Backpack thread

What does Jow Forums use to carry their gear around? I'm just starting uni and need a new backpack asap.
>user suggests a messenger bag
No, those won't cut it, I need to fit a lot of stuff besides the laptop.

Attached: protects_your_laptop_AND_your_virginity.jpg (2000x2000, 552K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/80313568/
ikea.com/se/sv/catalog/products/20303402/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

TNF Recon

jansports
/thread

Eastpak Hutson. Just bought one and loving it.
It was the only choice for me because I needed the two large front pockets.

Attached: eastpak-hutson.jpg (1000x1000, 30K)

Samsonite Doubleshot, bought it for college and its doing just fine

Attached: Screenshot_20180918-135342_Amazon Shopping.jpg (1080x1242, 484K)

Attached: 1520075782635.jpg (474x474, 20K)

Backpacks are for autistic manchildren, get a messenger bag instead.

Burton is good. Lifetime warranty; tons of different colour and material styles. This is the one I have.

Based on my observations, Fjällräven backpacks are the most popular right now. They're mega over priced though.

Attached: 13649105666_1_509x720_72_RGB_1_1024x1024.jpg (509x720, 53K)

>spreading the weight evenly across both your shoulders and being comfortable is autistic

G O R U C K
O
R
U
C
K

Attached: goruckgr1.jpg (2400x1256, 765K)

Attached: IMG_4016.jpg (500x779, 31K)

I love their hoodies, they're thick and mine have lasted forever.
Haven't thought to try any other of their other stuff, since it's not exactly that cold where I live compared to others

There we go. Nothing against messenger bags, they have their purpose.
However, I need to carry a 14" laptop, multiple A4 notebooks, 1,5l water bottle, enough food for 8 hours of lectures and a pair of slippers for when going to labs.
Easily >10kg to lug around all day. This is gonna take a tax on one's back, question is how to minimize it.

Take whatever you like, it should just satisfy two conditions:
>do you look retarded with it?
>can you walk 30min with a load (let's say your laptop and some books) without hurting your shoulders and back?

Amazon backpack, it's been good so far. I can fit a lot in there.

Buy a good hiking pack then; with a lumbar padding and a hip belt.

Attached: 5039727-SWD01.jpg (600x600, 39K)

>double shot
>for school

m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/80313568/
Best i have found.

I bought a generic lifetime warranty outdoor backpack from Walmart because it has a sleeve for a water bladder that is perfect as a laptop sleeve and the hidden holes for the drinking tube is perfect for headphones and using my laptop as a battery bank for charging my phone. And the MOLLE netting allows me to attach a bunch of stuff to it. It also has a microfiber lined pocket on top for phones, glasses, etc.

It's basically the perfect backpack imo. I use it for camping between semesters and it'll hold all of my gear, including a hammock, a week of freeze dried meals, 2L of water in the bladder, and all of my actual camping gear and has hiking pole holders. All for $25.

Attached: 831d7413-4e08-4385-8756-3c2b2c211d9a_1.0d18621d3b70f0263d7a37c84d77bd96.jpg (1500x1500, 279K)

>enough food for 8 hours of lectures
So, like, nothing right?

Attached: 576DEC30-32AA-4413-BA9D-0CDC93B9F0D1.png (563x317, 77K)

not him but I usually bring an apple and some crackers on my long days to eat between lectures

Walmart has a good 31.5L bag on the cheap

Attached: 20180918_133121.jpg (3264x2448, 1.72M)

Used to have something like that back in Tech School, only it was more military-esque and came from the Bass Pro Shops.
I ended up swapping it out for a small solar panel backpack at the very last quarter because I didn’t need to haul around an entire fucking toolbox anymore and basically just needed my laptop. So speaking of which, any good recommendations for actually decent solar panel backpacks? Most of them are shit, I’d like one that can charge up a power bank for my laptop (if not strong enough to recharge it, at least strong enough to keep its charge from dropping lower).

