What os will you be switching to now that linux is dead?

what os will you be switching to now that linux is dead?

Attached: Capture.png (906x179, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lore.kernel.org/lkml/CA 55aFy Hv9O5citAawS mVZO [email protected]/
github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/8676df503092dcdd757b1120fab03bfbce0ae1e7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

long time windows user here, no problems with trannies ruining your OS.

>using slashdot
pic related

Attached: op.png (1920x1080, 84K)

I'll keep using windows. Too bad, I always wanted to give linux a try.

Me too

if you knew how many people from those groups made the things you love, you might think differently

you won't, but it's nice to think you might

>you might think differently
Don't you love that humans made it to the moon?
nasa's rockets where designed by the 3rd reich V2 rockets got stolen by germans, english, americans and russians after the war.
does this make you think differently?

Jesus fucking fucking fucking Christ, is it ever going to be enough for you people wherever you came from? It's great, shitposting is fun, but come on. Give it a rest already. And why on Jow Forums of all boards?

HOW will free software help me get cute girls to sit on my face?

I refuged to macOS, the sanest of all BSDs after Dragonfly and OpenBSD, which unfortunately don’t work well on my PC. And Mojave is really damn comfy, waiting for .1 update. Really upsets me that a proprietary shitglued whackfest of software called Hackintosh works better than some of the most stable and secure OSes out there. I’ll also keep around a Windows partition just for some games. If Apple wasn’t such an ass and didn’t cockblock Vulkan just because of muh Metal, we could’ve likely had Steam Play on macOS as well, but hopefully someone ports it to macOS until Linux is liberated of those rainbow-haired tranny freaks. Although chances of it happening are really, really low. Maybe we’ll reclaim our kernel one day, maybe not. This battle may have been lost, but not the war, which is still going. But if you really love something, you’ve gotta let it go.

Attached: 9D26A7A7-4516-4F33-9A39-73CCCEAC908C.jpg (3840x2160, 1.02M)

I also appreciate the diverse amount of white men that created the technology I use.

making my own os, its the only way

Not a delicate snowflake so I'll keep using Linux.

fuck off sjw shill

>level of experience
Fucking NOOBS

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1495440761788.jpg (712x562, 36K)

Mac and Windows
Open source tards

GNU/Linux still because I honestly don't see the issue with the CoC, what's part is the issue?

Having a code of conduct at all is an issue.

That quote is horrible. That's not how the world functions. Delete it before it makes people dumb.

do everyone on the planet a favor and neck yourself lying faggot

The CoC will be used as a weapon to remove any developer who has ever commited public wrongthink. People who get their shitty code denied will point to the CoC and how they're being discrimated against because of their race / sex / preferred pronouns and shitty code will make its way into the kernel while prominent great devs get purged.

see: drupal, opal

Why? Is there something in the CoC that brothers you? I mean, they had "Code of Conflict" before, what's changed so much that people would be abandoning Linux because of it?
Eh, I'll reconsider if this happens, but just having a CoC alone doesn't bother me.

>the point of linux is to avoid centralization
>and you can have all this as long as you do what we say

>introduce something that can only be used to force people to act a certain way or be expelled
>well until they expel people it's fine!
t. PATRIOT Act supporter

I would agree with you if it was very strict CoC, but as of now, it doesn't seem very strict. Again, I'm wondering if there's something in the CoC itself that makes people in here expect the worst.

OpenBSD/Windows.
loving it so far, I think I will be just fine with BSD instead of Trannux.

read what do you think now you scoundrel backstabbing kike? got caught in your own trap? also SJWs havent made anything, they made things worse everywhere they go.

#metoo

it will bother you when you notice your OS starts to shit itself. Linus had bad behaviour but his ways were direct and strict... i think thats the problem. people are just pussies and or faggots these days. If you tell them he did a bad job his/her/fucking its integrity will shatter. Its because the parents were telling them you can be anyone and achieve everything when you were just a turd.

without nazis there would be no NASA and no moon landing.

how do you feel about that?

its funny that these autistic dorks dont get it until everything is collapsing down around them only then do they say " how did this happen ?!?"

