'At 4K resolution with high-quality graphics settings, the RTX 2080 Ti managed to amass a score of 5,897...

'At 4K resolution with high-quality graphics settings, the RTX 2080 Ti managed to amass a score of 5,897, beating out Nvidia’s Titan V (the heavyweight offering that uses Volta architecture) which racked up a tally of 5,220 (remember that’s a GPU aimed at AI and machine learning crunching, but nonetheless it’s a very powerful card that costs a few grand). And the RTX 2080 Ti easily outdid the Titan Xp which recorded a score of 4,756.

As for the RTX 2080, that hit 4,589 points, so it came very close to equaling the Titan Xp, just falling 167 points short. Some previous leaks – 3DMark’s Timespy for example – have indicated that the RTX 2080 could be slightly faster than the Titan Xp.

It seems clear enough that assuming these various benchmarks are on the money, the vanilla RTX 2080 will be a match for the outgoing Titan Xp – which is a beast of a GPU for gaming.

As for the current-gen GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, that scored 4,441 (these results are at stock clocks), so the RTX 2080 eased past that.'

techradar.com/uk/news/nvidia-rtx-2080-ti-leaves-titan-xp-in-the-dust-in-leaked-final-fantasy-xv-benchmarks

Oh boy!

Attached: Nvidia-Turing-pricing[1].png (1920x1080, 3.57M)

Anyone working in the 3d graphics industry would know how fucking mental real time ray tracing is

>4k
literally 1% of gaymers play in 4k . differences at 1440p and 1080 will be lower

How much faster is the 2080 compared to a 1080ti? The graph shows a small difference between the two.

The only version it's faster than is the Founders Edition that throttles like fuck

>nvidia

Attached: rtx.jpg (1280x720, 276K)

How should those that aren't react?

What's the play now? I waited forever for these cards. I have a RX 480 but want to play 1080p 144hz and 4k 60.

Do I wait a month and check 1080 prices and then invest in a better card next round or suck it up and buy a 2080?

install arch

I've got a 1080 and a 1440p 165hz display, and I struggle to push the monitor in most newer games, outside of competitive esports type stuff and older games. You can sometimes get closer without too many compromises, but you will likely have to dial the settings back to some degree if you want to push triple digit frame rates on a 1080.

Kinda the same deal with 4k. I can hit 60fps in older games and less demanding games, but a lot of newer AAA stuff struggles without turning the settings down quite a bit.

Right now I'm trying to decide if shelling out the cash for a 2080, or going for the price/performance point of a used 1080Ti before supply starts to dry up. Or just suck it up and wait another generation.

I'm in your same shoes. It seems like 2080 just doesnt have enough value to warrant purchasing. I'm waiting for the next gen Nvidia/AMD cards

>Anyone working in the 3d graphics industry would know how fucking mental real time ray tracing is

Nvidia owns mental ray. I would guess they already implemented acceleration with Turing on it.

is there still no fucking real benchmarks yet?

Does anyone care?

1060 or 1070 can handle anything at a reasonable resolution really well and it doesnt look like that will change anytime soon.

These new cards are only for faggots who want muh 4k or muh raytracing. Everyone else should get midrange or wait.

As far as the 2080 is concerned I'm expecting ~5% faster than 1080ti at 4k and 5-10% slower at 1440p and below

theres more to RTX than simple raw power. DLSS for example, something you dont get with GTX.

I'm fully aware of all the overhyped meme features

cope, the post

just under 7 hours until embargo is lifted and we get 50 bajillion threads

Attached: 1535902216349.gif (342x342, 404K)

Can't wait for rtx titan.

it s not cope you retard, it s reality. i m not saying that the 2080ti will not be faster it will but not 40% at human resolution . more like 30% or so .

>zotac box
No wonder it caught on fire.

>barely faster than 1080ti
>$1200
>$800
This is not technological progress