OH SHIT. SHITS HEATING UP, GNU+Linux is dead, lets face it. Who else /openBSD/ here?

OH SHIT. SHITS HEATING UP, GNU+Linux is dead, lets face it. Who else /openBSD/ here?

Attached: shiiitt.jpg (1295x834, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

openbsd.org/donations.html
youtube.com/watch?v=vPJsWQvQ-gs&t=1105s
github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/8676df503092dcdd757b1120fab03bfbce0ae1e7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

FUCK OFF, ALREADY

The only video that matters is Luke Smith's ™
It's uploading, should be up in a bit

Hi Luke

Sup user, remember to donate to important projects
openbsd.org/donations.html

fuck on

Attached: 1535193767214.png (800x689, 203K)

Holy shit did you fucking otherkin faggots really think you could just pull this shit and it would go through no protests? For the love of fucking god, think your own damn plans through for ONCE in your miserable disgusting lives.

at least link the fucking video

youtube.com/watch?v=vPJsWQvQ-gs&t=1105s

>OpenBaSeD

Attached: blowfish_final.jpg (200x200, 40K)

>FOSS community religiously thrusts their ideas about freedom and human rights on every programmer on the planet using the GPL
>but they can't tolerate someone doing something one tenth as strong to them in return
really makes you laugh

Are they not allowed to do that? I don't understand your point. The goal of ideology is to give and not receive.

they're hypocrites is the point

Why is hypocrisy a bad thing? Normies hate it but I've never seen them refute it. It seems to be a winning strategy.

who cares, only faggots and retards care about "contributor covenants" anyway. stop being a pussy shithead who sucks on tranny dick and just program computers.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (360x640, 29K)

if someone lies about the most important thing in their ideology you can't trust them on anything else they say or do

>if someone lies about the most important thing in their ideology
Where is this being done?

see:

>Jow Forums thinks that Theo DeRaadt will respect their feelings
This is gonna be fun. I genuelly hope that Jow Forums passes the installer and flocks the OpenBSD-misc "how do I startx" and "how do I get foo to work"

Attached: theo-sized.jpg (196x268, 20K)

Have you considered that free software and tranny dogma are not the same ideology, and that you can support one and oppose the other without being hypocritical?

yes, i have considered it, and concluded that it's a nonsense argument and has no bearing here.

>respect their feelings
the entire point of this is to get muh feels out of linux. to get rid of social justice fuckery.

Attached: 1509900674216.jpg (475x619, 68K)

So if I support freedom of information, I'm required to call a man a woman. Got it.

>he thinks they will be able to setup the wifi without a gooey
But yes this is bound to generate a bunch of golden replies on misc
Btw, to any and all faggots considering to leave linux for openBSD, I cannot be vocal enough about this
WE DO NOT WANT YOU
WE
DO NOT
WANT
YOU
The project works great, it doesnt have enough devs to waste time with incessant whining that is bound to happen if its userbase doubles or whatnot, ESPECIALLY from users that don't know their shit and won't RTFM and are used to using guides (ie the majority of the Linux community)
Consider also that by making openBSD popular you are making it a huge target for the same faggots that ruined linux and so many other projects
Leave us be
Really
Fuck off to windows I dont care

if you're ok with enforcing your personal opinions on one subject on other people, you shouldn't be surprised or offended when other people do it back to you on another subject.

>Consider also that by making openBSD popular you are making it a huge target for the same faggots that ruined linux and so many other projects
Good, maybe they'll fight back unlike you pussies.

>you shouldn't be surprised or offended when other people do it back to you on another subject.
I'm not surprised, but I do oppose it and I will resist it. You seem like the kind of person who would tell a boxer "you should let him hit you too, it's only fair".

then you're a hypocrite. admit it and move on.

That's a false equivalence. An organization is under no obligation to take on a code of conduct which could end up diminishing the efficacy of their organization and outreach. Plenty of organizations and communities do whatever they can to enact their goals -- refusing to capitulate to demands which harm the realization of those goals is NOT hypocrisy.
The question still stands: where did they lie? You've accused them of hypocrisy but you haven't shown where they were lying. You are very intellectually dishonest

what do you faggots think that will happen to openBSD when it will gain the functionality that Linux has now?
The SJW faggots will start cornering it from all possible ways until Theo breaks and gives in like Torvalds.
That's why we can't have nice things, SJW faggots will suck them, put them in their anus and ruin them for everyone.

t. butthurt tranny

I am a hypocrite and any sensible person should be too.

