How do you spend your salary Jow Forums?

how do you spend your salary Jow Forums?

Attached: F1091790-A589-4153-8810-AC21D41AFB31.png (1242x2208, 1.82M)

Other urls found in this thread:

investor.vanguard.com/etf/profile/performance/voo
youtube.com/watch?v=khOaAHK7efc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1.house
2.utilities
3.food
4.vacations
5.clothes
6.electronics/entertainment

I live in europe, so after paying for the usual stuff like rent, food, car insurance, additional healthcare, additional retirement insurance and so on.... there is just enough over to finance myself some chink hardware and computer parts.

Sometimes I have to pay for repairs for my 20 year old car as well.

t. 28yr old sw engineer

Paying back 100,000 credit card debt so my equity line of credit could go up to 300,000 so I can buy and rent out my next property

7.blacked.com premium membership

>(not picture)

Paying back loans, creditors, and debt collectors mostly.

I bought 22 acres of land and I am going to put something like this on it soon which would cost about $25k and then another $10k for making the inside nice. All done for under $150k.

Attached: 1533869463043.jpg (1073x576, 503K)

Rent, food and alcohol, save the rest since there's nothing I want to buy.

I went into research science and worked at the premier research institution in the US and earned a PhD. The highest salaries ive been offered are at 100k. I am fucking mad.

I fucked up right? I’m poor and 31 years old. FUCK

That figure sounds about right. If you wanted to be a multi-millionaire you need to be stock broker or something. Science isn't gonna make you rich. It'll get you a comfortable living but not a filthy rich lifestyle.

If the PhD is math heavy, you could probably look into becoming a quant.

I'm a neet, I spend my mom's money on hardware and steam games.

Furry shit and beer

Attached: spiritbear.png (594x394, 434K)

On living. I also save 54pc of my income.

Arcade cabinets and investments.

(not pictured)

Most of my money goes towards rent and paying off my girlfriends credit cards.

I make 10k euros as a software engineer and I don't have disposable income.

>getting a PhD for money
Lol

Attached: epic.jpg (1079x1142, 485K)

>21 year old pajeeta is making five times more than me

Attached: 1537002786190.png (387x290, 12K)

Fuck off cuck

It’s not math heavy. But i did discover the mechanism of a certain cell’s differentiation. The cofirst author i had got all the credit and is now a professor.

I was a student at the time and just got the asterisk of coauthorship. It wasn’t worth it. Medicine isn’t worth it. The seniors steal. I fucked up. If it was math or code it wouldn’t be stolen right?

I have no real skills besides lab work and constructing experiments that answer questions. I feel really low right now. I feel like i did life wrong. I shouldn’t have gone into medicine. Im not like the other people that can see the same shit every day, are arrogant, but don’t have original thoughts so they steal from others.

As an undergrad i worked in an ai lab and had the support of the professor for a masters and the bio dept rejected me due to low gpa so i had to go into another program. I have two years of medical school left and a phd under my belt. Should I say fuck this field and go back to AI, or should i stick out medical school.

Old computers and peripherals, soda, coffee, hostess cakes, takis, hot wings, and cigarettes. On every level except physical, I am a nigger. Life is grand.

Yeah, but she's probably poor as shit because of her location. I live in the Midwest United States and I make 110k a year. I'm extremely well off around here. I own a nice piece of land, a decent sized house, a car and truck, and a small boat. Everything is paid for and owned outright. If you're a poorfag coastal cuck you should pinch your pennies and move to flyover country and you'll basically be upper middle class.

Attached: 1535478819260.jpg (1080x1080, 144K)

18k a year rent + utilities
2k a year on toys like new computer parts
2k a year on food
Everything else, around 150k last year, mix of after tax and pre tax (401k) goes to Vanguard index funds.

Nope. She probably saves the same amount of money as me. There's no way you'll save enough for retirement before 30 working in flyover land.

Attached: 1536009019.png (1797x990, 97K)

I have few expenses, so what I mostly do is save money for a couple of years and buy property, paying in full. No mortgages to worry about, and the rent helps pay for the next one. I'm not smart enough for stock investments.

I also don't know how to write code at all, so I'm trying to get the most out of this before I get caught.

This but omit 4 and 6, even 5 is rare though.
$110k a year from the job, current net worth is $150k minus unstable assets. Average monthly spending is $800 which should be cut in half if I get around to calling some of my service providers.

>rent/utilities
>food
>savings
>things I want
I make 30k a year and I’m 18.

programming socks

>she(male)

Ahh very nice my man, why how is vanguard? Do u also have sp500 or bonds?

>166 a month on food
You never. Ever. Go out.

>There's no way you'll save enough for retirement before 30 working in flyover land
What the fuck is the point of retirement? Not even making a sour grapes post here. Retirement would be boring as fuck at 30. I personally have no desire to travel outside of the US, and I don't know what I would do if I wasn't working. I'd be bored as fuck and drunk all the time.

You need. To go. Back to. Reddit. Normalfag. Faggot.

Food
Beer
Rent
Savings
90/year

>2k
House payment
>~250 (estimate)
Electric/gas/all utilities
>~400
Food

Average take home pay is $4500/month. Should make 100k pre-tax this year with Christmas overtime

Seething with anger due to isolation.