Same poster:

They're roughly like $50, it can carry a 15in laptop, double water bottle holders, enough room for 9 notebooks, a binder, 3 folders, and a full sized coat.

>nothing
I'm going 9am to 7pm with no lunch break so actually 10 hours. 10min to eat something every two hours. That something I need to already have at hand.

DIY it, get a good panel of your own choice.

Gocuck's are overpriced.

A 30L Quechua trekking backpack since I carry college stuff, lunch box and gym stuff, which adds a lot of volume. I'll probably never buy another backpack brand.

18l is enough.

Attached: Osprey Axis 18 Backpack Black 518_1_LRG.jpg (700x700, 57K)

Yeah, I do a lot of camping and backpacking between semesters and I'm about to start a side job as an instructor with a wilderness survival school, so this is what it looks like when I'm not using it as my backpack for classes.

I don't know about solar panel backpacks, I just have a couple decent 5000mAh battery packs that have a solar charging option and I'll attach them to the MOLLE netting with carbineers when I need to charge them on the go, otherwise I just leave them in the sun at camp. They're excellent if I need to recharge one of my head lamps or the emergency rugged dumbphone I carry in case shit really goes bad (especially when I start teaching classes full of people that are purposefully under prepared)

Attached: IMG_20180918_143734.jpg (2058x3830, 3.99M)

For me, it's the 5.11 tactical rush.

Attached: 5-11-tactical-5-11-rush12-backpack-p889-2778_image.jpg (1000x1000, 87K)

Got it for free, lol

Attached: Snapchat-1894893343.jpg (1080x1920, 583K)

>literally wearing google spyware

Excellent bag. It's the one I recommend to students at the wilderness survival school. (I've been an assistant to the instructors, but they're making me an instructor this fall)

Anytime a student asks what bag to get for their "go bag" (i hate the term bug out bag), I tell them the 5.11 Tactical Rush if they're a taller person, or inexperienced and need the extra space for more gear, or the Outdoor Products Quest Day Pack for shorter people, ladies, and ultra light'ers. It's got less internal space so it's really best for UL and people who have experience with survival scenarios and have streamlined their pack down to the absolute necessities through trial and error.

Both are excellent packs, and the 5.11 is in my opinion the 'better' of the two, but in a cost-to-benefit scenario, the Quest is the better value if you're a short person, woman, or UL'er/experienced outdoorsman. For school use, though? 5.11 hands down. Especially if you've got to carry a fuck load of heavy ass text books.

Is this an amazon review?

Best two bags I have ever had

Attached: 9-18-2018 1-55-46 PM.jpg (459x490, 69K)

messenger bags are best bags

Attached: JB bag.jpg (500x359, 32K)

Same.

It's not the cheapest, but I enjoy the compartments for pens and accessories, and the main compartment fits water bottle, coffee mug, a couple of boxes of food and a PC.

2cool, its either this or a stone island one

Attached: dick oven.jpg (740x452, 150K)

Patagonia Refugio

Attached: 47912_BLK.jpg?sw=750&sh=750&sm=fit&sfrm=png.jpg (750x750, 39K)

Attached: KikeRazor.png (1064x698, 294K)

slimfold slimpack

waterproof
ultra light
holds a ton while still super small

possibly the best small backpack ever

Attached: SlimPack-front.jpg (1200x800, 33K)

Bought it on sale 8 years ago. I have literally NEVER used it... $35 so not a big waste.

I more often than not use a MEC slingbag with an old netbook, along with a water bottle and a few other small-ish things. Its great cause its all disposable cheap shit so if it were to get stolen, its not a big deal(i have the HDD encrypted and password protected to get into the bios and windows)

Jack Bauer cant be wrong.

Attached: flakpack.jpg (440x440, 46K)

Messenger bags are solid until you have a 15 inch piece of metal in it or anything above 8 pounds

You'll fuck up your back & shoulders in the long term

Just bought one

They sure are... For advertising your homosexuality to other queers so they know you're open for business. Anally.

If you buy any of these you will literally be bullied throughout the whole of uni

Get pic related and leave the autism at home, you should have learned this by like second mayyybe third year of high school at latest.