>fight back
To what?
Consider what you're saying
These people are mentally sick
There's no way to "win", they'll just keep shitting your forums and mailing lists up and waste your time
They are time vortexes that will never produce anything
The openBSD project so far works on donations and donations alone (I have donated and bought merch a number of times) and it's main purpose has NOTHING to do with fighting this cancer in tech
By getting a bunch of tranny fags to annoy its core devs, all you'll achieve is for you to feel better while they make one or two joke responses, and for that project's goals to be stalled
The best way to win against those people is to completely ignore them
If you fight them, you give them a sense of purpose, to keep fighting you. Just ignore them and they will eventually suicide

>Plenty of organizations and communities do whatever they can to enact their goals -- refusing to capitulate to demands which harm the realization of those goals is NOT hypocrisy.
true, it is completely within my right to refuse the GPL and choose to only use software with MIT or BSD licenses

also it's not my fault you can't read

social justice warriors are people with multiple mental disorders. the gpl is something entirely different.

>using guides
what's wrong with guides?

Attached: question.jpg (400x504, 36K)

ah, so you actually support codes of conduct for major software projects, you just don't like the people who are asking for them?

>trannies have taken over GNU/Linux
Oh no, I hope they don't...
uh...
I hope...
Well, whatever it is they do, I hope they don't get away with it.

Attached: 13423407_716333581803612_1140226571_n.jpg (480x480, 37K)

>Democrats are hypocrites for not letting Republicans tell them what to do

misc is boring anyway. Jow Forumstards are good if they donate, otherwise they can fuck off.

exactly this, +1 internet to you.

there's no "fighting," there's correct code and wastes of time. the more SJW's and Jow Forumstards piling on, the bigger the waste of time and OpenBSD suffers while morons get to validate their worthless opinions.

Attached: head.jpg (299x473, 36K)

democrats have been letting republicans tell them what to do for ten years now

No, you dishonest dipshit. Why do you act like the *content* of the "code of conduct" is completely irrelevant? Copyleft is a completely different set of ideals than those laid out in the Contributor's Covenant. Stop trying to equate the two

Hand holding
I understand why someone would do that, when you just want your OS to just werk so you can do things on it with its tools, but dont really want to waste time learning its inner workings
But openBSD is literally not tailored for people that don't want to waste time learning how it works
It is based on learning to find things out for yourself, the main motto is "get hacking" or something like that, and if you find a bug you are either expected to write an extremely technical bug report on it, or simply fix the bug and mail your solution to the appropriate mailing list (ie openbsd-bugs)

because the content is irrelevant. what matters is that you're okay with infecting everyone's projects with your own ideals but can't stand the idea of someone doing it back to you

>Can't handle SJW banter
>Thinks can handle Theos banter

Attached: i.jpg (259x194, 4K)

Just letting everyone know. If you do not care about this drama shit its best to avoid Jow Forums for a month.

Has Jow Forums really fallen so far it can't recognize an obvious troll and stop responding to him?

If you want to enforce a different set of ideals then start your own group. Don't force existing groups with existing goals to capitulate yours

you are free not to GPL licensed code or code developed by the free software movement, but if you demand that those people modify their organizations to focus on a different set of ideals, then expect people to take issue with that

Theo won't break, he's not a cuckold. He's rude and mean and blunt and he doesn't care if he hurts people, if he needs to do so.

no you stupid shit. the gpl is about freedom to use SOFTWARE but the coc is about mentally ill trannies forcing people to accept their BEHAVIOR

This desu, even Linus went on to say Theo was "Difficult"
That being said, and are right, you don't want to waste his time over shit like this

everyone enforces sets of ideals on other people. the point isn't that enforcing is bad, it's that people are being hypocritical in acting like this is the worst thing to ever happen