Attached: 112aa.jpg (787x1280, 104K)

you seem to be the one seething about non-NPC people, friendio.

food
rent
headphones

You eat for less than $5.50 a day every single day and save 90% of your income? What are you saving all that money for if you claim to live off of almost nothing?

i just eat the tendies mum leaves in front of the door

same FeelsBadMan
>t. 20yr old backend dev 40k€/y

LMAO what a fucking loser. Makes me glad I just got a bachelor's and work as a senior software engineer. Education is a Ponzi scheme

((You)) are the only one with emotions in their response.

Attached: 10z7o.jpg (827x1724, 106K)

i buy treasury bills

yes, I have emotions because I'm not an NPC

I'm not the user you're responding to but.
I grew up poor and learned to live without, I have basically unlimited money now and still live exactly the same and will likely always live this way because there's no reason not to. Before I die I'm leaving all my money to organizations/research that I think are important and my kids won't get shit. :^)

Attached: family-business-issues-6-728[1].jpg (728x546, 96K)

poor and starving

You are a Jow Forums NPC, seems like pretty typical normiechan responses to me.

Attached: EUB5CMS.jpg (500x375, 25K)

>19.2% rate of return
How is this possible? This doesn't really sound diversified. Mainly just curious as I'm just starting to seriously get into investing for retirement.

I'm a 21 year old loser from kentucky who makes 12/hour at a moving company

Your first reply is literally an unwarranted rebuke and you're curious why someone would be emotional about that. You're literally criticizing them based on their personal preferences, the preferences they were asked to talk about.

Why are you trying to be so needlessly cruel to members of the board? Please don't do that.

this thread makes me want to die.
this is how you people think about money? growing up id have to split the mr noodle in half
fuck

>unwarranted rebuke
I want my 4friends to enjoy their youth while it lasts. I care for this poster. But even without that detail, you are saying I'm criticizing them, when in reality I just made a true statement. It is up to your imagination to call that judging, which means you probably agree with me.

>Why are you trying to be so needlessly cruel...
Needlessly cruel.. hmm sounds sorta like the person calling me a "reddit normalfag faggot" for simply pointing out a true statement

You have still need to do residency after med school to actually practice right? I mean, I have no idea what's lucrative in Bio but MD + PhD seems like a cash money combo to me. You're qualified to do research unlike most NPC docs.

Attached: 1529159089184.png (1200x4932, 1.4M)

op doing some clickbait. probably making this thread as another daily incel thread.

I value my poor and harsh upbringing more than anything else. Reflect on the realization you just had, how worthless money is to these people. Contrast is everything. Even having a little bit more money than you started with, can seem extremely dramatic, and allow you joy in simple things.
I still get excited EVERY DAY when I turn the handle on my shower and hot water comes out. EVERY DAY I get to eat food. EVERY DAY the electricity works.
People buy a boat on Monday that cost more than my house but feel dissatisfied by Friday.

Learning to live without, but having the ability to live with, is the best pleasure that anyone at any financial level can ascend to.

im trying really, really hard.. the world doesnt have a place where people like me can exist. theres not a single thing i can work at every day that will leave me proud, fufilled, and fed. its a scary world, sorry, i didnt mean to shit up this thread. i dont really lurk here, and ill leave everyone alone.
i appreciate this paragraph thanks.

Software engineer in boston, moved from mid west
make $180k/y
$1100/m mortgage
$300-400 groceries
$240/m car + house insurance.
$200/m parking
usually $700-800/m on the credit card when I haven't bought something big (everything else I buy inc. utilieis)
Maybe $100 or so on debet card
saved ~$70k last year, which is more than a lot of my college friends back home make a year, city salaries are insane.

how much do you have at the end after food & rent?

How do I get this salary?

i make 30k canadian a year. cheapest way to kill yourself?

>I'll ignore any point made and just call "muh reddit" to silence the opposition!

Attached: 02aa8ff7b5bc22658a69a6245dc110c41fa17272_full.jpg (184x184, 10K)

the stock market has been having a very long bull run. the tech sector is in every index fund and it balled out of control
20% per annum has been the trend for the last 5 years.
who knows how long it will last?

>enjoy
>I just made a true statement
>It is up to your imagination to call that judging, which means you probably agree with me.

You're making some serious assumptions on the behalf of multiple people.
You can't assume that user doesn't socialize just because they don't socialize over food. But even if that was the case, it's still moot.

You have to remember that people have different opinions. Just because you find socializing enjoyable, doesn't mean everyone has to. It's not fair of you to force your lifestyle on to other people like that, and criticize them when they don't agree with you.

If user wants to be a hermit, why can't they be? Why invalidate their entire personality like that, and treat them like they're immature, wrong, or something else negative. Intentional or otherwise, that's not "care", it's simply peer pressure.

I don't doubt you had good intentions if that's what you say, but I ask that you consider the possibility that, advice is not always warranted or even interpreted as such when the context is missing.

Get AIDS from the gaybar on your corner, if you're lucky you might even get paid for it.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Stop talking like a spineless person, you are not bothering anyone. How the actual fuck can someonw be this awkward on an image board.

