WHY IS THE SOCKET SO HUGE

REEEEE

Attached: 1516735062620.jpg (800x522, 115K)

Makes me wonder why they haven't released a model with a decent GPU, and repurposing some leftover Infinity Fabric stuff to connect to video ports.

Attached: Hinata.jpg (800x800, 88K)

4 dies 4094pins

shhh.... is OK bb I'll be gentile

It means it's already been through a lot of CPUs avoid at all cost that is not an MBILF

I M A G I N E

Attached: 1500639922851.png (2250x2324, 107K)

is threadripper better at gaming than ryzen.

I know 8700k is better than eXtream cpu for gaming but what about for amd?

you realize that direct die cooling is 5deg better than solder. having soldered cpu is actually bad. harder to delid. if you OC direct die is best putting IHS back on when you delid it is retarded.

CPUs have graphic cards integrated in them.
Soon they will have the whole board integrated in them.

it needs a lot of space for all that glue

It's a watered down SP3 socket.
SP3 supports 8-channel DDR4 and 128 PCI-E lanes. not to mention the fact that 32 (potentially more) cores need a lot of power. Takes a lot of pins to do all of this.

Probably roughly just as good

I was feeling down, but this post made me smile. Thank you user.

they're all zen cores my dude. It's all in the clock speed

Attached: ipc.png (674x800, 53K)

Cpus are not just going to keep getting bigger right?

Whats stopping cpus essentially being the heat sinks themselves? By this i mean the shape of the cpu being the shape of the heat sink to increase surface area for a multicore.

3d cpu shapes.

This way the socket on the bottom could be the same footprint but the surface area of the cpu might allow say a 128 core cpu in the footprint of a 4 core cpu?

Providing the TDP was low enough they would disapate heat right? could they make cpu cooler fins fit between the fins of a cpu with a thermal compound and make the case be a giant heatsink?

Could we have crazy thousand core cpus the size of a 5x5 rubix cube, with a heatsink the size of a shoebox inside of a regular computer case?

Its all about surface area right?

that form factor is kinda cute

I started building computers with AMD athlons, when they didnt even use lids.. I never cracked or damaged any of the dozens i worked on.

Conspiracy theory: If you delid an intel you need to make huge considerations when applying the heatsink to the naked die, with fractions of a millimetre being enough to 'rock' the chip in one way to make it so the contacts of the CPU dont touch the contacts in the mobos socket and cause it to not even post. I figure this was all a way to cut back on precision needed when creating the socket and cpu. I mean everythings gotten even more cutthroat in the industry since 2000, so why would intel implement a system that literally adds 5C(or more) to the cooling? It seems like such a simple way to bump performance up, but it would require a bit more effort in manufacturing and probably more pieces that did not meet the QoS...

>buy server CPU
>wonder why its huge

BIG
BEASTLY
CHIP

Modern CPU coolers weigh a lot more and have much higher mounting pressures. The dies themself are also more fragile.
You do realize direct die cooling is completely impractical and voids your warranty?

Attached: 04b02ee2ef6b313d9dd849d644ee5ad2.png (696x678, 174K)

What, too thicc for you?

too big