I've been thinking of writing my own OS desu.

I'm gonna keep using GalliumOS on my chromebooks because it has a custom non-bloated kernel that the devs spend a lot of time on
or maybe haiku if it comes out of alpha
or i'll just get a mac. the brew package manager is pretty cool

If the worst case scenario does happen and it negatively affects Linux development, then yeah, it will bother me. But I just don't see it as a guaranteed thing as many in here do. And I don't think there's anything in the CoC that prevents people from being direct and strict, but in Linus' case what it would cut down on is the pretty unprofessional personal attacks. Being direct and strict was good for the kernel, but I don't think some of the over the top outbursts were, they even drove some developers away.

So you are, in fact, the guy who will let 40 million illegal aliens into the country while stating "you can't PROVE this isn't a bad idea, we have to assess after the fact!" knowing full well you can't undo that.

Yes, that's exactly what I was saying. Why take everything in the absolute extreme straight away, it's like calling someone a Nazi because they were anti-immigration.

fuck off SJW

it's almost as if terry's death was an omen and that we should all switch to templeOS
unless someone else has a better theory

we can fork our own "Linux" free of SJW bullshit and make it like the old one for "rules"
Now that Terry is dead, maybe we can use his OS as a base and make it better without removing the original tools and files by respect

it IS roo strict you dumb mkrons, it protects freaks' feels! Guys like Terry would be kicked and we need those like him

linux

Hmm? But with all the different distros out there how can they possibly enforce this retardation? Can't we just tell these faggots to fuck off?

If GNU doesn't get a nice COC to go with the Linux one, I guess I'll be moving to Busybox/Linux.

No, the Linux kernel is dead, not the GNU project. Stupid pastaposter.

There was no moon landing.

Back to .

I just switched to Linux. I don't care much about this shit because the code of conduct does not (yet) affect users. I can still shit on niggers, trannies and kikes.

However I'm noticing that for every good thing that I have, there's some shitty one. For instance, on KDE Plasma, with Chrome, not using system borders and title bars results in not having drop shadows. This is the kind of shit that drives me up the fucking wall. Microsoft has fucked up with Windows 10 on the aspect that many things seemed inconsistent, but I would have thought this was worked on for a while and shit like this wouldn't still happen. It just looks bad. Of course a fix for that would be just disabling all drop shadows but that's the stupidest way of fixing something.

I'll just lock my Linux kernel.

I will stay on arch

unironically windows 10 ltsb or ltsc whatever it's called now. minimal bloat free and made by pajeets instead of trannies

Few words can change things drasticly. After a war comes peace in a form of nice political enviroment - democracy. it gets boring and people start to missuse their rights. People get used to this and demand more - Liberty to be a pineaple and walk the streets like you are normal. Apply that to the CoC. Profit.

Its not dangerous now but if i was a CEO of a large tech firm i would definately missuse this and try to gain profit of it. Deleting the competions is one way of getting more profit. Infiltrating linux is pretty much easy now, It is already infiltrated at some point but this is the moment when you see shit like this that is getting updated into your kernel and not something... usefull.

looks fine on mine using chromium 69

I'll keep my gentoo for the time being. But I have already used different OSes like OpenBSD and Haiku. If shit hits the fan and suspicious commits get into the kernel, I'll have to leave or get a different fork or patchset.

Drupal and Opal were both shit projects to begin with. They had no value anyway.
Good people leaving these projects was a good thing, as they should have been working on something else anyway.

Linux is not comparable to these projects.

This is all good for linux, listen out
Linux is free.
Liberals dont do shit in their lives, no job or something minor that they think is a job. They surely play games, games that are not on linux.
Magically linux gets many ports of mainstream gay games. Your OS having more and more games is good because kids play them. We all know that the whole world earns more from kids than from adults. Soon you will play fucking Fortnite on your Gentoo you piece of shits.

windows already adopted this years ago. Cuck lover.

How is this good?

>dumb mkrons
>mkrons
what the hell is a mkron
>Few words can change things drasticly.
Sure. But not all words do. And how the CoC is worded, I'm not all that worried.