Attached: holy_shit_man.gif (259x259, 1.75M)

>make a reddit tier post
>get called out for being reddit
Wow who would have thought

I live with my mom and pay for school in cash. I also buy whatever stuff for my car, computer, guns, etc. I want.

you should see me irl

SUPPORTING MY MOTHER WHO CAN'T WORK

I AM IN MY THIRTIES

I AM A VIRGIN

ONE DAY I PLAN TO KILL MYSELF

HOPE THIS ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION OP

investor.vanguard.com/etf/profile/performance/voo

Attached: 1526765822000.jpg (859x592, 64K)

Utilities
Phone
House
Food
Gas
Entertainment
Clothes
Credit card
Car
Personal/Health related

Right now I've saving $2400 yearly + whatever my tax refund is. Soon as my credit card is paid off I'll be able to bump that to $4800

So assuming I retire in 15 years I'll have $42k in one account and 35k in another + pension check/401k and whatever money my stocks bring in when i sell them.

It's important to know that you don't have to seek all those things in a job. You can be fed by your job and be fulfilled in something else, seek pride in something else still.
It's nice when something like a job has all 3 of these qualities, but it doesn't have to.
In any case though, you can make it have them if you work hard enough at it.
It starts with finding out what makes you fulfilled and proud, then finding people who see value in it.

Pretentious motivation:
youtube.com/watch?v=khOaAHK7efc

You can stack these qualities too. Be proud in your work, proud in your self, proud in other things. etc.

I interpreted this as a strong-man threat, before realizing you probably meant more awkward irl. Made me laugh.

i donate to organizations that distribute the wealth in such way, that only the most gifted individuals get any money, and they report back to me how they spent it. I don't give any money to the useless and poor, only to the best of the poor

theres lots i love but i have a problem breaking down big dream plans into small workable every day things that are sustainable. i dont know how to incorporate proper momentum into my routine, im working on it though.
>I interpreted this as a strong-man threat, before realizing you probably meant more awkward irl. Made me laugh.
you got it, lol. i am weak, my own bones beat me up

Work really hard for years or wear a dress.

can confirm wearing a dress wont help

I've been there, I'm no longer there.
Ganbatte.

tfw you fell for the cs degree meme and loving it

Imagine if I listened to Jow Forums and taught myself or went for a "real" degree (cs is just maths btw).

Attached: baron.jpg (268x233, 8K)

Possibly could still live with mummy and daddy or food is otherwise supplied

i will. i want a nice life. and i dont need much.

Can you help me get a job?

t. College senior in Boston who likes C++

I make just under $27k a year. But the cost of living is cheap here and I got job security. The job is about as stress free and bullshit free as you can get. Just go in on time, do what needs doing for 8 hrs then leave. So while others make more money but having to deal with bullshit ass kissers and other shit and have stress day in day out I'm just kicking back coasting day by day worrying about nothing.

>I make just under $27k a year. But the cost of living is cheap here and I got job security.
cope

Have your parents been feeding onions milk since day one? Get your shit tougher, you have to do it one day or another.

Attached: 1535050442875.jpg (410x368, 11K)

i just want my existence to matter lol
i was pretty abused but am on my own now and have worked through the trauma pretty well.
its tough to take time out of surviving to invest in thriving. but i am working on it. im constantly getting my shit together

its just, theres a difference between doing the necessary things to survive and putting yourself in a calculated position to succeed. i can work hard, i am too autism to work smart

Read books on whiteboard programming interviews like cracking the coding interview and you can easily ace any interview at google, facebook, microsoft, etc.

Mortgage (only debt I have)
Utilities
Food
Vehicle maintenance
Drugs and alcohol
Entertainment

And I manage to save about 50% of my salary too since I don't life in Povertyfornia.

>salary
Sorry, I'm a real state investor. I sadly don't really have a "salary".
But my monthly expenses are usually:
utilities, food, gas, and random shit I want to buy or spend money on.

People in "Poverityfornia" save much more than you.

Please work on yourself before you try to give advice to others. I'll say this again, intentional or otherwise, it's not helpful, it's just inflammatory. But knowing where we are, you're probably doing that on purpose, ironically criticizing people for not being social, while goading for any attention you can get.

>bills
>student loans (I went to a state school so I only owe $18k)
>clothes
>car parts
>alcohol and weed
I have been wanting to start investing

Attached: 1536975748088.jpg (750x738, 52K)

>Live in Europe
>Work 2 months a year
>Do whatever I like the rest

Quit being cucks.

>i can work hard
Good, dont give up. Did your parents fucked you so hard that you can not generate selfesteen from your work?
Put more consideration on your achivements.

Here is your (you). I was not talking to you so don't at me you nigger.

Attached: 1529680034481.jpg (1280x848, 649K)

Sure thing buddy

Attached: thumbsup.jpg (251x231, 7K)

Only one person has posted proof, larper.

This is a public forum you nonce. Nobody was talking to you before initial reply either.

Do you live with your parents? That's the only way I found good disposable income.

Yea, thanks. I might do neuropath research