I know basic C#. I want to create an app for my gf, because she is going to a different country to do her masters...

I know basic C#. I want to create an app for my gf, because she is going to a different country to do her masters. I want her to be able to push a button and get a cute message, but with a fair amount of random generation.

What do I use to build this? Is visual studio the way to go? It feels very heavy weight to me. Is there a more light weight less intimidating solution? I only know gamedev engines (unity) so this is new territory for me.

thank you kind anons of Jow Forums.

Attached: 8398605_p0.jpg (500x713, 173K)

sound pretty gay dude, if I was your girlfriend I would break up with you

Do you want a phone app or a desktop app? Tbh youre better off sending her cute tezt messages

Goal body.

Android studio + java would be the least "weight" and more purposeful. But C# in visual studio isnt really heavyweight either.

I think she would like a bit more if you just send her cute messages while shes away desu. I think the app should do something different if you want to make something for her, try making a cute game if you're familiar with it!

Attached: 1499281940316.jpg (782x577, 30K)

>she is going to a different country to do her masters
uh oh...

read a book user

She will keep on pressing that button as jamal fucks her

these

>gf
>my
>CS cuck
>anime cuck
>micro cuck
LOL

You could use VS Code as an alternative to Visual Studio.

Use python to send a SMS everyday directly through the SMTP phone number address easiest way and you can spoof it to make it look like you're sending it.

>TFW you can answer the question but you'll still never have a at gf doing her masters. Feels bad.

I realized how stupid it was to suggest a language you can use c# if you want use anything you're comfortable with you can achieve the outcome with any language. Use something like the quotes by design api to get the quotes if you wanna make it really personal since you seemed kinda vague throw on keras and tensorflow and train a CNN by manually rejecting some quotes from the api for the first few months.By then the CNN will be able to takeover assuming the api you are using doesn't start reusing the same quotes. Which you can avoid with multiple source or just shitty horoscope quotes of the day. Hope this helps.

Attached: 1535343605734.gif (286x258, 2.51M)

anime website

She’s going to get BLACKED senpai

>I want her to be able to push a button and get a cute message
That is the most autistic thing I've ever heard.

Also, why not just make a web app in 3 lines of Javascript and 3 minutes.

ever heard for python

Oof

I'm afraid it's gonna be this. Leaving a young gf to another country is always a mistake. Anyway cute idea OP.

>I know basic C#.
I don't believe C# is the go-to language for any phone platform. I'm very sure there are ways to write phone apps in C#, but I would not start off that way if you're looking to get your feet wet.

Swift is the language for iPhone apps, and Java is the language for anything Android based. Start off with either/or.

>Is visual studio the way to go?
Visual Studio (and all IDEs) are just more convenient ways to generate code. You could write all the files in Notepad++ if you want and it would work exactly the same.

However, it makes complete sense to use an IDE for developing phone-apps because of the large amount of boilerplate (technical configurations) are best just generated by an IDE.

Which IDE you want to use depends on what you're writing. Xcode is the one for iPhone apps, and Android Studio is the one for Android.

He doesn't know, fuckhead. That's why he's asking what he should do.

this is so fucking stupid i don't even know what to say.

C# truly is the cuck language

You mean ruby

If you want to use c# go for xamarin. It is integrated in visual studio

If one knows c#, they can use xamarin to create mobile apps for any platform. It's easy to create an app with after doing a few tutorials. If they already know c# xamarin is a good way to go.

>cute message
>less intimidating
oh boy

Just make a big fucking .bat file. Then just get the fuck out of here.

shes going to cuck you big time user, and theres nothing you can do to stop her.

Xamarin and some cheap/free webhost like heroku. Visual Studio is great on memory compared to android studio and swift tooling is shit if you are not using MacOS

Make a web app not a mobile app

I am sorry, but this is what I think.

VS or VS Code, even if you install something like Qt creator, it's way more work also installing Min GW and so on. Just use VS. Uninstall it if you don't need it. Don't check all the things that you don't need during installation.

import base64; import tkinter as tk
root = tk.Tk(); frame = tk.Frame(root); frame.pack()
slogan = tk.Button(frame,text="What is OP?",command=lambda: print(f"{str(base64.b64decode('b3AgaXMgYW4gZmFnZ290'))}"))
slogan.pack(side=tk.LEFT)
root.mainloop()

instead you should make an app that scrapes animal pictures from twitter. girls love that shit.