Attached: 6932_1_F[1].jpg (940x1000, 121K)

sling bag that i usually use(not my pic, nor the colour of mine. Mines grey)

Yeah, plus they're not comfortable to begin with, but they're outright unusable once you get over 8lbs for extended time. Thats the limit on my sling bag too(same idea as a messenger, but the weight is held a bit closer to your body so its a bit better. Not much though.)

Attached: img_0057s.jpg (2133x1600, 1.06M)

nice reddit spacing retard. go back there

>useless carabiner to look like you climb or someshit
>fucking autistic phone pocked in strap
>will fuck your shoulders and posture up

get the fuck out of here, like 90% of the bags in this thread look like something your mum buys you for your first day in year 7

>look guys I wear the same backpack MKBHD wears & you don't
>aren't I cool
kys

it looks so generic though, wheres the features and the outer pockets?

Funny, I wore and never had a single issue. Could be that I'm 6'7" and an ex hockey player, so that might have something to do with it.

Or it could be that people who go to university are adults and don't act like obnoxious children. If getting bullied was part of your uni experience, you must've gone to a really cheap uni

>Plebbit spacing
This meme needs to die. It's only plebbit spacing if a line with text ends with two white spaces after the final character and the line below it contains only two white spaces. Just breaking up a post to make it easier to read doesn't imply someone uses plebbit. But then again, this is the board where everything is called a botnet despite literally none of it actually being a botnet, so I'm not surprised.

you've never wanted to be effay before this time

Attached: 91vbEhP5sGL__SL1500_.jpg (1154x1500, 268K)

Effay Geewhy is more like it.
>/fa/? Jow Forums,Why?!

What a stupid thing to bitch about

Fagy? Yeah. I totally meant Effay GeeGeeWhy. But since I fucked it up, go ahead and point and laugh

literally any swissgear scansmart backpacks
they're durable, feature-rich, sleek as fuck, and is good for travel
you do get out of your house, right user?

>features
it's a bag, you put stuff in it. That's the only feature you need.

You don't need 17 pockets for your amiibos and 3DS

>Bullied in uni for a backpack
Where the fuck are you?

I don't know who that is I just know all these are the bag equivalent of pic related

Attached: iu[1].jpg (458x458, 54K)

>You don't need 17 pockets for your amiibos and 3DS
>implying

whatever helps you organize your shit, looks good(to you)
desu I think a razer backpack is cringy, I like my backpacks non-descript, rather than explicitly nerd-culture oriented.

>I don't know who that is
get out of here newfag

This.

>MKBHD

I think you're wrong, also you might be 14, also who the fuck is bullying people in uni? it's a bunch of fucking adults fucking learning shit...
Have you even been to uni?

I could really use advice on the best kinda bag for a laptop.

Its a 17" laptop and its about 3/4 of an inch thick.

Any one got any good bags in mind? only other thing I'd be keeping in there is a pair of headphones a mouse and a power supply.

Have any of you tried any of the IKEA backpacks? ikea.com/se/sv/catalog/products/20303402/

Best advice in this thread so far. Thank fucking god.

I just wondered if anyone had bought them and if in that case, they where any good.
Have you bought one?

ful nomad

Yes, for the price they're extremely well made.

The zip for the small pocket on mine took a couple tries to undo, kept catching on the material. Probably user error though.

$8 on Amazon - fits 2 textbooks and a 3 in ring binder comfortably.

The zippers suck though but after you've figured out how to not break them, they're fine. For $8 I got my money's worth.

Attached: everest stylish.png (529x663, 368K)

got it from the soviet Olympics held in the 80's the same game that made tracksuits popular

Attached: IMG_20180731_170911.jpg (4160x3120, 1.3M)

Attached: IMG_20180731_170911.jpg (4160x3120, 1.21M)

she folds up neatly

Attached: IMG_20180731_170911.jpg (4160x3120, 1.19M)

This is interesting!
Thnx user, i will go to Ikea and check one out!