/sqt/ stupid question thread

Stupid question thread.
Ask your stupid questions here.

>Read
→ → → → → → → →

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7
>Last thread:

Attached: 64 crop.png (555x555, 364K)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/l4gmKBe.png
i.imgur.com/vrWdUMs.png
panasonic.com/business/iframes/toughbook-computer-support-search-downloads.asp
oo-software.com/en/shutup10
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>inb4 someone asks for sauce

sauce

Just installed BunsenLabs to replace my Win10, but I can't write to my second hard drive and it's pissing me off to the point of having a flash drive with Win10 ready to go. What the fuck should I do? Going to the root and chmod +x 777 has done nothing for me.

I have a CF-74 Toughbook laptop.
I have it dual booted Windows 7 / Xubuntu.
The speakers work on neither OS, I assume they are broken.
The audio jack works for external speakers on Xubuntu, but.not Windows 7. The drivers are up to date.
What the fuck? Why won't speakers work with Windows, but will with Xubuntu?

Attached: 20180918_175958.jpg (4160x2340, 2.45M)

>The speakers work on neither OS, I assume they are broken.
>Why won't speakers work with Windows, but will with Xubuntu?
Bit confused... If the speakers are working in one OS but not the other, particularly if they are connected via an analog audio jack, it's likely a configuration issue with the sound card, rather than the speakers themselves. See if the Windows configuration is using the wrong speaker setup, if it's muting due to another device being plugged in, using the wrong device entirely, or the like.

where do i get windows 7 iso? I had a dropbox with some working ones yesterday but my linux partition bit the dust and i cant find it anymore. Pls halb

Been a while since I've done an install so I'm no longer sure of my knowledge?
Is it possible to install windows via USB off the boot menu and keep your user settings while migrating from one version of... let's say windows 10 to another.
>EG Win10 Pro to Ent. LTSB or Home to Pro.

By user settings I mean How I've got it set up, programs installed saved files, that kind of thing. I've been trying to get a program for work running and found out it's incompatible with 10home and I need to run it on 10pro... at least according to the developer out of university of arizona anyway.

Unrelated, does anyone know how to install a lenovo explorer headset drivers on windows 10 LTSB? I've run into an issue where it won't auto-install (and confirmed it isn't the headset because it runs on my laptop)

i think you can clone an image to USB but im not sure on that one

Why my i7 8700 wont do 4.6 ghz turbo?
I ve upgraded bios, changed power settings and im able to pull constant 4.3 ghz on full load but even on 1 core load it wont exceed 4.3 gbz

Attached: tas.png (436x467, 16K)

I wish that were me

Ey senpai are there any decent ultralight fanless PCs or waterproof PC tablets?

why does chrome move my links but firefox doesn't on my startpage?

i.imgur.com/l4gmKBe.png

vs

i.imgur.com/vrWdUMs.png

Could someone with sed mastery please help me?
I need to find this string in 100+ files in nested folders. I can get the for loop down but i dont know how to get sed to work.
I need every iteration of this exact set of characters to be removed competently, not white space, but competently delete the line as if it never existed. Some way to delete the newline?
"-string",

What are the temps?

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 8.0

Both windows and xubuntu only.recognize the built.in speakers. The green volume bar in windows even moves, but it will not output sounds in any fashion. I cannot select usb/audio jack speakers.
Xubuntu is the same, but sound actually.comes out. I acknowledge it is a computer hardware issue, not a speaker issue. I just poorly worded.myself.

temps dont exceed 75C

sed -i '/"-string",/d' $INPUTDINGDONG

this should get you started

In windows, when you right click the speaker icon on the tray, what do you see under Volume Control Options?

ok i think i found a decent one. I had to do things to get it. things im not proud of

Hello /sqt/

Sadly, I have an Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 with non-cooled VRM's

I want to overlock my ancient FX 6100 as much as I can but based on the reasearch I've done this is suicide considering the non-cooled VRM's

Nevertheless, I noted that most people is not using aftermarket coolers in their builds when asking about Overclocking with that MOBO

Would I run into problems if I try to overclock my CPU after pairing it with a liquid cooling system?

Or would the VRM's explode anyway?

Thanks in advance

Attached: 1417956482663.jpg (640x480, 46K)

Is my PC fucked?

Attached: wtf.jpg (478x264, 31K)

Gonna be, if you keep using bittorrent. It links to a lot of malware ads - in this case, it was blocked, but they change ads so regularly ya can't depend on Malware Bytes to be familiar with them all.

This also applies when external speakers are plugged in.

Attached: 20180918_192918.jpg (4160x2340, 3.74M)

Thanks, I switched to deluge and the problem went away.

