Hacking a bird scooter

Shouldn't these things be easily hackable?

Looks like comparable electric scooters are worth $300-$600 dollars.

Couldn't it be cracked open and the gps module removed? Then you have a free scooter.

I can't find anything about this being done. I was confident that this would occur when I started seeing these things popping up.

Thoughts Jow Forums?

Attached: bird-scooter-1.jpg (1280x960, 268K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fccid.io/XPYSARAU260
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Put it back Jamal.

Give it back Tyrone

Who cares. Buy one or rent a bird quit feeding into your stereotypes.

I know they can be thrown in rivers

Sidewalks are for pedestrians, not s o y b o y s on scooters.

It is easy to hack, but you have to act fast.
I can disassemble one in 15 minutes completely, but I worked repairing electric scooters for a while.

Those scooters aren't roadworthy, so only sidewalks.
But I hate faggots who drive 30 km/h close to pedestrians, due to that assholes they are going ban my 8 inch faggot ride.

>$300 - $600

Lmao build one of these instead. Motor kit costs about $250

Attached: 5OB5.gif (700x504, 471K)

Nigs are waaay too dumb to do it. This is white collar crime.

You'll probably just need to strip the GPS module and and jump start the cables.

>Then you have a free scooter
Die in a fire, ya fukken thief.

Attached: Finger Tyke.jpg (480x349, 20K)

Attached: 1396979103742.jpg (300x291, 19K)

/n/ here. They sound an alarm and contact the police (actually just some fag at the company who relays GPS data to cops) if they are moved without being paid for. Paying for them identifies you. Scrambling the GPS before moving them sounds the alarm. Unless you are some elite hacker and can unlock them with hacks, or use a bank account that doesn't ID you, you can't move them inconspicuously. You need to open them up in the open, which you won't be doing if they have cameras watching them.

In ideal circumstances, you might be able to do it. I mean the scooter needs to be left in a place with no cameras, you need a nearby underground parking lot to scramble the GPS and need a car to somewhat muffle the alarm while moving it to the lot. You also need no cameras between on your route to the lot or in the lot, either. Then you need to open it up and kill the alarm/GPS. Then you need to hope the alarm and GPS are not integral to letting the micro computer work the scooter. It requires heist levels of planning just to get a 300 dollar e-scooter.

There's also another hypothetical way to get one, which I call, "the nig way". You dunk it in water to drown the electronics and alarm. Then you have a free 20kg push scooter.

Attached: 28ABCE00491B440585B271396D016E83.png (900x506, 473K)

Because of the way people just leave these everywhere, that might not be as hard as you'd think. Not worth the effort OP, but doable.

>There's also another hypothetical way to get one, which I call, "the nig way". You dunk it in water to drown the electronics and alarm. Then you have a free 20kg push scooter.
would this actually work? asking for a friend

Kick it on side, wait for a while.
Lock the front wheel (so it can't use hall sensors to read speed)
Unscrew all non-factory stuff (power tools are your friend)
Throw away GPS shit, and ride without any power fast to some safe place.
Study wiring and fix it.

Also GSM jammer will be a good idea

>stealing scooters
>white collar crime
This is pajeet level at best.

Or just put in the back of a trunk that's been faraday caged and take it from there.

That's pretty much what I said. You still need somewhere with no signal to actually start working on the scooter, like an underground parking lot or a tunnel.

what if you have a Faraday cage in a pickup or something to throw it in to take it somewhere to work on it?

Attached: johnny-depp-in-transcendence.jpg (1920x1080, 1.39M)

Just rent the scooter you nig

what if you had a faraday cage you could drive them into?

had the same thought

A pick up with a cage isn't going to muffle the noise alarm. Also it would cost more than it's worth to Faraday cage a truck bed.

Are those things for manlets or can you raise the handle bars?

with sound foam too. may not be worth it for one but thats why you make the evil business of kidnapping poor defenseless scooters.

Any idea why I cant click update and have to refresh the page?

Attached: no update work..png (576x396, 56K)

beat me to it although i was gonna say just carry large faraday shield tent around cover it and disassemble inside. truck is even better

I’ve thrown 4 of these in the dumpster on garbage day already kek

They have handlebars pretty high. And no, you can't raise them

In my state they're legally supposed to be on the street.

Good thing, but they are going to ban in my shithole. And it sucks, it meant that I will have to register it and drive on roads, and it is super sketchy with 8 inch wheels and max speed of 25 km/h.
Or I can drive it illegally, lol.

These are just imported Xiaomi scooters btw

Attached: tumblr_pf5bpd3H6n1xoyw8po1_540.png (540x444, 401K)

Shit, I misread.
If you have good drivers - good for you. But in my shithole it is kinda scary.

Noise alarm you retard. The scooter literally screeches "I AM BEING STOLEN. THE POLICE ARE BEING CONTACTED".

This is why you kick it, wait for it to shut up, and disassemble it on place without moving much.

Why didn't you just sell them?

extremely easy
rip out the control unit and buy a 15 speed controller from china

there is no hacking involved, just dont use their contoller

yup

Attached: 1532481402510.jpg (458x458, 21K)

How is kicking it going to do anything? Do you think it's some sort of vibration activated alarm like a car? It's GPS/wheel motion activated.

Ninebot/Xiaomi controller is quite shitty anyway, so you better install something third-party to enable 'zero-start' and no speed limit stuff. And more powah

>implying anyone would stop you because of the alarm going off
no one would care, people might record you but you're wearing a mask anyway

if you are worried about gps, throw it in a car, and dismantle it while moving on a fast freeway, once the controller is disconnected its just a battery and motor that needs a speed controller

So if you jammed GPS and cell phone frequencies and just walked by a pile of them it would make a shit ton of noise? This sounds fun.

I think it has some accelerometer, GPS, and I think it reads hall signal from wheel.
So you kick it, wait, lock the motor wheel (with a cork for ex), and disassemble fast.

And yeah, xiaomi are much easier, since you can use angle grinder to get to battery fast and disconnect it, while on ninebot it is pain in the ass to get there, so shorting power is much more easier option.

Mopeds too *honk, honk*

Attached: chen.png (512x512, 141K)

the control boxes are on back order from china.

not unlikely related to new US tariffs on China

sounds like you should steal one for a youtube video then

Lemme guess the nig way happens in oak town all the time

Couldn't you just cut the wires at night with a ski mask on or something?

What wires?

Bottom left front wheel looks important. Pretty sure the other one is the break but maybe do that also.

You moron...

Lol, could also buy GPS jammer.

>collar
cant even spell "color" correctly. how dumb are you?

Attached: dumb.png (205x246, 5K)

heh

Why don't you just buy a scooter at that point?

not that guy but I hope you are trolling you stupid Europoor. everybody knows what white collar means, nobody is this dumb.

Do you need a motorcycle license to operate one of these?

Just got this error too. Turned out to be fucking adblock.

I've never had this happen before wtf.

Attached: adblock.jpg (791x806, 303K)

Here's the hardware that's added on with a missing part.

Attached: heregougo.jpg (3036x4048, 3.17M)

Or just flash the ublox over usb

I thought the handlebars were too low lmaooo
Wouldn't recommend it. Best make a test platform if you wanna go all the way.
fccid.io/XPYSARAU260