Went shops yestryday

>Went shops yestryday
>Tried every MX switch, and compared them to the razer and membrane switches / keys
>MX Cherry and Razer felt almost identical depending on the switch
>MX cherry red was the shittest one i tried, which straight up feels like a membrane key

How do people actually enjoy the reds? Even black, green and clear and brown felt better.

Attached: NEW-3-pin-Cherry-MX-switches-Module-Red-Blue-Black-Brown-Green-Switch-for-Mechanical-gaming.jpg_640x (640x640, 67K)

I like clickiness myself. Box Whites are objectively better than Cherry Blues in every way.

I picked up MX brown for myself, since i tend to play video games. But i went to the shop thinking i will straight up buy MX reds. They felt straight up fucking shit, and not what you'd expect from a mechanical switch (if that makes sense). All the other switches i went 'yeah... that's what i thought it would feel like'

Clears were very nice though, i don't think i'd enjoy them for gaming as much as i found to like the browns / blacks.

Blues are best

Too loud, though. I'd get kicked out of the house by the lady typing at night.

What kind of Glycine max enriched male let's his wife kick him out of his own house? You pay the mortgage you earn the money you should choose whatever keyboard you wish

Was more of a joke, if anything I'd hear complaining. I would also find it rude since i smash the keys (worked construction my whole life) and i tend to man handle things, so even the neighbors would hear that clicking.

Blues are nice as fuck, same with greens, but not for me noise wise.

>red feels like membrane
It doesn't, the springs are soft and linear, not squishy and bouncy.
It's a small difference, but typing on reds is very satisfying and consistent where typing on membranes is very tiring and feels sloppy.

It's something you adjust to, you won't notice the difference in the experience right away, like most hardware upgrades you'll notice it the most when you use it for a few weeks and then try to go back to your old stuff. Then you'll want to cry because of how shit membranes are as you start deliberately compensating for it's faults.

I mean they work, but so does a touchscreen... Or yelling at a text to speech program. It's about having a quality user experience for prolonged sessions. If your not a programmer, system administrator or hobbyist then it's probably not worth it to you because you don't use your stuff long enough to hate it anyway.

Pushing one key with one finger is no way to test anything.

The only good way to test any keyboard is with an hour of real world usage, that's when you will really know how well it works for you.
You can't do that in the store, gone somewhere with a good return policy.

>It doesn't, the springs are soft and linear, not squishy and bouncy.

Opinions i guess, i found and felt pretty much zero differences between the reds and a normal keyboard. Every other MX switch, you can actually feel the difference regardless of how light/heavy the actuation point is. Despite the feel and sound, not much difference between the switches when it comes to performance i found, all of them work as intended and are very responsive / have anti-ghost.

Pretty much MX switches are all personal preference.

I got to test them on a switchboard, and in real life while they were plugged in (Mate works at a computer shop near by).

Attached: VsXWxf8.jpg (4027x2304, 2.57M)

That is seriously not enough, you don't type half a sentence a day if you are looking to drop over a hundred dollars on a keyboard. You probably type like a fucking madman.

You seriously need to spend like a whole day on it, also switchboards are stupid, using your index finger to push a button is a terrible test, in real usage you will be using all of your fingers in rapid succession, the switchboards is to demonstrate the physical differences, not for picking a switch.

There have been so many people who "loved" blue switches, then they get red or browns a month later because the noise pisses them off after a week. They didn't test enough, neither did you probably.
I have one board of each, the browns are at my home work station, the blues are on my guest machine, the reds go to work with me, guess which ones are the fastest and quietest to type on?

>That is seriously not enough

IT was enough time for me, to be able to pick browns out of the whole list. Not a single problem so far, and everything feels great.

You don't have to convince me, just remember your own words the next time you but a keyboard.

You'll see.

This, I've tested the mx blue and found it's to clicky and loud. Returned it and got the brown. Wish I have the keyboard with me to work...The membrane key is just horrible

>membrane
Back to rÄ—ddit.

I'm a sysadmin, I broke my membrane keyboard the second week i was on the job and went out and bought a ducky one 2 with red switches.