Sending a DoD drone to your flat right now m8

>DoD drone
>m8

you wanker

>DoD drone
Another CIA nigger op being blamed on the Military. Fuck you guys.

lolno
It probably black listed some russian or icelandic tracker

Right click it again, and check the Playback devices.

sudo chown username /path/to/device
reboot

"CLASS"
can you tell me some words that end with programming? And explain?

-LMAOProgramming
-It means when someone don't program like others very smart and intuitive

You could most likely find a link to one on Becky's Jow Forums archive

subtle shilling

Pic related.
Configure doesn't help none neither.
And in case your next move is Properties, it is to the right.

Attached: 20180918_193847.jpg (4160x2340, 3.56M)

How do I make W10 home edition have no stupid telemetry and windows defender?

Attached: 1535508967547.jpg (507x507, 132K)

I deleted a photo accidentally on Android. What is the best way to try to recover the photo?

Thanks in advance!

I'm looking at laptops, and while I'm not that savvy, performance matters to me, so I've been looking at CPU's and determining which are good.

However, I've just learnt about CPU throttling, and apparently this gimps performance quite a bit in some machines. Is there any way of telling which laptop suffers from this, and which doesn't? If not, would a clean install of Windows stop the throttling on the machine?
How would I detect throttling on my Laptop?

Attached: 1376013314319.jpg (288x268, 92K)

Mine has a manufacturer name, not Microsoft. It also says Speakers / Headphones, and shows the 3.5mm jack. I think you have the wrong driver installed.

>However, I've just learnt about CPU throttling, and apparently this gimps performance quite a bit in some machines. Is there any way of telling which laptop suffers from this, and which doesn't?
Typically the larger it is, the more room it has for heat sinks. It's a thermal throttle.
>If not, would a clean install of Windows stop the throttling on the machine?
No.

Can anyone help me figure out what software is running here?
* File manager: ?
* WM: Maybe awesome?
* Terminal emulator: ?
* Text editor: Vim
* Htop

Attached: file.png (1681x768, 1.06M)

Everytime I uninstall it, it auto installs from the internet automatically.

I tried using Driver Booster to find a different one / update it, no dice.

I will try looking for a different driver again though.

so uhm I have a samba share full of videos but I struggle to stream videos on my laptop. if I open the same video in the same room with my phone I can watch the video smoothly. is my laptop network adapter a shit?

I really like this guys artworks.
Just wish I could find a complete archive.

Attached: 035.jpg (851x1200, 254K)

What kind of projects can get you a job without a degree if its possible

Let's say I'm running Windows 7 and I have an Ubuntu VM (using VMware). If I connect to a VPN inside the Ubuntu VM, will I still have the none-VPN connection in Windows 7, while having the VPN connection inside the VM?

everything inside the VM will use the VPN, your host pc will continue to use your normal internet connection

any way to limit bandwidth usage for the whole system in windows easily? I'd want that PC to use only ~10% maximum of my connection speed at all times. only found freeware shit

netbalancer. get a cracked version from piratebay. possibly something old enough to have comments from people verifying it. or just buy it do whatever you want

Right click in the white space in the Playback panel, and make sure both disconnected and disabled devices are checked.

Also, "High Definition Audio Device" usually refers to the HDMI out, not internal/external speakers, though not always.

Also check out:
panasonic.com/business/iframes/toughbook-computer-support-search-downloads.asp

Not sure which submodel it is, but it might be a Sigmatel chipset for audio, in which case you'd have to rely on Windows compatibility drivers for 2k+. If it's instead the Intel AD1883, meh, not sure where to go hunting for that if Windows doesn't install it right.

Liquid cooling would be a total waste. Just don't add voltage and you won't have reliability problems with the motherboard.

that never worked, but it turns out the issue was with some sort of hibernation file left over from windows, took what i wanted off of it then formatted to ext4 and it's working fine now

now if anyone can tell me how to install steam without it fucking up my video drivers, that'd be fantastic

dunno if you can trust them oo-software.com/en/shutup10

link the phone via usb to the pc. enable file sharing switching from recharge mode only. then install recuva and set your phone as input drive and hope for the best

NI Komplete Audio 6 hardware and driver worked great on old pc, now on new laptop it pops and clicks whenever I playback any type of audio. I've tried running it off ASIO, I updated the komplete drivers, I tried all my usb connections, nothing helps. Please anybody. I'm fucking desperate

Having serious issues with the thread watcher on Firefox 62.0

Seemingly arbitrarily it will reset to threads I had watched previously and wipe out what I was watching. I've cleared all site data related to Jow Forums and reset everything and it keeps doing it.

Anyone know where I can find the practice files associated with this book? I made an account on cengage but I don't have a code for the book.

