/sqt/ stupid question thread

Stupid question thread.
Ask your stupid questions here.

>Read
→ → → → → → →

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7
>Last thread:

Attached: 63 crop.jpg (666x666, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/39qnll/guide_for_microsoft_windows_office_and_adobe/
github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming
advancedrenamer.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

super duper high tier artist

Attached: 1379257064990.jpg (883x1280, 663K)

is Jow Forums broken for anyone else? threads aren't updating until I refresh them

I've always wondered
just how the fuck does SWAP work? I've read places that it can apparently be a substite for RAM in some instances?

Yes he is, Satan.

FUCK YOU

are all-blue wallpapers bad for AMOLED screens due to shorter blue diode lifespans, or is that a previous AMOLED generation thing

huh??

Can anyone tell me where I can get a copy of a newer version of excel for free? TPB is down forever and I don't know of any other decent sites to go to because I'm an idiot.

There's a software thread in /t/

Is there any way to run a program that requires the JRE without having the JRE manually installed?

reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/39qnll/guide_for_microsoft_windows_office_and_adobe/

I need a new mouse but need these features

>3-4 thumb buttons on the thumb side
>decent sensor for competitive gaming
>little or no lighting/rgb
>110 grams or less
>wired

What mice is this?

any opinions on brave browser?

whats the best windows 10 pdf reader?

Lads, LaTeX or Indesign for resumes/CVs?

How can I see the metadata of opus files in Windows 10?

How to stop screen tearing on fullscreen games?
Windowed mode kinda does its job but not all games support it and its only dual buffer. So I either get 60 or 30 fps.
anyone had this problem?

> How to stop screen tearing on fullscreen games?
Freesync monitor if you're on an AMD GPU,.or the far more expensive G-Sync if you're on a Nvidia GPU.

Been a while since I've done an install so I'm no longer sure of my knowledge?
Is it possible to install windows via USB off the boot menu and keep your user settings while migrating from one version of... let's say windows 10 to another.
>EG Win10 Pro to Ent. LTSB or Home to Pro.

I had some shenanigans go down and I need to install pro on my computer and I'd prefer not to screw up my user settings and programs if possible.

why do all the chan extensions with greasemonkey and what have you seem dead

i need a new install and appchan x isn't working

so i just finished learning the basics of c++. what other libraries tools and frameworks do i need to know before i can be a ebin brogrammer and start contributing on github?

reading about stuff like cmake and qt makes me feel like I'm still unaware of most of the pro things

>Get Adobe Premiere Pro
>Do a little project
>try to export it
>"Sorry, you need Adobe Encoder"
>wtf, I need a whole other download for this program to actually let me do anything?
>whatever, get Encoder
>Go to export
>Encoder does nothing
>Open Encoder
>job is in queue
>start queue
>PC slows to a halt

Am I literally retarded or is this just the way Adobe software is? Premiere Pro won't do anything without the encoder? I can't just make a simple file? And then even if I do use Encoder it does nothing until I open it?
This can't be right, right? What have I done so wrong?

Attached: 1516722872007.gif (384x384, 61K)

Artist?

a bunch of not too important stupid questions regarding videos here. I'm currently using both MPC-HC with madVR and mpv and I'm trying to decide on which one to use.
which one has the better quality playback? if MPC-HC, shaders or no shaders? if yes to shaders, which shaders for what types of videos (movies vs digital anime vs old cell animation anime etc.)? I'm already using madVR, is there any other room for improvement? anything else I should know in general?
which one takes better quality screenshots from videos? if mpv, what config?
and one more question, what would be the right command to run to remove parts of a filename for multiple files? I need to remove the "[Dual-Audio][1080p H264 AAC]" and similar shit from a lot of files so they're more organized and clean, but manually takes forever and last time I tried doing it using cmd I fucked up and the first half of all the filenames got erased so I wanna make sure I do the right command

Oh shit my bad the export button is right there but it was greyed out so I didn't pay it any attribution

No bully, though that does lead to my next question. How can I reduce these encode times? Any video settings that can help a lot? I'm outputting h264 if that helps

I need to return an overpriced mouse and keyboard that I ended up not liking but the store is kinda strict and needs a valid reason for a return

What's an acceptable yet vague reason to return a mouse and keyboard?

Like they said the last time you asked this, tell them it hurts your hand, and act like a faggot. Shouldn't be too hard for you.

You just described my Logitech G500s.

Full screen, enable vsync. On most cards you can also force vsync in the drivers.

Like they also said, stop shopping there - that's illegal in most of the civilized world, "unsatisfied" is reason enough. But if you live in Bolivia - hook them up to a 9v and say it was DOA.

My new GPU arrives today

Do I have to uninstall old drivers first? Or just install new ones right over?

I got a gigabyte GTX 1070 G1, with fans off it is sitting at 48 Celsius idle and when fans are on it is hitting like 60 Celsius on gta 5 should this be happening?

I always install the new one driver, test it out, then delete the old one.