To this day I don't know how my fellow admins can put up with those 5 dollar membrane keyboards. The last time I had to use one I broke the damn thing over my knee for constantly missing random keystrokes on the Linux command line, do you know how fucking bad it is when you try to "dd of=/dev/sda1" and the fucking keyboard doesn't register the "1" key? I fucking nuked the whole disk.

I trashed that busted shit and went straight to microcenter after that, best 100 dollars I've ever spent.

>The last time I had to use one I broke the damn thing over my knee for constantly missing random keystrokes on the Linux command line, do you know how fucking bad it is when you try to "dd of=/dev/sda1" and the fucking keyboard doesn't register the "1" key? I fucking nuked the whole disk.

Sounds like you are a retard, who is too lazy to overlook what he typed before typing an important command.

>I'm a sysadmin,

Figures why you're dumb.

if you're not using platinum switches you're not a real computer user. computing is all about your keyboard hardware

>Your a retard
Try writing a 400 line bash script perfectly the first time on a piece of shit keyboard that only works when it wants to faggot.

>Cherry mx

Ah!

After I got tired of the clickiness from Blues I switched to Reds and never looked back. I even liked them so much that I got the next best thing and bought a Topre keyboard (Novatouch).

i actually enjoy the sound of blues and i had this keyboard for two months now. look at all the people my personal subjective opinion impacted. i am s u p e r i o r

You are stupid and just lazy, buddy
Don't blame membrane keyboards on your own failures

lunatic

The only thing that's lazy here is this shit bait attempt.

Sage

>keyboard that only works when it wants to faggot.

but membrane keyboards aren't that bad

Gats Reds are goat if you are a delicate gent.

This particular one literally was.

Granted the disk I nuked wasn't that important, the keyboard had been pissing me off all morning, it wasn't until I got through writing like half the script that I noticed that every line had like 3 missing characters somewhere in it in random places. I thought I found all the missing inputs, I was wrong and erased like 2 hours of work.

The only thing that made sense was to smash the keyboard, I don't regret it.

>This particular one literally was.

so one membrane keyboard you tried was shit... so all of them are? i used a membrane for about 10 years with no problem.. and would have still been using one if i did not have a mech keyboard gifted to me

If that was the only thing that I hated about membrane keyboards do you really think I would have went and bought a new keyboard for 100 dollars rather than just open up a new cheap shitterboard?

If there's no difference then why the hell are you using anything but the cheap shit? Oh, because there is a difference and you know it. Stop acting like a retard.

>why the hell are you using anything but the cheap shit? O

Because it was gifted to me, and mine was about 7 years old. Membrane keyboards have been getting the job done before you were even born
I think you just really fell for the mech keyboard shenanigans

Box Jades/Navies are even better. The improvements BOX switches have over the traditional "blue" design are life changing.
>Feels much better
>Sounds much better
>More durable
Seriously, if you're a fan of clicky switches, ask the Novelkeys guy for a sample switch, or buy a tester. You are doing a disservice to yourself if you don't at least give these shits a try.

Attached: jadenavy.jpg (640x640, 61K)

>Your experience is invalid because I said so
> Let tell you why your opinion is wrong
Later homo

>>Your experience is invalid because I said so
>> Let tell you why your opinion is wrong

soo... what you were exactly doing?

I don't get why other people able to type on them too, maybe the older IBM ones (not model m) would be better, but right now, there Dell keyboard I'm using is horrible. It too bouncy and requires more strength to type on it. I think I've already broke the backspace key

The switch boards don't feel the same even if I'm only clicking one finger at a time.

>red feels like membrane
wat

Attached: 1434050007890.png (211x220, 66K)

if your a normie and don't like ordering things from china to get it 5x cheaper Logitech Romer G linear (like reds) (its new switch first roamer g was shit) is actually the best gaming switch.

I'm a blue switch guy myself. My typing speed is way higher on those things, and I find them way less tiring than membranes.

Fuck anyone who doesn't like the noise.

Proof?