TRY NetBSD

>TRY NetBSD
Seeing everyone have a heart attack over linux and people considering OpenBSD. I'd love to show everyone that NetBSD is a thing and it does have a community. We can point fingers and call each os retarded for various reasons. But, try it. NetBSD runs on so many platforms and devices unlike some BSDs so you'll be able to run it. If anyone would like a list of reasons for the use besides "it runs (almost on everything)" or why/how I use it feel free to ask.

Attached: download (2).jpg (284x177, 7K)

if i can run wine and steam on it, i'm jumping ship right now

wine should work. idk about graphics drivers

if it can run Castlevania Lords Of shadow 2
I might give it a try

How is their hardware support? If it can deal with my mobos sound I would switch (hint only linux starting 4.11 support it)

It can run wine. I haven't ran steam on it so no idea. If we get more people on it and wanting certain software ported then it's more likely to happen. You can run Xen on NetBSD and use a vm of windows for gaming no idea what the performance will be like, probably horrible.

I was able to run it on very new hardware and very old hardware. It pretty much runs on anything. That's what they hope to achieve, to be the most portable. They support a massive list of architectures. BUT performance might not be super solid on devices that arent used as often as others but NetBSD on its own is already very fast and I'm sure to have it just work is a benefit.

hdmi work?

Do you still have that video. The one of some weeb installing netbsd, it was passed around on Jow Forums some years ago.

It was funny because the first result for "NetBSD" on Youtube was a 2ho loli.

So yes its most likely to work.

how's the wifi card support?

Yes

Works on all of mine. You can try it and find out or just list your card here and I'll check

>sad
Nope I don't have that video I wish I did though.

I would like to test this. As far as I know linux is always ahead in support of new software, and since my sound in mobo is new stuff AND sound is not really priority to bsd's (small clarification, I am speaking about full sound in/out on my mb - basic outs work on old linux and I believe would work on bsd, it is optical connection that doesn't work on older linux)

with you exposing my sister like that? I think not.

Attached: oha.png (500x296, 83K)

She likes it though.

Glad to here you might test it. Hope you have good luck and if you have a question feel free to come back.

>it can run on a toaster
>therefore it will run well on your computer
The conclusion doesn't follow the premise, OP.

NetBSD its on my list to try on a virtual machine

Netbsd --> lot of code for different arch/'s (plattforms)

== code is harder to audit ??

heard this somewhere....

I'd like to know what the biggest cons of using netbsd are. I simply want to know what are the bad things that I should expect.