Ryzen thread?

can i make a ryzen thread?
can we talk about ryzen?
im pretty excited for 7nm
when will we get official benchmarks?
apparently they are reviving the 2800x series to compete with i9s?

Attached: ryzen.jpg (1139x759, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/amd-epyc-rome-7nm-64-core-cpu-performance-benchmark-leak/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wccftech.com/amd-epyc-rome-7nm-64-core-cpu-performance-benchmark-leak/
>12,587
it's all over, AMD won...

Attached: 1510873018985.jpg (703x1024, 234K)

I don't think that amd cares about the i9s coming 3 quarters late and beating a $300(current price) cpu with a $550 cpu.
The only sane move is to put all effort on the 7nm cpus and completely erase intelaviv from the face of the earth by 2019.
Only inteltards think that intel is relevant.

>thicc

Attached: 1520541702335.jpg (1200x798, 102K)

speaking of ryzen...
>saw someone on local forum want to make a budget build
>he posted build list with 2200g in it and ask for advise
>many replied and tell him to get the more expensive intel cpu
>one person even tell him pentium is better than ryzen
I never knew intel fanboyism can be this bad

If Zen 2 can reach about 5.2ghz on air Intel is literally toast. It'll be guaranteed to outdo coffee lake in every single way. And I don't think cascade lake can yield more than 10% improvement if coffee lake is something to go off of

Attached: ipc.png (674x800, 53K)

What if it's not fanboyism
What if they're paid to write that

part of its fanboyism, part of it is not being able to interpret benchmarks properly.
You'll have some brainlets see Ryzen gets 90fps instead of 95fps in some game as a benchmark but then completely ignore that the game is typically GPU limited, any potential multitasking a real user might do or even frame minimums.
A 2200g suggests he wasn't rocking a 1080ti, so I don't know why people would think any modern title would be hampered by it.

this is intel's last hurrah for at least the next 3 years unless they get a deal and use tsmc's 7nm on i7/i9 quality parts.

once 7nm ryzen comes out, there goes intels clock advantage, and god knows amd already has the ipc advantage of was it 5-7% and in applications that specifically cater to amd upwards 20%

intel got by by clocking high enough that ryzens advantage was not enough, but once 7nm comes around 5ghz is going to be base clock, at it was going to be gf's and that was supposed to be competitive with tsmc, so I cant see tsmc doing worse.

But if you are poor you really are better off buying a pentium and a 1050ti rather than playing on 2200G iGPU.

In fact that can cost you even less than an APU build.

They do love telling us how many shekels their beloved Intel is worth

The APU is a piece of shit though. He's better off with a pentium and 1050 if gaming is his focus. I've built a similar one for my cousin and it only costed about 50$ more than a 2200g build due to cheap kaby lake mobo.

>apparently they are reviving the 2800x series to compete with i9s?
>rumor
yeah...

If something like a 2800x comes out, its just going to be amds way of flushing threadripper binned chips before zen 2 comes out.

2800X 4.5ghz single core turbo?

better question is when we'll get 7nm GPUs and will it be another disappointment?

Today I found out raven ridge can't boot into windows 7 and I'm fucking disappointed. AMD gave in to the jew.

Is it worth it buying a 2700x right now with 7nm aroud the corner or should I get a cheap 1800x and replace it in 2019?

cheap 1800x

Yawn, nothing worth an upgrade from my 1700x untill AM4+/AM5 with DDR5 and PCIE4.0 comes out, unless they manage to cram 12/16 cores into AM4.

DDR5 will be same as glorified DDR4@3200. You don't need it. Zen 2 will likely have PCIe 4.0 so it's okay to upgrade.

DDR5 will probably be cheaper after it launches until normie devices will start using it. Guess I'll get top speed sticks for whatever
new motherboards will support

Lol my i5 8400 still beats every budget ryzen out of the water

lolno, locked and turbos up to 4ghz when you can oc literally every ryzen to at least that, not to mention threadlet, 2600 is cheaper and doesn't have jewish jizz on the IHS or literal electronic AIDS

Attached: ScreenShot_20180917141601.png (1104x396, 126K)

>DDR5 will probably be cheaper after it launches until normie devices will start using it
Thing that never happened