>its not.
get it.

Whats the list again?
OpenBSD, NetBSD, Minix, DragonFlyBSD and Haiku

But I thought Jow Forums was terrified that trannies are taking all the tech jobs

Fork your own, idiot.

I will keep using Linux because I don't care about what some random people shill on a cambodian cartoon forum.

So I'm not up to date on what's going on with Linux. How are trannies ruining it? Throwing random animu into the OS or something?

This is really nice.
I actually respect Linus now.

lore.kernel.org/lkml/CA 55aFy Hv9O5citAawS mVZO [email protected]/

It was over before it started. They already got him.

Attached: 1537302956131.jpg (662x2001, 772K)

How it dead? How is this going to ruin Linux and the OS's that use it

Quick, kernel devs, backdoor the kernel so we can rek the tranny kikes, also based lads lock your kernel for a while.

I mean, it's still FOSS, unless something better comes along

Conduct was already active on parts of Linux development since last year. It's funny how gaslighters didn't called Linux dead at that point.
github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/8676df503092dcdd757b1120fab03bfbce0ae1e7

Jew detected

What about hair color? I'm technically allowed to be discriminated because of my hair color.

What the fuck? How is this even okay?

backdoors in the binary blobs
ready to pwn.py

It will take at least good few years before Linux goes down the shitter. In the meantime I'll survey my options. The options are pretty much DragonFly and OpenBSD, since FreeBSD with its CoC++ is MORE pwned than Linux.

I wish Tiger were open source. I'd be happy to use it for another decade. I'd even send in patches, honest.

Attached: peak apple quality.png (1024x768, 150K)

Oh holy fuck, I've just realized what will happen.

Attached: fuchsia-open-source-os-by-google.jpg (900x500, 77K)

Linux isn't an operating system, dumb /v/edditor.

what’s the last uncompromised kernel version

The fact is, those people aren't demanding absolute change to products or forcing their ideology/identity to the forefront. That's why "no one knows" their identity. It shows they're doing their job. Other cases is very clear and evident forms of transfer of power by people who are more caring about their identity than their work.

Can we ban Jow Forums? This CoC is already used in a bunch of other projects. Anyone who’s saying “muh sjws” is literally retarded. Do you guys go to work and start spouting shit about the Jews too?

The only “Code of Conduct” a project needs is “make code that works.”

I don't want to send to you to /lgbt/, because /lgbt/ will legitimately be too right-wing for you.

Imma quit using this because they said stop being an asshole and as a proud asshole-american that discriminates against me

t.

Attached: mossadshark.jpg (690x400, 55K)

What is it about this that's pissing off the gamergate teenagers?

You can have rules (like "go to the mailing list for technical support instead of emailing the maintainer directly"), but more CoCs are not actually about Conduct. In reality a Code of Conduct is a flag that is raised over the defeated fortress of a project to signal to whom it now belongs.

> liberals don't have jobs

Boy howdy are you gonna be surprised by the politics of the people who create everything you use.

s/more/most/

This is literally everyone know have complained about the coc, but unironically

Attached: 1514899101605.png (990x760, 820K)

Example? Not a Jow Forums necckbeard just genuinely curious

No you guys are autistic, no part of the open source philosophy includes a section saying “you must deal with people being dicks and disruptive if they write good code”. You don’t have write up contribute to a project, and people don’t have to deal with you they don’t like you. If you don’t like that make your own fucking project.

It’s not like you fucks are involved in kernel development either

A black guy invented the traffic light i think

none of these people are programmers

Marie curie comes to mind. A woman invented windshield wipers. Idk after that. Probably some other shit

>open source
stop right there

Lol they don't use it. They just want to destroy it. And it's not organic. I think this is where intels $300m went.

Shirley Jackson

>hah even though I understand your argument you used “open source” instead of “free software” checkmate
Sorry, it was insulting to Jow Forums to say you were from there, even they aren’t this autistic. Go back to /v/

People saying they'll wait and see if something happens... It's less if something will happen, and more about what won't happen. That being what code won't get accepted, what people will get denied merges based on their politics.

Mac OS is not a BSD.