Are new dumbphones good or should i get an old one?what about their battery life?

are new dumbphones good or should i get an old one?what about their battery life?
is there any dumbphone with zero internet capacity?
i want to stay away from internet addiction but i want to use calendar, the radio, calculator sometimes.

also general dumbphone thread

Attached: 1407799040236.jpg (1600x913, 108K)

Get a BlackBerry

lol no you can't even whatsapp on them

according to amazon reviews most are shit
but on the other hand only idiots write amazon reviews

You can't on a dumbphone either. And you can WhatsApp on bb10 devices

WhatsApp? Isn't that the app young attractive people use to communicate? Don't need it.

i never used whatsapp nobody in my country does
i want to stay away from instant messaging on the phone. i have nobody to spam sms to (not super lonely we just talk online)

go outside, make friends, get a life and live
you're welcome bro

>are new dumbphones good or should i get an old one
If you live in the US, you're going to want a new 4G capable one. Verizon already stopped activating non 4G phones on their network, is going to ban MVNOs who use their network from activating non 4G phones after the end of this year, and will completely sunset 2G and 3G coverage after December 31st of 2019. AT&T is also going to cease allowing phones that aren't capable of 4G on their network before the end of this year and is going to sunset their 3G coverage some time in 2020 (they've already ended their 2G coverage). T Mobile is sunseting their 2G service in 2020 as well.

I should also note that a good portion of new 4G smartphones (though still less than half) run KaiOS and are more of locked down smartphones in a non standard body. They even have stuff like Google Assistant integration and an app store. Basically, unless people get to unlocking them, those "dumbphones" are going to be even worse privacy wise than normal smartphones since at least you can get an Android smartphone that can run a custom ROM without GApps and with all the spyware taken out.

Do those things at least not have a GPS receiver?

>WhatsApp? Isn't that the app young attractive people use to communicate?
Not really, it's what everyone uses, pretty sure I wouldn't even get a job without being on whatsapp.

>it's what everyone uses
not the mutts, for some reason they still use sms

Never heard of it until now

>not the mutts, for some reason they still use sms
>sms
What the actual fuck? Why tho. It is worse in every way possible.

>Never heard of it until now
Where the hell do you live?

>2018
>sms
This has to be a joke

I'm not sure, but what's wrong with it having a GPS receiver? If you're worried about tracking, cell service providers get that information from your connection to their towers even without GPS. Apps that spy on you for parties other than your cell service provider are what you have to worry about using GPS, but the correct way of solving that problem is to not use those apps rather than worrying about whether your phone has a GPS receiver or not.

Probably the US, see

>Do those things at least not have a GPS receiver?
Already did, even some mutts know about whatsapp. Unless you are 40+. Cmon user. Next you'll tell me you haven't heard about kik (shitty american whatsapp)

Why the fuck did my pc quote that ??

>Next you'll tell me you haven't heard about kik
Exactly i haven't and don't give a shit.
I only use Whatsapp because it's mandatory if you want to talk to normalfags over here.

>I only use Whatsapp because it's mandatory if you want to talk to normalfags over here.
Thought you were other user. Fuck off faggot

i love you too

>i love you too

Attached: Fucking disgusting.jpg (399x388, 19K)

>facebook frog poster

>I wouldn't even get a job without being on whatsapp
Could you imagine working at a place where Whatsapp was required? Holy shit.

>>facebook frog poster
>facebook
Faggot I never used facebook in my life. Do they even frog post on there?

>I never used facebook in my life
Yes, you did :)

>Could you imagine working at a place where Whatsapp was required? Holy shit.
It's not required perse. Didn't say fired user. But why hire someone who you can't text with easily compared to somebody who is easily reachable. A lot of things like schedules and sickness get handled via whatsapp nowadays.

>Not using smoke signals
>not using solar calendar
>not making your own radio show
>not using your brain

Attached: 1532219544013.gif (300x243, 255K)

>Yes, you did :)
Not really. Also that's coming from the person that knows facebook frog posts. Which unless you use facebook you wouldn't know. So yeah user. Try again.

yeah i thought about getting one of those nokia phones, they looked pretty good and did most of the things i needed

but i ended up buying a nokia 7 anyway

Attached: 1473878488863.png (256x254, 143K)

American college student here, can confirm that before my friend went to Japan for a study abroad program, we had never heard of WhatsApp or Line.

>Line.
Line is a jap only thing tho. Whatsapp is pretty much used everywhere but the US and some parts of asia

zoomer detected.

See the second paragraph of: . Also, those new Nokia phones really don't have the great of support for the frequency bands used in the US for cell service. You may not have made too much of a mistake after all.