The fans are turning on because the card is getting hot. How fucking stupid are you?

why are privacy screen filters so expensive?

Corporations have money.

Attached: c3a0ad555d9d2c6309c01ca7cf4a98d2b1f6bdebd56a4176ee944048cbe9b91a.jpg (500x530, 51K)

What about something like MediaInfo? Works for a bunch of things, not just opus files.

how do i select video quality when watching youtube with mpv?

If I download a W10 ISO from rg-adguard, which version I'm getting? Is getting it from windowsiso as safe? The only reason I want to maybe download from there is because they're offering me the pro ver of W10

Thank you so much for this.

Recently switched isps and my new one has a hard on for calling out my torrenting. Looking into vpns. Honestly dont care too much about complete anonymity, just enough to download shows. What are some recommendations on vpns?

Is there any dummies' guide to Mastodon instances? I'd like to learn more about decentralized socmed

>Lads, LaTeX or Indesign for resumes/CVs?
Can Taleo read these? I've only ever seen .doc and .pdf as upload options on company websites.

Latex for scientific papers.
Whatever you're most comfortable with for CVs.

What do you mean by user settings? You can export/import user profiles.

Pick up a project you wanna contribute to. Check out its libraries to see what's still ahead of you.

MPV with proper config.
Write a script.

--quvi-format

Google any current comparison and choose the cheapest/fastest.

Just don't.

Attached: 153387795492.jpg (756x945, 328K)

>just don't
Why?

My Father is 72 years old and want to browse the web for cheap. i ordered a raspberry pi 3 b+ for it.
I know the peformence isnt the greatest but is youtube finally working halfway on a pi with it's standard os? i know that entering fullscreen at 1080p basicly killed the thing. or is there a better alternative dist. for surfing the internet on a pi ?

Attached: 1536607324968.png (500x331, 344K)

How do I figure out what salary to ask for at interviews when there is no public data pertaining to my particular position to be found online about the subject in my country?

Attached: shimarin.jpg (300x279, 24K)

What are you, 16 years old? Buy him a real computer with Windows on it. He's 72 for fucks sake.

Job and country?

Data scientist. Romania.

My parents always ask me why I'm learning many kinds of programming languages and not just stick to one, how do I respond? I'm too much of a brainlet to be able to explain.

For context, I'm learning C, Java, C++, Python, I get that they have different purposes, but how do I explain it in words that old people or retards like me understand? Food analogies?

Tell them it's like learning how to use different tools. You can't weld metal with a shovel, you need a welding machine to do it.

Ask for 520,000 Leu, let them talk you down to 500,000

What are some semi-acceptable emailing services these days?
I'm not looking for something super secure or anything, I mainly just want to get off gmail and the super big companies.

I have a protonmail but I'm looking for something else as well.

This or it's kinda like learning a real language. If you learn English, Spanish and French you can communicate with a substantial amount of people on the planet if you need to.

wat

Range Murata

shit, forgot to half it.
Leu is your currency, right?
260,000-250,000

That's more than €110,000 or $125,000/year user. That's on the upper end of the salary range even in the US. Don't troll me please.

That the national average for the USA, but cost of living in Romania is half that of the national average. So, ask for the equivalent of $65,000

Ok, this works out to be a little over €50k/year, which seems more reasonable. But what do you base it on?

how much experience do you have?

how do i batch download images? im trying to download goes16 images that have dated predictable file names but i cant find any tutorials on how to do this.

jdownloader2

It would be my first job in the field, so no relevant professional experience. I already had one interview and they said that my background (I graduated mathematics and taught myself data analysis and machine learning with python) would add great value to their company, but they also avoided making a concrete offer so I suppose that did not mean much and it might have been nothing more than a polite refusal.

He should have stayed in Finland, maybe then his daughter wouldn't have become a generic American roastie who ruins his legacy.

I dunno much about salaries in data science but $4200/a month for ro is a lot
(for comparison I make 2200eur/month in iasi with c++ in fintech)

I've got a Galaxy S6 that died on me about a year that I'd like to try and get some pictures off of. They're family photos that I'd really like to hold onto. The light on the front of the phone is solide white whenever I plug a charger into it or whenever I connect it to a computer, but it won't turn on at all and the computer won't pick it up. Is there any way I could recover any data off it?

Attached: 1537034260308.jpg (500x372, 91K)

Do you think €2500/month sounds more reasonable? I found a study online (Brainspotting IT&C Talent Map Romania) according to which python developer salaries are about 25% higher because there's not that many in Romania. There seems to be a lot of secrecy around data scientist salaries though.

if you want something permanent, add this to mpv.conf:
ytdl-format=bestvideo[height

>Windowed mode kinda does its job but not all games support it
github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming
or do what the other two anons said

I'm not sure..obviously if you can get more, get more but if not, 2500 is more than enough (for me at least)

How do I make a custom run command for an unlisted web browser in Notepad++?

