It's time for a FORK

Code of Conduct can FORK OFF

We'll make our own Kernel with blackjack and hookers.

Let the SJW tumblerinas run their hugbox kernel into the ground

Attached: photo_2016-02-21_18-51-01.jpg (1280x816, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

contributor-covenant.org/adopters
raw.githubusercontent.com/majestrate/XD/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Let's be real OP - have you ever made a commit to the Linux kernel?

Sorry but I'll stick with windows.

No, but I will donate to anyone who commits to the forked kernel

Okay, so realistically how would we go about this? I think we should make it real simple by forking the kernel source as well as the GNU utilities and some other software, and we can then build it into a single Linux distro.

We would need at least the following:
>GRUB or some other bootloader
>the Linux kernel itself (compiled with support for XFS and EXT3/4)
>an init system like openrc or runit
>basic GNU utilities, compilers, shells, editors
>a basic web browser (maybe NetSurf)
>a basic window manager (mwm, pekwm, fluxbox)

What else?

Attached: angry.jpg (640x619, 19K)

Oh and by the way, we can use pkgsrc as the package manager. That shit works on an *nix system under the sun.

Attached: 1536544202743.gif (652x562, 626K)

You and me both brother. If it can't run Lightroom and Photoshop then it's not a real operating system.

For starters we need someone to keep a Kernel Fork General up on Jow Forums at all times.

Why do mods keep pruning these threads

The fuck

>Why do mods keep pruning these threads
>The fuck
Because almost all of them have nothing to do with technology.

Now the Linus is on a perma-sabbatical. Who could be the right person to maintain the fork?

Does stallman have the skills?

Attached: fug.png (111x155, 50K)

yes but you're punishing the user for your own shitty design
there's nowhere else on Jow Forums to talk about this, especially since you shitcanned /tech/, unless you think they should take it to Jow Forums, which is insane both from the perspective of "nobody there knows anything about anything" and "making Jow Forums the default discussion board so that everybody ends up being from Jow Forums"
people are giving you eyeballs and content for free, even paying you if you bought a pass, and your response is to dickslap them for not being able to navigate your filing system
this is not "moot's tomatoes", this is you using us to plant/fertilize/harvest your crops, making us pay you to do it, and having the castle guard beat the shit out of us because we have to grow corn in NW-SW rows instead of the pattern your wife drew
sorry that the view from your tower is displeasing, majesty, but if we do what you want we'll fucking starve

also need to replace curl and eclipse

contributor-covenant.org/adopters

Sure. Let's have a bunch of illiterate retards who can't do shit past Lisp fizzbuzz maintain a fork of a kernel.

i'll make the logo

upvoted

>curl
curl is pretty much feature complete. There's no need to do anything except snapshot it and provide basic bugfixes.
>eclipse
It's not 2010. No one uses this anymore.

curl has the CoC. it's literally sjw

So does Linux now. That's why you just fork it in its current form and only provide bug fixes. There's no need to track mainline dev since it's a finished project.

This thus it can't work because cucks and girls can't code

based and redpilled

Holy shit Gnu/Linux is bad enough already without being divided and conquered by amateurs.

enjoy your diverse kernel

No you won't

We only need to pull all commits from the Linux kernel once in a while, reject the SJW stuff and replace all occurances of Linux with the name of the fork

GNL, Jow Forums's Not Linux/GNU

I like it

not a phone poster thats for sure

>I've never contributed to the kernel but I will fork it and keep it up to date forever, no problem :)
You will fail.

Illya should be in the logo

>We'll make our own Kernel with blackjack and hookers.
In fact, forget the kernel.

You are powerless consumers.

Microsoft Windows doesn't have this problem.

It's not a problem yet, it's just a sign of things to come.

fork the coc and make it based.

I'll do the logo

why fork, just move to openbsd

At the end of the day your fork will fall behind and be a giant security hole.

raw.githubusercontent.com/majestrate/XD/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md