggers.

>They just install monitoring software if they send you home.

Protip: Monitoring software is there regardless.

I only need 3 hours a day in the office to get caught up on everything with everyone and set out what I need to do at home in the evening. Sometimes they make me stay for no reason. It's aggravating and messes with ability to work at night.