/hsg/

Home server general /hsg/

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2018-09-06 at 1.51.24 PM.jpg (960x1280, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/tutorial-install-ubuntu-server#0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

/hsg/ is dead.

Attached: sad-cat.jpg (300x400, 15K)

I have Orange PI Zero sitting right in front of me next to my router which is connected to a switch and switch is connected to a WAN cable that comes in my dorm room. Basically, there's a cable from switch that goes to everyone of my roommates and me (so 3 cables). I suppose I should set up a server of some kind so that that SBC doesn't just stand there but I'm kinda concerned about security. My router supports connecting to a single device that is connected to it via a domain it provides. So, what are some cool stuff I could do? Is it plausible for me to set up a web server and host my homepage or something? How do I into this?
t. retard

Pretty much.

ComfyOP should make a better pasta. FTP site is down so we need a new FTP server. Spot the irony,

Attached: MK.jpg (1920x1080, 204K)

One site here: ftp://50.31.112.231/ but no madedir permission.

Attached: kotobukiya_hoihoi-san26.gif (306x200, 60K)

How do I set up a home server in my new house? Like what router modem should I buy and shit?

Is this helpful?
tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/tutorial-install-ubuntu-server#0

As for "router modem" I am not sure what you mean. Most fibre or cable modems have a router function but could be separate and you could also have a second router on the inside with firewall and deep packet inspection (e.g. Snort) in a distribution such as Smoothwall.

does any of you have some expierence with openvpn?

yes

I have a vps with an openvpn server installed, that vps have some domains asssigned to it, i want to transfer those domains to my local router behind a nat, my router is pfsense, and use those domains with the dns resolver of pfsense, but I dont know where to start

Not home, but THIS is what $2400 looks like.

I can't believe I'm going to trust my job security to this piece of fucking complete goddamn shit.

Attached: IMG_20180917_140018.jpg (5312x2988, 2.05M)

why didnt you buy an old dell?

How is that 2400$? Did you hid money under the case?

Attached: 1506077439608.jpg (1422x800, 97K)

I think you want portforwarding on your VPS but please rephrase on a high level what your goal is. You don't seem to know a lot about networking and that makes it easier to give you better solutions.

I would have gladly if a halfway decent surveillance system software package existed.
I just grabbed pretty much the same box we already had (that I had no part of) for a new site I have to set up.

And I got a box full of Chinesium cables, terrible fans and lack of fans, and hot glue fucking everywhere.

is that an nvr?

It's a camera server, so I guess I'm also paying for the licenses and the software

i thin there are plenty of software to do that

I am already angry about the software.
Why the fuck do I need to put the disks in raid. It's fucking video storage, just load balance between them. What the fuck.

Lots of fans
Heat sink fins placed 90 degrees to air stream.

Just who designed this??

Im a noob with networking/servers.

I want to setup some sort of encrypted cloud storage. Could i do this with raspberry pi 2 and a harddrive?
Would it be better to use some like a NAS?

you can use something like FreeNAS which is a linux distro for that

I just have an R210 II running opnsense, trying to pick up a R510 for a decent price

bro, if your cameras works with onvif you can use almost any free software for that

whats a good hardware/FOSS setup for something like video surveillance ?

I tried zoneminder. It was shit.
I've tried ispy in the past, also shit.

sorry forgot to say, small scale / home stuff

Literally obs.
I'm the $2400 nvr guy btw

Have a look at owncloud

That depends on what kind of setup you want. And how advanced you want it
Simplest way you can do this is SCP (over ssh) which can indeed be done on raspberry. pic related.

Need more info if you want better advice.

Attached: winscp.png (1076x694, 80K)

How is next cloud?

Simple. I want something like google drive. Also something i can stream movies and music off of.

for google drive try owncloud, for streaming try plex