So my new speaker dosent really fit in the bracket very well... Should I still screw it in and use it when its like this anyway? Its for my car.
Posted this on /hpg/ already but i expect no answer there.
Thanks

Attached: 1537259415182.jpg (1920x1080, 253K)

Is Tinder basically a botnet? I know it's really close with facebook which is actually fucking evil so I'm really cautious.

>Go to hookup site to meet with strangers online
>Worried about botnet
Yes, it's botnet, but ya got bigger problems.

>2500 is more than enough (for me at least)
Are you talking pre or post tax?
I couldn't live off of that if it was before tax. Even after tax it would be difficult. Pretty sure in America you would qualify for assistance.

>Go to hookup site to meet with strangers online
I would be so autistically careful and private I'd have no success anyway user.

>€2500/m = Pretty sure in America you would qualify for assistance.
Translates to about 30K... So, if you were supporting a family of six with that, yes. Otherwise, best you get is the medicare expansion of Obamacare, and that only in the blue states.

How do I debloat a windows 10 iso if MSMG doesn't work on windows 7? What other tools for the job are there?

Attached: Capture.jpg (671x337, 102K)

>Translates to about 30K... So, if you were supporting a family of six with that, yes. Otherwise, best you get is the medicare expansion of Obamacare, and that only in the blue states.
Wouldn't the government give a family of six that much money if they were on unemployment?

If they were lucky, temporarily, yes, about that. Most folks on welfare live below the poverty line. (And, indeed, in most states, you can't live on welfare alone - oddly particularly true of the blue ones.)

You're not taking the significantly lower cost of living in Romania into account. $30k in Iasi, Romania can get you about as far as $75k in Portland, OR.

So, my idea of cutting the salary in half as the asking price was accurate?

I don't know. Other factors are at play too.

>I need to remove the "[Dual-Audio][1080p H264 AAC]" and similar shit from a lot of files so they're more organized and clean, but manually takes forever and last time I tried doing it using cmd I fucked up and the first half of all the filenames got erased so I wanna make sure I do the right command
This is what you want:
advancedrenamer.com/

Attached: screen_aren.png (1350x778, 135K)

thanks user

It's a couple of national averages. Give it a shot. Seems $60k USD would go a far way in gypsy land.

whats the best free(dom) data recovery software

I found this recent survey (a couple months old) for salaries in Romania (after tax, in euros/month), but once again no info on "data scientist" salaries.

Attached: ITC-salarizare.png (522x825, 140K)

How cheap are we talking? If you wanna go SOC, at least get an Odroid-XU4.

Old position +10% min.

Define acceptable. You can always host your own.

Jdownloader
curl

That's a really stupid question, cause it probably took you longer to write that than googling "recover data from dead phone". But yes, it's possible.

What do you expect as answer? It'll just look ugly.

Yes.

If you already know how to use msmg, just use a temporary win10 install.

Testdisk is about as good as it gets.

Attached: 6VgeqXv.jpg (826x960, 54K)

Tech noob here.

I have a 1920x1200 monitor.
My current setup has 1920x1073 usable pixels for web browsing after using some for taskbar/etc.

I want to condense them a little bit as my picture shows. Normally I wouldn't care, it's 7 pixels, but it is literally the difference between native resolution and scaling shit here. It would be nice to be able to view 1080p images/videos pixel perfect without having to fullscreen the tab. The loss in sharpness is annoying, and so is having to "zoom" in (and get a fuckin scrollbar popping up) or fullscreen.

It looks like this edit should bepossible. So, how do I do this?

Inb4 hide my taskbars. That's not what I want, they're there for a reason.

Attached: 1073 to 1080 how do I shrink this shit.png (616x1200, 28K)

Any tool to make plots like these?
LaTeX feels so convoluted whenever I want to make something *exactly* right.

Attached: nice_plots.png (662x1754, 399K)

With that new iOS / MacOS link, is there something similar for Windows? I want to bamboozle someone for no real reason.

You can't do that on chromium. It's way too complicated. AFAIK firefox already takes less than that

Go for what I said. Worst case they under bid you. Best case, they think you know more than you're worth, and pay you for it.

anyone could recommend a good xdelta3 gui?

I already tried Google seaeching and all I got was a bunch of sketchy looking programs that could supposedly recover my data. Well that and hooking directly into the flash memory chip, which I certainly don't trust myself to do. There are data recovery companies that could maybe do it, but I have some private stuff on there in addition to the family photos. I've already brought it into a repair shop and they couldn't fix the phone, and they told me the data was as good as gone. I figured that wasn't the case though.

>You can't do that on chromium. It's way too complicated.

Not saying you're wrong but I find that hard to believe. Doesn't sound too complicated, sounds like chrome is pretty shit then.

I guess the word for what I want to delete is "padding" aka empty space that the mouse can't interact with between the usable elements.

Got any recommendations for other things to try if this is indeed impossible?

Tor bridges not working, whats wrong?

It is shit. It's possible, but the source code is really convoluted, it takes a few hours just to build it and the code itself is a few gigabytes (maybe more i didn't actually check the size). So you can actually try editing that but there isn't a simple solution