Hugs stock Vega 56

>Hugs stock Vega 56
You may be a bit loud. You may be a little too hot headed. You may drink a bit too much without my guiding hand. I have to set the clocks to wake you from your slumber. Sure you told a few white lies to me before we got engaged and of course you refused to defend my honor by beating the shit out of that four eyed Asian guy in the leather jacket after he had just slapped my ass!

I still love you nonetheless.

user

Attached: 22207-26578-raja_koduri_and_scott_herkelman_-_radeon_rx_vega-44_575px-l[1].jpg (660x371, 42K)

Mine has a Morpheus on it. I should probably upgrade these drivers.

Considered it. I may do a water loop instead though on my Zen 2 build next year.

My reference vega 56 is still kicking ass. No need to upgrade for a long while. Comfy as fuck.

I kind of wish I could have gotten a quieter cooler than the stock blower, but custom heatsinks on GPUs these days all assume that you're using a modern extra-thicc case with several inches of space above the top of the card that the heatsink (or oversized PCB) can protrude into. Getting the stock blower ensured that I wouldn't have to return the card because of clearance issues. And saved a few bucks.

Yeah stock is lean. You either have fat bling but cooler and quieter or slim, hot and noisy. Just the way it goes.

is it too late to bother buying a vega 56? there is an MSI blower style I had my eye on that is finally instock and at roughly MSRP (taking into account australia tax)

If you can get it for a good price it's still worthwhile yes. More so if you are running Freesync.

fuck no, wait. within 9 months 7 nm will be out

is $465 USD what you would consider a good price? keep in mind everything is normally $40-80 more here because straya

/this
if you can wait. But $465 sounds about right for Oz. I paid MSRP of £380 in the UK on launch day.

>within 9 months 7 nm will be out
I thought that is just for firepro/work station business cards
have ayymd confirmed whether they are refreshing RX or continuing with vega?

Vega 7nm for pro end of the year. Second or third quarter for Navi but we don't know if it will be high end or just mid range. There's the problem. If you really need something now get the 56.

>$465 sounds about right for Oz.
$465 USD which comes to $650 AUD

I'm trying to find a used Vega 64 for less than $450 AUD but I'm having no luck. Even people who admit to using them for mining are trying to sell them for close to what you can get them for in PCCG

Oh I see where I misread. Niggermind. Overpriced then.

>Even people who admit to using them for mining are trying to sell them for close to what you can get them for in PCCG
the absolute scumbags

Fuck miners. Greedy cunts. Trouble is people are so desperate for GPU's they will buy overpriced used shit they should have gotten new for less than MSRP.
It's like someone saying to you 'Hey bro. Can I borrow that GPU you have before you even got it and beat it within an inch of its life then sell it back to you at twice the price?'

At this point msrp for them isn't good, we are less then 1 year out from a massive performance upshift and a possible price for performance downshift. 7nm on its own, with no further tweaks, is a 30% uptick on any vega performance.

If amd just shrinks vega and brings it out and that's navi, we are are looking at 1080ti range of performance for sub 400$.

My understanding of vega was the pro/frontier version has an unfucked primitive shader but something happened with 64 and 56 that fucked the primitive shader, its possible that a hardware revision will allow it to work, and that would be extra performance on top of the 30%, but honestly I doubt it, however the chance they also went into it and alleviated other bottlenecks is high.

so, at msrp, no, but if you could find a 56 for 200-300$ used, that may be worthwhile especially if you are going to ride it hard for the next few months... otherwise hold out till 7nm

well I mean if the market will bear that price you can't exactly do anything about it, other than decide to go without a new GPU.

>other than decide to go without a new GPU.
>mfw I've been using a A8-9600 APU for close to a year after my 2013 system died for no rasin (one day the mobo just would not POST) this time last year

Attached: DiYwZdGW0AEb2kf.jpg (900x1200, 401K)