My current pc has a 1300x and a gtx 960
How much do you think I'll need to shell out once Zen 2 and the new amd 7nm gpus come out? I'm alright with my current build but I wish I got more than 40 fps in some games and it didn't take so long to compile stuff.
I like the idea of having a "backup" desktop that I can also just use as a second screen or something, so I don't have to restart to use winblows, I can stream (I'm unironically a semi-pro in my game), and I don't have to alt+tab.
If I'm buying a new cpu and gpu anyways, I might as well spend the extra couple hundred on everything else as well, right? Besides, i fucked up my pc last time I tried to upgrade it due to retardation.
Do you think I could get a system roughly twice as good in terms of benchmarks compared to my current one for like ~$750-1000? I was thinking of something at least comparable to a 2600X + gtx 1070, if not 2700X + 1080

Ryzen 3 won't reach that frequency on first gen 7nm.
But they will surely beat Intel in IPC.

7nm isn't exactly around the corner.
Ryzen 3 isn't coming until May or June, maybe even later.

Well, zen itself was aimed at 3ghz and was made using a low power node. Zen 2 isn't doing either and they have a process advantage so I'd say that clock speed isn't that far fetched

What are you talking about, that's 100% Microsoft's fault. It's still possible to get into Win7 via some unsupported patches.

7nm TSMC is still a low power node.
It has nothing to do with the GloFo 7nm HP. It will definitely be extremely efficient, but that doesn't mean it will easily reach 5ghz.

Lol the integrated graphic on the APU is better than intel integrated graphic. That aside, not everyone is building pc for gayming.

TSMC has two versions of 7nm, it's on their site, mobile and high performance.

my ryzen 1700 is dope af. can't wait for 7 nm ryzen mobile to finally upgrade from my trusty t520.

By Jove imagine how Thicc the 5nm and 3nm ones will be
Tr2 sockets better be EVEN LARGER I WANT THE ENTIRE MAIN BOARD TO BE CPUS

They will use 7nm HPC for Ryzen and GPU products, and 7LP for EPYC at TSMC. I'm pretty sure Ryzen 3rd gen would clock much higher than the 1st and 2nd gen

Shitty Intel will go under and all it's shills will die off I hope.

>Ryzen 3 isn't coming until May or June, maybe even later.
do you have any source to back it up besides your ass?

that's around the corner in grown-up time.

New laptop cpu's.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-17-15-29-07.jpg (1080x1920, 691K)

why buy this when you can get an i5+1060 laptop for under $600 used?

Should i buy ryzen 1200, and wait for zen2 or just go with 2600 and be broke for this month? Poorfag btw.

But it happened with DDR4? On release ddr4 was dirt cheap, only when smart phones and other handheld began to use ddr4 did the prices go to retarded levels.

price fixing.

>compete with i9s?
I think you mean "crush the i9s".
Intel's 14nm+++++++++++++++++ is behind TSMC's 7nm by a considerable margin.

The 2600X rapes your chip. Nice try though.

i cant wait for zen2 and zen3 such a big advancement

because i dont want a laptop with 30 minutes of battery life

actually waiting on 7nm next year to make a complete new build with it need to upgrade from my 3770k its getting old now. Almost tempted to buy the 2700x but i can wait a bit longer. Also when is amd making a new high-ish end gpu?

next year 3rd quarter Navi comes out.

that's good then i'll be spending a pretty penny next year can't wait for an all amd build lets hope no fucking security holes.

AMD is fine with security holes. they don't cheat like intel for performance.

TSMC has two tracks for 7nm, one is low power, which has its own separate and distinct BEOL in addition to low voltage transistor libraries. The other track is 7nm HPC, a higher power process that offers up to 45% frequency uplift vs 16FF+

is the r5 1600x still worth it?
there's is a $85 difference with the 2600x in my country

I would go with the 1600, gives you a better excuse to upgrade in a couple years.

Maybe you can get first gen 8-core aka (1700|1800)+?X if you add 85 bux?
But yeah, for 85 more 2600X it's not worth it.
Honestly, I regret not getting the 4-core for even better excuse for an upgrade. The only times I've utilized all 6 cores were during compiling or streaming vidya.

Good but where are ryzen-2700U laptops?

It doesn't even need to do that frequency to toast intel. GHz fags are the worst.

WHEN DOES 200GE FINALLY HIT THE FUCKING SHELVES GOT DOMMIT?

>beats out of the water

Attached: 1528617558960.gif (235x250, 97K)

Based mummy Su milkers