Attached: fuckn_hell_mate.png (331x413, 349K)

found NetLimiter, works fantastically

My laptop's battery indicator is fucked. It will stay on 100% for hours but shutdown and be depleted at 50%

Is there a way to make your battery accurate again?

So how can I detect it?
I'm aiming to get a smaller laptop, what's the point of internal laptop specs when it can be gimped to be as shit as possible?
This makes shopping for a new one a nightmare

Novice here, want to create a soccer coaching tool where coaches can create tactics and train drills while also keeping detailed records of their players.
Think something similar to a football manager game.

What would be the best software stack to use?

Attached: happylizard.jpg (307x299, 25K)

this is one i used on xp systems many years ago, not free (it worked well though)

You'd probably like Terada Katsuya also.

[spoiler]the eye msdn[/spoiler]

Laptops have had this feature for over a decade. You'll likely not notice it. They do it so the thing doesn't burn up.

Fucking waste.

fuck I thought it was free

check em

is Linux really fucked

No, but it's a sign of things to come. Tranny plague has a major foothold and time will tell us the damage they do.

It's just photoshoped

It's fine for now. Whenever the next kernel update happens, it's fucked.

How come trans people are indulged but people with general body dysphoria are encouraged to work through it instead of amputating limbs or harboring a false perception of themselves?

is the groove music player any good?
i need a music player, but I dont which one is the best.

Attached: 1525327342579.gif (717x540, 2.57M)

I use to recommend apollo but wikileaks says it was literal CIA spyware so idunno anymore

So I turned on my PC today and went to Jow Forums through Firefox and Avast alerted me to a bad browser add on that I never installed called "Telemetry Coverage" so I deleted it immediately. Does anyone know what it is? It sounds dangerous. Also, does anyone know how to block a certain domain in Ublock Origin? I've been trying to block "Orbitfour47" from appearing whenever I load up Jow Forums.

They have immunity due to their LGBBQ status

i need a music player for windows, silly.

Attached: 1518686297144.gif (182x250, 73K)

>How come trans people are indulged but people with general body dysphoria are encouraged to work through it instead of amputating limbs or harboring a false perception of themselves?

Dealing with this right now myself. I don't have it, but my wife does. Thread here:

What OS?
I like musicbee on Windows.

>LGBBQ
KEK

based

Foobar 2k. Get the slim skin for it.

Attached: 1530525065514.png (330x537, 12K)

What is a good cd burning program for windows?
I need something that can burn as audio disc and lets me select the speed it burns at. Something free preferred.
Thanks

won't work. i want something i can mute without being focused on the window, like i can do with spotify.

Attached: 1535230847873.png (258x258, 106K)

Anybody have a fix for the thread update, thread notification, thread watcher, thread page count and auto-update not working?

Attached: 1274349271149.png (750x750, 28K)

Use or create a media key Akari.

Why aren't labor unions more present in the tech sector

Attached: iww.png (1200x1200, 123K)

"Failed to load board configurations. Connection error" this seems to happen on chrome vs opera, is it 4chanx? What do Jow Forums?

Doesn't this come baked into the OS?
I haven't burned a CD since like 2004. Used Nero then.

musicbee goes to the taskbar on the bottom of the screen

too late! im already using musicbee thanks to this kind user although i'll admit i think the bee icon is cheesy

Attached: 1523170176305.jpg (467x531, 48K)

>although i'll admit i think the bee icon is cheesy
Don't recall. I haven't used Windows in years, but glad to have helped. I recall it being somewhat customizable, might be a setting to hide the icon. I know that would have bothered me.

infrarecorder (the one with mp3 codec)

Nero burning rom was such bloat, I bet it is an OS now

Came with the redbook though, and I enjoyed reading that.

I have a deployed web app I'm playing with. What's the best way to pull the deployed version into a local copy or push a local copy onto a server so that it works without any tinkering? Currently I have to put the public folder in a different place on the server and have to change the urls, of which there are many. Project uses LAMP stack and the Laravel framework.

Will a mod mic 5 XLR that says it needs a 48v phantom power audio interface work with a scarlett 2i2?

>Laptops have had this feature for over a decade. You'll likely not notice it
But some are much worse, than others, no?
I ask because I googled a laptop and just found a bunch of throttling threads, which led me to google other brands and find more throttling threads.
I just don't want to be shafted by thinking I've bought something great when it only performs at a shitty capacity

It depends on the cooling man, the bigger ones have better cooling. The newer ones have lower wattage CPUs and GPUs, generating less heat.

I brought my PC to another country and I'm now on a new network connection, but now I can't sign into any program and it says that I need to give permission through the firewall, but I can't even find the program on the list of things I can allow.. I feel like shit and don't feel like googling so i'm just asking here. Thanks.

>I can't sign into any program
Like what?