>but if you demand that those people modify their organizations to focus on a different set of ideals, then expect people to take issue with that
yeah, just like the FSF tells people that if they don't use the GPL they're not really supporting free software

see: the content is irrelevant

using software is behavior

Jow Forums STILL mad about this
just fuck off back to your contaimnent board already

you are literally fucking retarded. so fucking dumb

sorry you can't understand my posts

software is code. faggotry is tranny behavior. completely different things you fucking malicious parasitic virus

the choice of which software you use is a behavior, not a program

the behavior of the faggot is not the gpl. if you hate the gpl do your own licence and do your own kernel under the faggotry licence you mentally disturbed faggot

>everyone enforces sets of ideals on other people. the point isn't that enforcing is bad, it's that people are being hypocritical in acting like this is the worst thing to ever happen
People don't typically infiltrate established groups and force their ideals from within, like SJWs do. Until you can point out when Stallman did this, you can shut the fuck up and stop bringing up dishonest false equivalences.

>yeah, just like the FSF tells people that if they don't use the GPL they're not really supporting free software
give me an example of when they demanded that established software projects change their license or else. Also, the GPL doesn't mandate any behavior outside of the context of the project, so it's not like the CC which regulates behavior completely outside of the context of software development

if you're telling people what license they should use for their software, you shouldn't be offended that people want to tell you how to talk about other people. it's the same act, just a different subject.

man he is rambling like all fuck.
fucking bullshit video waste of time

>Hand holding
guides can be helpful if you're trying to figure out something with lots of moving parts like self-hosted email. I followed them extensively getting my OBSD network set up.

they also teach you to compare best practices, i.e., do you want some overdone calomel.org config or something dead simple like kernel-panic.it? depends on your specific goals (simpler/default usually better, especially with OBSD).

but I get your point, only retards post to misc asking for step-by-step instructions for things like "how do I open port 22 on pf."

>what do you faggots think that will happen to openBSD when it will gain the functionality that Linux has now?
what functionality are you even talking about? a journaled filesystem and the ability to manipulate hardware as non-root? or some other esoterica that OBSD shit-talkers always invoke when they summon the ghost of "it lacks features"? if I wanted someone to be able to mount autorun malware on my server, I'd just install linux.

Attached: main.gif (420x324, 22K)

>so it's not like the CC which regulates behavior completely outside of the context of software development
codes of conduct regulate behavior between humans, not software. it's perfectly valid even in your own framework

>a journaled filesystem
wait..
OpenBSD's filesystem isn't even journaled?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 354deaa3770912621bb816da070346ab.jpg (258x245, 12K)

They tend to only regulate interactions between humans in the context of their development roles within the project. It's a relatively recent trend for codes of conduct to demand that developers behave a certain way on their own time, in forums and places where they are not acting in their capacity as a developer.

>hypocrisy of freedom
commies, not even once

if you're telling people what pronouns they should use to refer to them, you shouldn't be offended that people want to tell you how to talk about other people. it's the same act, just a different subject.

trannies complain they arent accepted so how do they solve this? by force themselves where they are not accepted instead of making their own shit. hilarious.

No it uses soft updates instead of journaling

You sure about that?

Attached: 1533408354043.jpg (1108x1824, 1.03M)

Yup totally. I can see our IT team working through the weekend to get openbsd installed on our 5000-core cluster. Because that's what they're known for - reacting quickly to changes.

>5000 core cluster
>openBSD
I would unironically like to see how many of them would actually work, considering HT is disabled, in a realistic scenario

all posts in this thread are Jow Forums larpers, sage goes in all fields

I renounce all loyalty to Linux. I pledge full allegiance and full loyalty to OpenBSD.

Hell of a lot of ethical people. One would wonder why they didn't say jack shit when first conduct was pulled into linux last year.

github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/8676df503092dcdd757b1120fab03bfbce0ae1e7

That CoC was actually added about three years ago.

>v2: Drop confusing note from commit message and clarify the grammer
>grammer
christ these are the people managing the linux project

>something that could literally change GNU+Linux forever is drama
yeah.....no....

I like your videos, I'm new to linux but you've really helped me stick to debian, use the man command a lot, and use the terminal whenever I can to learn the ins and outs of linux.

Attached: images(6).jpg (595x515, 46K)